BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Thought there was a thread to discuss the merits of Data? Its been done a billion times in here and gets boring. Take it to the two-page thread.

They're not even discussing data, they're discussing an actual scouting tool that involves watching clips. Not that having a thread for data means it can never ever be referenced here anyway, any more than a Mowbray thread stops his name cropping up here.

• Like 3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/newcastles-transfer-stance-on-sheffield-united-blackburn-rovers-and-huddersfield-town-target-revealed/amp/#scso=_43ciYZT6BbODhbIP_qGs4A0110:0

So Newcastle want whoever will pay the most wages for Longstaff. That won't be us. Probably Sheff United if their interest is real.

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/newcastles-transfer-stance-on-sheffield-united-blackburn-rovers-and-huddersfield-town-target-revealed/amp/#scso=_43ciYZT6BbODhbIP_qGs4A0110:0

So Newcastle want whoever will pay the most wages for Longstaff. That won't be us. Probably Sheff United if their interest is real.

Surely how much he will play is a main factor. 

Would he start ahead of Norwood, Berge and Fleck? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would he start here when we already have a loan who plays the same position, plus Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Davenport and Buckley, then potentially a new attacking central midfielder.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Would he start here when we already have a loan who plays the same position, plus Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Davenport and Buckley, then potentially a new attacking central midfielder.

Yes thats a fair point. 

Guess we see who this new signing tomorrow and where he plays if he signs 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone seen much of Luke Jephcott of Plymouth? 

started the season very well and we need a goalscorer to replace AA. Would he been an option for us?

4 goals in 5 games this season. 

Looks very good but last time I saw him mentioned with a move I seem to remember plymouth wanting a very big fee for him

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

started the season very well and we need a goalscorer to replace AA. Would he been an option for us?

No I haven’t but I’d take anyone right now so sign him up! 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

24 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah seems short sighted to who will pay the most. Mickey Mouse club management there from Newcastle.

Only has a year left on his deal so don't expect they care how much he plays.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Looks very good but last time I saw him mentioned with a move I seem to remember plymouth wanting a very big fee for him

Never seen him, but sounds like a Rhodes type of player: "

“Luke doesn’t get in any races with defenders does he, because he knows he just lacks that yard of pace.

“But when the ball gets played into him it sticks and he just pops it off without complicating things and he gets in the box."

Also signed a two-year contract this summer, so won't be cheap.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seen him a couple of times.  Looks relatively quick and makes intelligent runs.  Scored a great goal from just outside the box.  General view, he his young and has a lot to learn.  A little on the small side for a centre forward estimate 5’9” or 5’10” so not a target man. Probably suit Mowbray?  Talking to a mate who is a Plymouth fan, gets his share of bookings.  Went through a Barron patch last season  around 20 without scoring.  Just signed a new contract at Plymouth, so would probably cost us.

Not sure that he is championship level and feel it would be a risk for us.  If we go for him I hope I am wrong.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's not like that at all no you're right. I've tried on the data in football thread to upload a screengrab video walking through the process on these platforms but I can never get the file size low enough to upload.

Get in touch with J*B or Herbie, sounds like an interesting content piece

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Thought there was a thread to discuss the merits of Data? Its been done a billion times in here and gets boring. Take it to the two-page thread.

Someone asked a question about scouting tools in relevance to transfers and signings. I've said it before and I'll say it again, data and data analysis is going to come up naturally from time to time on this thread.

If you have an issue with my posts, or other posters bringing up data in football or asking questions about the tools and programmes in the transfers thread, use the "ignore" function and leave it be?

As @bluebrucehas rightly pointed out, this short (two/three post) conversation (which I'd argue was relevant but hey ho) has taken this topic no further off thread than chats about Mowbray, Waggott, Brockhall, the state of Ewood Park or any other topic have taken the thread over the 382 pages it has.

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Get in touch with J*B or Herbie, sounds like an interesting content piece

Since posting I've been looking at a way to get it done. A thread on twitter that I then post in here was option 1, but I can't imagine the parent company would take too well to that kind of insight so public, would probably get away with something in here if I can find a way of uploading it. 

If I manage to make it work, I'll sort something in the Data topic thread.

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's not highlights. Clips of every mistimed tackle, every missed header, every shot blazed over, every pass wayward, every yellow card given, every penalty conceded, EVERYTHING are available on these platforms. Sure on social media, highlights packages and fun clips of players scoring goals are going to do well and get shared for that reason, but if you spend an hour or two watching clips (positive and negative) on ONE player, you definitely know a bit about them.

It might not be the same as scouting a player in person, but you know what foot they use, what positions they pick up, what they're good at and not good at (in general). 

I get the idea that data and video analysis isn't the same as watching a player week in week out, but surely you can see there's some value in watching clips of a player?

Not really 

And then after hours of studying the "data" you make some enquiries with his agent and discover his wage demands are out of our League which makes the whole exercise entirely pointless.

Although in Rovers' case we seem to plug doggedly on anyway, putting an "offer" on the table which is never likely to be accepted then act all hard done to when nothing happens all summer then the player eventually moves elsewhere.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Since posting I've been looking at a way to get it done. A thread on twitter that I then post in here was option 1, but I can't imagine the parent company would take too well to that kind of insight so public, would probably get away with something in here if I can find a way of uploading it. 

If I manage to make it work, I'll sort something in the Data topic thread.

Just send me the file on wetransfer and I’ll compress it. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just send me the file on wetransfer and I’ll compress it. 

I've managed it, used an online app. Video quality isn't amazing but hopefully the 10min clip I've posted in the data in football topic will help offer some insight into the sheer depth of the thing.