BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

last 3 years have seen some of the worst football he's seen in 50 years. Who could argue wth that?

Me. I can think of much worse football we've played than under Mowbray. We might've lacked a back bone but we won three games last season having scored 5 goals... it's hardly shit football, let alone the worst football in 50 years.

Edited by JoeH

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our current EFL squad would have 23 EFL squad at the minute. 25 is the limt

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19534003.efl-squad-list-affect-blackburn-rovers-transfer-decisions/

I think a few of those 23 will be moved out on loan. We may also not include Bradley Dack until Jan, I suspect we'll not be limited to 2 more signings. That said I suspect this management will not be able to manage more then 2.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Me. I can think of much worse football we've played than under Mowbray. We might've lacked a back bone but we won three games last season having scored 5 goals... it's hardly shit football.

Ehh, weren't 2 of them against 10 men, surely you can agree the football has been absolutely awful bar the first 4 games, where we looked fantastic, after that the style changed and we looked absolutely woeful.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bboy said:

I think a few of those 23 will be moved out on loan. We may also not include Bradley Dack until Jan, I suspect we'll not be limited to 2 more signings. That said I suspect this management will not be able to manage more then 2.

Good point. Would be clever to leave Dack out if it helps us get another in.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Ehh, weren't 2 of them against 10 men, surely you can agree the football has been absolutely awful bar the first 4 games, where we looked fantastic, after that the style changed and we looked absolutely woeful.

Do people not remember 2016 and 2017? Our football under Mowbray just isn't the worst in 50 years, it's an over exaggeration.

59 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I disagree with lots of this, particularly don't like the tone of it either.

The worst thing about the post is its now got 13 likes - No wonder the clubs ****** with such short sightedness.

Anyway back to transfers, whats happening? Bad advice again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

surely you can agree the football has been absolutely awful bar the first 4 games

We've only played 5 (including the cup)....

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

The worst thing about the post is its now got 13 likes - No wonder the clubs ****** with such short sightedness.

Anyway back to transfers, whats happening? Bad advice again?

What can we say - each to their own but I don’t buy the reactive OTT stuff aimed at TM.

I think Waggott has steadily shown he is inept, but when it comes to Rovers problems. I only ever seen The Rao’s as the reason.

The buck stops in India. They don’t value their money, or ensure it’s used correctly. Until they start doing so, we will more Birmingham than Brentford 

• Like 1

Like iv'e said far be it from me to defend this ownership but not sure how they are supposed to spend when we are at the brink of more FFP sanctions.

Not saying they would anyway but not long ago they did a share conversion of about 20 million was it ?  That was to see us through the covid losses presumably on top of everything else. At some point in the next 6/12 months they'll have to do another issue or 5 / 10 million it's fair to assume.

The AA money will ease things a little but it's a drop in the ocean really and the manager looks set to blow some of that on short term loans of kids.  Just to see us through this season in this club hes apparently been building for the last 4 seasons since the last reset.

I just hope we get through this season unscathed and they provide a bit of backing for a proper rebuild next summer.

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

but we won three games last season having scored 5 goals... it's hardly shit football, let alone the worst football in 50 years

Why highlight 3 games when we won only 2 of 17 in that same season? Selective nonsense.

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

Why highlight 3 games when we won only 2 of 17 in that same season? Selective nonsense.

Because my point is that if you're playing "shit football" no.. "the worst football I've seen in 50 years" you simply don't win games with 5 goals on 3 different occasions in the same season.

You only have to go back as far as Owen Coyle, the previous manager, to find significantly worse football. 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I meant last season.

This season isn't much better

I'm not claiming we play great football, we get a lot wrong. But it's not the worst football we've seen in 50 years. It's a wild over exaggeration. 

Edited by JoeH

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Like iv'e said far be it from me to defend this ownership but not sure how they are supposed to spend when we are at the brink of more FFP sanctions.

Not saying they would anyway but not long ago they did a share conversion of about 20 million was it ?  That was to see us through the covid losses presumably on top of everything else. At some point in the next 6/12 months they'll have to do another issue or 5 / 10 million it's fair to assume.

The AA money will ease things a little but it's a drop in the ocean really and the manager looks set to blow some of that on short term loans of kids.  Just to see us through this season in this club hes apparently been building for the last 4 seasons since the last reset.

I just hope we get through this season unscathed and they provide a bit of backing for a proper rebuild next summer.

Just throwing money at something isn’t looking after it. Especially if you’re simply adding another 10000 shares.

We where rudderless after Williams left, and Waggott is like trying turn the Titanic with a teaspoon.

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Do people not remember 2016 and 2017? Our football under Mowbray just isn't the worst in 50 years, it's an over exaggeration.

The management deserve heaps of criticism for not being more adaptable last year, but the football since our return wasn't even the worst in the last 10 years, never mind 50. 

• Like 3

We've heard from countless former players about the absolute shit show that was the reign of the manager just once removed from our current one. Lack of training, no preparation, no team shape. Players making it up on the pitch as they go along, ignoring the manager on the touchlines, holding team meetings about how shit the football is and the training. 

It's an insult to Tony Mowbray, albeit a very average manager, to ignore the absolute dross that was Owen Coyle's time at this club.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We've heard from countless former players about the absolute shit show that was the reign of the manager just once removed from our current one. Lack of training, no preparation, no team shape. Players making it up on the pitch as they go along, ignoring the manager on the touchlines, holding team meetings about how shit the football is and the training. 

It's an insult to Tony Mowbray, albeit a very average manager, to ignore the absolute dross that was Owen Coyle's time at this club.

Danny G called it 4-4-open

• Like 2

Whilst appreciating what Mowbray did in turning Rovers round, he should have gone when he gave up on coming from league 1 as champions. He would have gone at that time as a decent manager, but he has tainted his legacy with most of his decisions, I think we all know what they are without repeating them.

• Like 4

Just now, Burrells Boy said:

Whilst appreciating what Mowbray did in turning Rovers round, he should have gone when he gave up on coming from league 1 as champions. He would have gone at that time as a decent manager, but he has tainted his legacy with most of his decisions, I think we all know what they are without repeating them.

I agree to an extent. I probably don't blame him for doing another year after promotion, most managers would. I think 2019/20 period was the time to walk away whilst able to say "job well done".

30 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Just throwing money at something isn’t looking after it. Especially if you’re simply adding another 10000 shares.

We where rudderless after Williams left, and Waggott is like trying turn the Titanic with a teaspoon.

Agreed but it's just what they've always done but its rarely been used properly.

Various incumbents get used to it being there and either pilfer as much as they can or just take it fir granted and waste it. Then when the taps get turned off there is all out panic and danger of implosion.

Yes they employ these people but this set in particular came in when there was a proper reset going on. Since then they've continually told us about a journey, about building a football club and about squad value.

Well now their own chickens are coming home to roost in many ways. I doubt its been perfect behind the scenes but this lot have had the best most calm backing and period in Venky history at Rovers. This season is now the sum total of their period in charge of the building.

Lets see how they handle what some other clubs in this division have to operate with all the time. Personally i think we should be in better shape now than what we are regardless of the owners.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I’v seen a few on here mentioning that we should go after Hugill on loan. I think he’s going to do very well under Ismael.

Best team in the league only getting better as this window goes on. Hope they go up because I think Ismael's football will be fascinating to watch in the Premier League.

36 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I can understand fans frustrations about the current situation but I agree that Mowbray and Waggott are just the tip of the iceberg. They’re the wrong people for the job and should have been moved on months ago but it’s the decision making (or lack of) above them that is the fundamental issue. 

As mentioned, the club are in an awful financial predicament and there is no good solution. The same fans who are quick to point out the mess we’re in also  seem to be complaining at the lack of transfer funds or demanding that we throw more money at the players out of contract. We’ve got to draw a line somewhere and cut our cloth accordingly, even if it means Joe Rothwell leaves on a free next season.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Because my point is that if you're playing "shit football" no.. "the worst football I've seen in 50 years" you simply don't win games with 5 goals on 3 different occasions in the same season.

You only have to go back as far as Owen Coyle, the previous manager, to find significantly worse football. 

3 games and 2 of those against 10 men does not a summer make. I'll leave it there, we are not going agree.

Much and I emphasise "much" of the football last season was as bad as I have ever seen.

• Like 1