BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think your figures are very wrong.

My understand is it is an expensive deal (loan fee and wages) for Rovers.

I have a friend who works in the legal side and believe me we are not paying over the odds for this lad, it is a relatively cheap loan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

How can you build a side over time if you can't even afford the wages of the ones you've collected? Bizarre.

"Bleak contract outlook"!

BLEAK OUTLOOK FULL STOP. Pleasington here we come.

Rovers cannot train or play any kind of sport at Pleasington any more !

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There is a mystery- like how we can sell a player for 8 figures, demolish the wage bill by releasing 15 players and yet still not be in a position to even be able to sign a few free agents, restricted instead to a handful of teenage loans.

Operating in line with FFP also means ensuring assets are under contract, not what is happening here.

Red herring this FFP stuff. This is on the owners and management not the rules.

There has been no hard cash coming through the club for 18 months. Maybe the fans really do have a part to play in ensuring they support the club and boost the funds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

All of this would be fine if we combined it with some shrewd permanent signings in the (300k - 900k range). I doubt any Rovers fans are expecting millions to be spent but just a handful of signings to show that the club is still active and investing in it's own future would be nice... I'm presuming Mowbray didn't expect to be in a job this summer and the transfer activity does have a look of that.

A couple of good prospects bought relatively cheap, supplemented by a couple of loans, and we'd be happy. The current direction is just destroying the future of the club.

And to think we spent £12M (wasted?, especially if Diaz leaves on a free) just a couple of seasons ago. If only Tony and his crew had been slightly more prudent then, we could have taken a more measured approach now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We don't know that loans are blocking contracts for our assets. If Nyambe won't sign, loaning in Clarkson isn't the reason we haven't sorted Nyambe's contract.

It's all up in the air as no one extrnally knows why Nyambe/Rothwell won't sign.   

If it is purely  because we can't offer enough contract wise, then I'm guessing the argument is what we pay for Clarkson (loan fee plus wage contribution) would allow us to offer Nyambe/Rothwell an extra 2-3k per week.

Promoting  Garret to the first team squad and retaining two assets who both have a resale value is much better for Blackburn Rovers in the mid to long term.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

On a permanent for a fee? If so any idea how much, will it allow us to pay a small fee for Dale?

So Chapman who we have had here for 3 years is given a contract extension to prove himself. The sum total of the prove yourself period is 3 games in which he has played well. He is then sent on loan back to Shrewsbury. I hope we aren’t picking up any of his wages because that would be madness. Either keep him or don’t extend and let him go

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It's all up in the air as no one extrnally knows why Nyambe/Rothwell won't sign.   

If it is purely  because we can't offer enough contract wise, then I'm guessing the argument is what we pay for Clarkson (loan fee plus wage contribution) would allow us to offer Nyambe/Rothwell an extra 2-3k per week.

Promoting  Garret to the first team squad and retaining two assets who both have a resale value is much better for Blackburn Rovers in the mid to long term.

I suspect it's more Nyambe and Rothwell trying to get out of this basket-case club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There has been no hard cash coming through the club for 18 months. Maybe the fans really do have a part to play in ensuring they support the club and boost the funds

Our turnover doesn’t even cover half the total wage bill id estimate. 

I estimate it’s something like 250k a week? 52 Steve Waggotts? 12m a season? 7000 season tickets is probably only 3/4m.

Throw in covid, and we will probably have 1 full seasons takings over two seasons. Bound to cause huge issues.

If you compare our business in the same number as transfer windows against someone like Brentford (up to last january) - there in lies the problem, we’ve not got anywhere near as much bang for our buck!

Hence why I don’t believe the owners “financial troubles” or the club really ever being in danger of being short of money to pay the basics, for me it’s mainly because if we break ffp, we legally cannot sign new contracts above 10k - Which might point to reasons for Nyambe, Rothwell etc not signing yet as they’re well worth that and probably more.

I’m hoping when the window shuts and agent chatter calms down, we will see the main talents resign - if we manage to get Kaminski, Rothwell, Brereton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis and a couple of others tied down for a few more years - that’s some serious value in assets.

If we had some more savvy entrepreneurial modern CEO / directors involved, we would’ve probably found a way round this embargo / limit bollox, much like the scouting would’ve been a lot better.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

So Chapman who we have had here for 3 years is given a contract extension to prove himself. The sum total of the prove yourself period is 3 games in which he has played well. He is then sent on loan back to Shrewsbury. I hope we aren’t picking up any of his wages because that would be madness. Either keep him or don’t extend and let him go

I think he kept him on because he feared he might not be able to bring anyone at all in or only a couple at most.  They most likely knew they could offload him to Shrewsbury again at some point and of course we know he looks after lads from the North East.

It's his unwritten rule.

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Best way to save his own ass!! Short term approach….doesn’t want a relegation on his CV if he’s off next year, right? 👀

Beginning to think that.  He does not seem interested in the term journey anymore. He knows this team aren't capable of playoffs and more likely to drop down.  Not his problem in 12 months if players leave.

He is however building himself a nice  reputation with the big clubs for developing their kids.  That will earn him kudos now should he move elsewhere or retire.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

He's made 14 appearances in the PL for Leeds (in the main as a sub) and featured in 30+ match day squads.

I think it would be naive to think it's a 'cheap' loan signing in terms of loan fee and wages.  PL clubs like Chelsea, City etc make very substantial monies from loans and I don't think Leeds will have done this out of the kindest of their heart.   

They ain't giving him to us out of the goodness of their hearts, he is here to get minutes, increase his experience and value like orta said.What was the alternative for them?Leave him in their under 23s.

We will not be paying the majority of his wages.

Two weeks ago it was your understanding that Armstrong was sold for 12 leading to 15 which is incorrect also 

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

So we stay up, Mowbray leave and we have no players.  

That's pretty much how I see it. If he isn't getting a new deal then why would he give a toss about what shape we will be in for next season. He doesn't want a relegation on his CV and he could use that to bluff his way into one last payday from another club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Best way to save his own ass!! Short term approach….doesn’t want a relegation on his CV if he’s off next year, right? 👀

Once he has left the Rovers, I don't think he will have any use for a CV.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

This isn't true. Media and commercial income has continued throughout and even increased by way of additional payments from Sky/PL clubs to bridge the gap.

Ticketing revenues collapsed yes but this applies to every club and given the numbers we have turning up is a smaller loss than most have had to cope with. 

Many fans, myself included, have had enough of lies, contempt and bullsh1t from the club. Like promising a price reduction last season then 3 months later hiking prices for all during a pandemic.

The club chose to do that. They have to live with the consequences. 25% less sales it is.

• Like 6

If Mowbray knows he's not wanted and we have sounded out other managers, I doubt he exactly busting a gut to make us great.  He strikes me as a bitter dude and it wouldn't surprise me if he works to ensure the next manager who comes in is left with a right pickle to solve.  This would also shaft the owners as money would need to be spent to resolve the issue and then we have FFP.  Not even going to mention what you could do if your mate was the Chairman.  Spend the AA money on loans, don't renew the contracts, stay up, great job from the outside, go down expected and no face lost for sourpuss......  And on to the next sucker club for the Coventrio.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SoldierMo said:

Why dont we create an open letter or protest against Waggott? Question through an open letter? Wtf has he done???

Good luck in getting the LT to print that.

Good idea though but tricky to get through plus there's an army of nodding dogs out there will pour scorn on it. Half of them the same person on social media but it influences others.

13 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

If Mowbray knows he's not wanted and we have sounded out other managers, I doubt he exactly busting a gut to make us great.  He strikes me as a bitter dude and it wouldn't surprise me if he works to ensure the next manager who comes in is left with a right pickle to solve.  This would also shaft the owners as money would need to be spent to resolve the issue and then we have FFP.  Not even going to mention what you could do if your mate was the Chairman.  Spend the AA money on loans, don't renew the contracts, stay up, great job from the outside, go down expected and no face lost for sourpuss......  And on to the next sucker club for the Coventrio.

And this is were the owners are letting not just themsleves but the club and fans alike.

The sooner Mowbray and co go the better!

• Like 1

I think (and hope) this is Mowbray's last season and our activity in the transfer market is hinting towards that being the case. Why bring in players on permanent deals if you are not going to be at the club beyond next summer?

Get a few loans in to cover the short term, hope to stay up and leave with 'your head held high'. That seems to be the plan. Replacing the out of contract players and getting a permanent replacement for Armstrong is likely to be somebody else's problem in 12 months time.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Crazy talk 

• Like 4