BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Would we invest the additional 3M? The money would disappaear, we have been told as much that there is not going to be any of this money reinvested.

As for pulling our pants down, we still win that one as we got Shearer.

I was thinking yesterday how £15m bought Shearer in 1996  and buys Armstrong now!! That's some inflation!

Mind you his value went from £3M to £15M in 4 years!

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Correct and IF the Obafemi deal falls flat will then use this as a stick to batter the club with for not replacing him.

Some will go as far as full 180’s saying Obafemi could’ve been our saviour. Others will slaughter Venkys for not reinvesting it whilst refusing to pay a tenner to go to Morecambe tonight (or whatever).

WTF 🤣🤣🤣

A bit like yourself when Coyle was manager?

If Armstrong is replaced permanently, that fact alone doesn't mean that people have to be content with the individual that comes in. If the Obafemi deal doesnt happen, then people are right to presume and expect that we will find someone else permanently.

There are in the main 2 posters who seem particularly dismissive of Obafemi to perhaps an unfair degree, although the main 2 issues flagged up have been valid ones, injury record and attitude, and no matter what way you twist and turn those to be typical of the general response to a potential deal for Obafemi, neither are as outlandish are suggesting that Venkys will sign any cheque or that Buckley is worth 10m.

If the forum was quite as perpetually angry as you suggest, then you wouldnt ever come on. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Funnily enough what is disingenuous is pretending that people are claiming there’s an angry mob after Obafemi

Nobody has said that, but people have responded to the handful of people claiming he has a bad attitude without really knowing the lad 

No one here (with presumably occasional exceptions) properly knows footballers personally but the bad attitude is not something fabricated, it is something that his current manager has flagged up, and Obafemi himself has admitted, especially around his diet. Of course, it seems from afar that he has made a conscious effort to change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was thinking yesterday how £15m bought Shearer in 1996  and buys Armstrong now!! That's some inflation!

Mind you his value went from £3M to £15M in 4 years!

And Shearer was similar, 3.5 mil to 15 mil. Quite a lot of parallels between the two singings actually. Strikers, Geordies, and now the first three clubs played for, is the same. Only difference is AA aint a patch on big Al.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd rather have £21 million. The extra £6 million could be split up into 2 or 3 decent fees rather than 1 and address 2 or 3 positions.

I think Southampton are having our pants down again here and we are taking all the risk.

They are offloading an injury riddled youngster who has a lot to prove for a 'fee' of £6 million.

We are wiping away a big chunk of our Armstrong cash on a big gamble.

Nobody has yet answered my original question. If we can't afford to sign free agents or offer suitable terms to Kaminski, Nyambe or Rothwell to extend their deals then how can we afford to offer Obafemi a deal remotely close to what he will be on at Southampton?

Completely over the top and needless moaning. "Offloading an injury riddled youngster" Such a nasty way of putting it. 

You would have taken £15 million for Armstrong you said, so now have moved the goalposts? I hope he bangs them in and proves you all wrong. Although I would be more amazed if there was a signing you and a few others actually wouldn't moan about.. 

To answer your question, I'll keep it simple. Firstly, you have no idea what he's on at Southampton. Secondly we need a striker and one out in Armstrong and one in in Obafemi is pretty easy to understand, surely? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Another injured player..... welcome to the Ewood Park physiotherapy club

Do we really need 2 more forwards when there are still gaping deficiencies in midfield and defence? 

Wow, a footballer with a slight injury. Unprecedented. What is actually going on at the club 

🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one here (with presumably occasional exceptions) properly knows footballers personally but the bad attitude is not something fabricated, it is something that his current manager has flagged up, and Obafemi himself has admitted, especially around his diet. Of course, it seems from afar that he has made a conscious effort to change.

But again nobody made out like there was an angry mob out to get him

So, where you claimed posters had moaned about Obafemi being “written off by an angry mob insistent that he is injured forever and has an irreversible bad attitude” was exactly what you was accusing posters of being - disingenuous. Quite why you made that up is another story but it appears to be because you want the right to criticise his attitude also

For every post that criticises him I suspect someone will defend him. But don’t make up scenarios and then accuse others of being disingenuous. It doesn’t work like that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

We haven't saved money if the asking price for Obafemi is excessive or inflated.

I just think it is quite extreme that for a club supposedly in dire straits financially, one that is unable to even issue new contracts or sign free agents, that we are now 'paying' £5 or £6 million for this guy and however much wages he is on.

We aren't ,hence your inverted commas. So what is the conflict or is it just a lack of understanding? 

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That doesn't make sense either.  It's all just fallen into place...🤷‍♂️ if I was a 6m player I wouldn't want to be sold for nothing with no signing fee etc....

All this stinks, that lad is either a crock or not coming. Why would he not sit and see his deal out if he's worth all this money?

To play football? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we say make it £18m cash, don't have to hand a very risky 4/5 year deal to an unproven player.   We invest 3m in  couple of proven players.   Southampton must see us coming every time and start getting the baseball bat out and ask us to pull our pants down

Promotion here we come. Proven where, the Scottish second division? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Completely over the top and needless moaning. "Offloading an injury riddled youngster" Such a nasty way of putting it. 

You would have taken £15 million for Armstrong you said, so now have moved the goalposts? I hope he bangs them in and proves you all wrong. Although I would be more amazed if there was a signing you and a few others actually wouldn't moan about.. 

To answer your question, I'll keep it simple. Firstly, you have no idea what he's on at Southampton. Secondly we need a striker and one out in Armstrong and one in in Obafemi is pretty easy to understand, surely? 

When did I say I would take £15 million for Armstrong?

I might have said that was what we were going to get for him given his contract situation, I didn't say I'd be Happy with it or that it was a Good price for him.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

If we cheat them that'll be the last signing we make with them though on these terms. It'll be full price next time.

I am not advocating cheating anyone out of cash but there are many different ways to complete a deal and if Rovers ever did anything underhand then no club would deal with them.

Just now, JHRover said:

When did I say I would take £15 million for Armstrong?

I might have said that was what we were going to get for him given his contract situation, I didn't say I'd be Happy with it or that it was a Good price for him.

You would have taken it and you know it. Yes, you said that's what we would get and under the circumstances you would take that, so as I said. 

Yet now you are moaning about the bonus extras we are getting. It's comical. 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He hasn't played for ages, what's another 6 months to dictate his future?.....unless he's always harboured a desire to play lower championship football for a dinosaur manager with no men to back him up.... 😏

He was playing in pre-season and was inured prior to this. What's another 6 months? A long time for a young footballer. I find it difficult to believe you coach kids. It would concern me to be honest. 

As for the last part, that didn't do Armstrong any harm, did it? Hopefully Obafemi sees that, because it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up going to somewhere better 

On a professional note the young lad Obefemi will have done his own homework and will no doubt have friends throughout football some of whom will be linked to Rovers current squad, he will also in all likelihood speak to Armstrong and get his views on the club.

He will also note that we are good for young players, you only have to look at the last two or three seasons with the players we have loaned.

If he comes and bags a load of goals then he is right bang in the shop window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Any chance we can all pipe down about obafemi. Seems an awful lot of bickering about a player who hasn't even signed yet. And is unlikely to sign in my opinion. 

Agree, but there is not much else to talk about to be fair lol

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Hi All, 

Seeing a lot of reported posts and subsequently having to hide a few this evening. I think the bottom line having reviewed them, is that people need to simmer down a bit. So, can we aim to do that please?

Thanks.

Less than 24hrs after K-Hod's polite request and there are posters at it again. 

I don't understand why some of you can't discuss transfers in and out without making it a personal attack on other members, or the messageboard itself.

This will be 2 polite requests- So, pretty please, with a cherry on top, cut the crap out! 

I'm fairly sure 3rd time we'll be going a different route. Would be nice if we didn't have to start a season putting fans in the sin bin though. 🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we say make it £18m cash, don't have to hand a very risky 4/5 year deal to an unproven player.   We invest 3m in  couple of proven players.   Southampton must see us coming every time and start getting the baseball bat out and ask us to pull our pants down

Each to their own, but could you keep your private life private, please?

• Like 6