BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

I've said all along he'd end up going the day before the season starts and that seems to be about right now.

If we even bother with a replacement I'm almost certain it would be a loan move.

Armstrong only became a useful player once Dack was out of the equation, all we can hope for is that we now see a similar knock on effect and either SG or Diaz take the reins. That's about as much positivity as I can muster on the subject.

A low scoring (more than likely) team with a leaky defence only points to one thing sadly, buckle up folks.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

How can Norwich value Idah at £5m...then Dolan is the same value?

Idag has scored three goals up to date.

Strange one.

You can't compare the two, Idah is a quality player with huge potential and Dolan isn't anywhere near that. Considering the circumstances we find ourselves in this would be a very good deal.

• Like 2

Is anyone else a bit gutted that we’re about to make our record sale and not a penny of it will go back into the squad?

When you see what Spurs did (Bale), Norwich (Maddison) and now Villa (Grealish) are doing whilst making silly money sales, and compare it to what we will do, it does just compound all of the misery of the past 11 years.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d ask for £20m plus Idah on a perm and offer them a sell on fee. Same with Southampton and Obafemi.

The full £25m is a strong possibility now though.

Mate Ings left for 25 Million.Armstrong is nowhere near as good.We will not get 25 million.

Also let's not forget this story is coming from Alan Nixon 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mate Ings left for 25 Million.Armstrong is nowhere near as good.We will not get 25 million.

Also let's not forget this story is coming from Alan Nixon 

Ings is nearly 30 with no resale value. I think Arma is worth £25m and the market will decide it either way! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Is anyone else a bit gutted that we’re about to make our record sale and not a penny of it will go back into the squad?

When you see what Spurs did (Bale), Norwich (Maddison) and now Villa (Grealish) are doing whilst making silly money sales, and compare it to what we will do, it does just compound all of the misery of the past 11 years

If it allows us to tie down Brereton, lenihan, nyambe and maybe Rothwell, I'll settle for it. For me the biggest issue over recent years and why we're in this mess is a lack of player trading. Raya aside, we've not any significant transfer fees coming in, and when you lose money like we do, that's the one thing to keep you  running. Buy cheap, sell high, repeat. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, alex l said:

If it allows us to tie down Brereton, lenihan, nyambe and maybe Rothwell, I'll settle for it. For me the biggest issue over recent years and why we're in this mess is a lack of player trading. Raya aside, we've not any significant transfer fees coming in, and when you lose money like we do, that's the one thing to keep you  running. Buy cheap, sell high, repeat. 

Mowbray told the LT that he expects none of the Arma money to come back to the squad.

I suppose the wider issue is we’ve spent the Arma money before selling him, and for the most part wasted it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ings is nearly 30 with no resale value. I think Arma is worth £25m and the market will decide it either way! 

I disagree no championship player who has never been tested in the premier League and who only has a year left on his deal and wants to leave is worth 25 million.

I do not believe that Southampton will pay the same money for Armstrong as they got for selling Ings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheshireRover said:

When you see what Spurs did (Bale), Norwich (Maddison) and now Villa (Grealish) are doing whilst making silly money sales, and compare it to what we will do, it does just compound all of the misery of the past 11 years.

The players Spurs signed with the Bale money that summer were absolute dog though... The only one that was decent was Eriksen... Potentially Lamela but he was hot and cold.

35 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So if we get a £5m player as make weight surely we have to give £2m cash to Newcastle. He would be part of the profit so 40% due ?

Can't see anything other than a full cash sale with nothing re-invested.

I believe the transfer of the other player actually counts as a separate 'transaction'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

If  Rovers know they re selling Armstrong they should line up a new striker, maybe a top one from league one or two as Brentford done previous seasons.

But that would show imagination, planning and forethought, something Mowbray lacks

Seems to be excitement from a fair few Rovers fans on social media about who we’ll get included within the Arma deal. Do they know we’re losing the only bloke who knows how to score goals at the club, who just bagged close to 30 in this league?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Almost seems to be excitement from Rovers fans on social media about who we’ll get included within the Arma deal. Do they know we’re losing the only bloke who knows how to score goals at the club? 

The club are hundreds of millions in debt and continue to haemorrhage cash. I take no joy in seeing Armstrong go but we need this to at offset some of the losses. Clubs at this level rely on the occasional big sale to keep things ticking over and we haven’t had one in years. 

It’s a shame that very little/if any will get reinvested in the squad but that just shows how grim things are looking financially. This needs to happen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

The club are hundreds of millions in debt and continue to haemorrhage cash. I take no joy in seeing Armstrong go but we need this to at offset some of the losses. Clubs at this level rely on the occasional big sale to keep things ticking over and we haven’t had one in years. 

It’s a shame that very little/if any will get reinvested in the squad but that just shows how grim things are looking financially. This needs to happen.

And if it results in relegation will you still think the same?

Other clubs sell players and then are ready to reinvest and go again. That's what we used to do. It doesn't happen under this regime, we just get weaker and weaker and waste what little cash is spent on loans.

10 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Depends if he believes in himself or not,that's a lot of ifs that might happen you suggest if he stays.If he's half the player he thinks he is he'll run his contract down and pick his team.

When your team mate is Dack - I think he will want to sort a move out while he can - an injury could totally change everything for him.

58 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

The players Spurs signed with the Bale money that summer were absolute dog though... The only one that was decent was Eriksen... Potentially Lamela but he was hot and cold.

Oh yeah, no doubting that! But I bet their fans were absolutely made up with the fact that they brought those players in and used the money wisely.