BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Don't disagree about our owners being a problem.

But the manager has been well backed since coming here in previous seasons with money for transfers and contract renewals.

It was on Mowbrays recommendation that a bunch of ageing and substandard players were given Lucrative contracts.We can't blame the owners for that.

Spot on. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Don't disagree about our owners being a problem.

But the manager has been well backed since coming here in previous seasons with money for transfers and contract renewals.

It was on Mowbrays recommendation that a bunch of ageing and substandard players were given Lucrative contracts.We can't blame the owners for that.

The owners empower mediocrity, we've had 9 managers and 27 CEO's - CEO'S on the gravy train, robbing the club and fans blind, Waggot is a saint compared to Shagnew, shelfy and Singh.

The owners must go, or we slide into obscurity even with Pep Guardiola as boss.

Apologies for digressing, who we signing? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

So you’d prefer Mowbray to explain our transfer strategy in every interview? Of course he’s not going to state exactly where the deals are at. Also, the clubs can agree a fee but if the player doesn’t want to discuss terms with us, what are we meant to do. Be reasonable.

Asking a lot on here 

4 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Tony desperately trying to sell rothwell 2 weeks into the new season

Yeah what's that all about.I could understand with Armstrong because we couldn't be losing out on a fee as high as his.But Rothwell,what would we get 1 or 2 million, he has started the season well we can't be letting him go with the squad as it is.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah what's that all about.I could understand with Armstrong because we couldn't be losing out on a fee as high as his.But Rothwell,what would we get 1 or 2 million, he has started the season well we can't be letting him go with the squad as it is.

Exactly what I thought, no chance we could get a replacement in that would offer anything like he does for the price we’d be getting 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Tony desperately trying to sell rothwell 2 weeks into the new season

he was excellent against forest and has started the season playing further up the pitch which is better for him,don`t see the logic selling a player who`s struggled for 3 seasons and now we are getting a tune out of him we get rid,i don`t think he`ll bring that much in either

• Like 1

Nyambe and Rothwell would be massive and criminal losses. I know people don’t think Rothwell is consistent but he really is the most talented player in our squad along with a fully fit dack. He’s been fantastic in the two games this season and the way he controls the ball , creates space and picks a pass , all types of passes, keeps the team on the front door and ticking over. He will be one of those that you didn’t know you missed until he’s gone. He can dribble and score goals from distance (granted he needs to score more ) but he will make better teams than us tick the way cairney has at Fulham. As for Nyambe he will probably never be premier league quality but he’s top end of our division and won’t easily be replaced. They need tying down ASAP.

As far as brereton is concerned he’s improved and shown enough to warrant a new contract but I think losing the 7 million is what’s more galling than losing the player . I still think he’s pretty poor and if rothwell gets stick I don’t understand why he doesn’t. He fluctuates in and out of games and granted he’s scored two already but a lot of his play is average at best. I’m not saying he can’t improve and I would offer him a contract but out of the three he would be the easiest to replace. He’s still falling over , makes poor runs , makes the wrong choices . He’s earned his place in our 11 but that’s more down to the quality  we have at our disposal than the quality Ben brings imho. Might not be a popular opinion but there you go. If he came through our youth system I don’t think people would be as bothered if he left. I certainly won’t shed a tear if he left . I hope he kicks on and proves me wrong. I will be singing Diaz Diaz tomorrow and enjoy the little circus surrounding him but the reality is he isn’t the quality we need to make top six

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

Was Mowbray actually after him, he said last week he hadn't spoken to the player, so utter BS again from Mowbray, agree a deal two weeks ago and dont speak to the player when a transfer is agreed, the guy is getting worse than the liar Kean, and that takes some doing.

I wonder who did speak to the player (or his agent)? Waggot?? Or was it just fluff all along to distract from the Arma fee 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Obafemi will turn out to be nothing but a smokescreen to mask the crap fee we got for Armstrong. Lest we forget the people running our club tried to slip Brockhall through on the sly.

Starting to look that way, the Armstrong deal sounded a great deal more palatable with a ready made replacement coming the other way. In the same way as a game being called off last season looked less of an issue once a brand new pitch was promised a few days later.

Of course neither  materialised.

I'm sure many will be rushing to blame the owners for this as usual but reading between the lines from what Mowbray said the other week funds have been made available for an Armstrong replacement but our crack recruitment team can't get any sort of deal over the line.

Heading for no permanent replacement for our prime asset or at best a loan of some nobody the parent Club is desperate to offload at the last minute.

I'd imagine the reason people are irritated about the Obafemi thing is that it was clearly never happening, if the player had been interested it would have gone through simultaneously with Armstrong. However the Club craftily pretended it was still a runner and even pretended he was our main target.

Also how on earth can we waste time and effort negotiating a fee with Southampton then our manager never even speaks to the player?

Surely it would be normal for us to do some initial sounding out via the player's agent to see if he might be interested and avoid wasting time? Or is it just further window dressing to make it look like we're doing something worthwhile?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not picking up the phone to speak to players we've allegedly agreed a fee for.

It seems to break down when Mogadon gets involved.  The kids from xyz premier league teams are being told to come, otherwise we would be snookered. 

He's a dinosaur with no real style of play to get new young players excited.   His backroom staff are like the Adams family with Cousin Lumpy Lowe.  Imagine the drills in training, proper borefest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's a dinosaur with no real style of play to get new young players excited.  Imagine the drills in training, proper borefest.

Rarely, over the past 9yrs, have I seen our players look more excited and proud as I have at the end of the Swansea and Forest games, I never saw the end of Millwall.

It’s been great to see, Just saying….

Edited by Gav

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Rarely, over the past 9yrs, have I seen our players look more excited and proud as I have at the end of the Swansea and Forest games, I never saw the end of Millwall.

I'm not judging Mogadon on the last 2 games.  We were top this time last season or there abouts....

I think my theory holds judging by the lack of good quality signings

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

i put our new approach down to mowbray handing venus the team shape duties,the performances so far have been far removed from tony`s possesion based approach,venus tactics are more direct,you can see the difference,did`nt danny graham on his podcast say they had vastly different approaches  to the game

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Starting to look that way, the Armstrong deal sounded a great deal more palatable with a ready made replacement coming the other way. In the same way as a game being called off last season looked less of an issue once a brand new pitch was promised a few days later.

Of course neither  materialised.

I'm sure many will be rushing to blame the owners for this as usual but reading between the lines from what Mowbray said the other week funds have been made available for an Armstrong replacement but our crack recruitment team can't get any sort of deal over the line.

Heading for no permanent replacement for our prime asset or at best a loan of some nobody the parent Club is desperate to offload at the last minute.

I'd imagine the reason people are irritated about the Obafemi thing is that it was clearly never happening, if the player had been interested it would have gone through simultaneously with Armstrong. However the Club craftily pretended it was still a runner and even pretended he was our main target.

Also how on earth can we waste time and effort negotiating a fee with Southampton then our manager never even speaks to the player?

Surely it would be normal for us to do some initial sounding out via the player's agent to see if he might be interested and avoid wasting time? Or is it just further window dressing to make it look like we're doing something worthwhile?

The smokescreen is not just aimed at us. They play it out in the press as much for the owners as for us. We tried to sign XY & Z, they weren't available, found better deals elsewhere etc etc.  The owners and their minions will see said articles and believe them and as football does not wash its laundry in public, they will be none the wiser. The main lesson everyone should have learned from Brockhall, is we are dealing with some right shady characters these days.  I can't help but think they will run our club into the ground to make money on the side.  At this moment in time we have banked cash and Maggots P&L account looks much better.  We tried Madame but we passed FFP, TMs doing a great job in difficult circumstances, we should give him a new contract......  The less we spend the healthier Maggots job is strengthening his leverage with Venkys.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@JoeHarent you a fan of Dale? Can you explain why you are?

No. Kirk's the forward I would've looked at. Heavily experienced. Cheaper. Worked well with our left-back in Pickering there. Siriki Dembele would be a good addition but can't see it. Can see the merits of signing a Luke Jephcott too but can't see that either.

Edited by JoeH

49 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

The smokescreen is not just aimed at us. They play it out in the press as much for the owners as for us. We tried to sign XY & Z, they weren't available, found better deals elsewhere etc etc.  The owners and their minions will see said articles and believe them and as football does not wash its laundry in public, they will be none the wiser. The main lesson everyone should have learned from Brockhall, is we are dealing with some right shady characters these days.  I can't help but think they will run our club into the ground to make money on the side.  At this moment in time we have banked cash and Maggots P&L account looks much better.  We tried Madame but we passed FFP, TMs doing a great job in difficult circumstances, we should give him a new contract......  The less we spend the healthier Maggots job is strengthening his leverage with Venkys.

We eventually managed to remove the Anderson parasite, only to be lumbered with the Coventrio.

For multi-bullionaires they really are an easy target. These scumbags see them coming a mile off.

• Like 4