BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

40 minutes ago, unsall said:

Still not answered the question of how much do we pay for the new contracts, in fact your saying we’ve paid silly money on contracts before but on the other hand saying pay them what they want. 
No one can answer the question unless you know the wages being offered, pointless argument, the agents know some other clubs will offer more, especially just come down from premier, but clubs like us have to have a cap, unless someone is exceptional, Armstrong, Dack etc, your Nyambe, Rothwell decent players but how much do you offer them, tough decisions.

Only about 5 people will know exactly what the players are on and exactly what they are after. In Nyambes case that will be him, his agent, the clique at Rovers and perhaps Nyambe's inner circle.

I don't think we can really trust what Mowbray has to say on this because he's got form for daft exaggerations on things. Like claiming Patrick Bauer was demanding £40,000 a week to leave Charlton to come here (before joining thrifty PNE) and other daft claims like Bristol City play in front of 30,000 every week.

He exaggerates to suit his agenda which is usually to put this club down/excuse failure/cover himself and the owners from criticism.

Nyambe last signed a contract here in July 2017 just after the club was relegated to League One and just after his breakthrough season from the u23s. How much do you think we put him on then? Big money for an u23 RB going into League One?

If you do a google search (possibly flawed I know) the figure given is £4,700 per week. Probably what I would expect and tallies with what well informed people have told me.

Now if that figure is correct, and Nyambe wants his wage doubling, then I would agree to that. Why? Because a new 3 or 4 year deal on that basis would be an extra commitment from the club of between £750,000-£1 million over a 3-4 year period. As I've explained, the cost of losing him for nothing then having to bring in a competent replacement, wages and signing on fee would in all probability greatly exceed that amount. Even if it didn't we still have to protect the massive profit that could be made if Nyambe continues to improve.

I disagree it is a tough decision. If Nyambe is only on £5k a week, which was a League One contract, he rightly expects a pay rise. I think that is fair enough. He's watched as the club has happily handed out deals to Ayala, Mulgrew, Dack over the last few years so why shouldn't he have some of that? If Nyambe was already on £15 or 20 thousand a week that obviously changes things but I see absolutely no suggestion for him being on that sort of money.

What are you suggesting? That we go through the hard yards of developing these players in our expensive academy, give them their breakthrough, play them, take the risk with them, persevere with them and then once they attain significant value we let that go for nothing because we have to stick to a self imposed wage cap (that Nyambe is likely well below already)?

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only about 5 people will know exactly what the players are on and exactly what they are after. In Nyambes case that will be him, his agent, the clique at Rovers and perhaps Nyambe's inner circle.

I don't think we can really trust what Mowbray has to say on this because he's got form for daft exaggerations on things. Like claiming Patrick Bauer was demanding £40,000 a week to leave Charlton to come here (before joining thrifty PNE) and other daft claims like Bristol City play in front of 30,000 every week.

He exaggerates to suit his agenda which is usually to put this club down/excuse failure/cover himself and the owners from criticism.

Nyambe last signed a contract here in July 2017 just after the club was relegated to League One and just after his breakthrough season from the u23s. How much do you think we put him on then? Big money for an u23 RB going into League One?

If you do a google search (possibly flawed I know) the figure given is £4,700 per week. Probably what I would expect and tallies with what well informed people have told me.

Now if that figure is correct, and Nyambe wants his wage doubling, then I would agree to that. Why? Because a new 3 or 4 year deal on that basis would be an extra commitment from the club of between £750,000-£1 million over a 3-4 year period. As I've explained, the cost of losing him for nothing then having to bring in a competent replacement, wages and signing on fee would in all probability greatly exceed that amount. Even if it didn't we still have to protect the massive profit that could be made if Nyambe continues to improve.

I disagree it is a tough decision. If Nyambe is only on £5k a week, which was a League One contract, he rightly expects a pay rise. I think that is fair enough. He's watched as the club has happily handed out deals to Ayala, Mulgrew, Dack over the last few years so why shouldn't he have some of that? If Nyambe was already on £15 or 20 thousand a week that obviously changes things but I see absolutely no suggestion for him being on that sort of money.

What are you suggesting? That we go through the hard yards of developing these players in our expensive academy, give them their breakthrough, play them, take the risk with them, persevere with them and then once they attain significant value we let that go for nothing because we have to stick to a self imposed wage cap (that Nyambe is likely well below already)?

You don't know that Nyambes refusal to sign a new contract is down to money though.He has had spells out of the side every season and in my opinion Mowbray doesn't seem to rate him as highly as I do.

I agree we need to be more pro active but just disagree with you that it's as simple as just giving whatever player what they want to get them signed up.Its great in theory to say get em signed up and we can sell them down the line.It doesn't always work out like that and due to the pandemic, transfer fees of significance will be seen less and less at this level and below.

And maybe the club are realising they have made mistakes.We have signed two of our brighter prospects in Buckley and Carter to long term deals this summer 

Edited by islander200

55 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not if he goes abroad though, and if he performs for Chile it wouldn't be a surprise to see Spanish teams take an interest

Yes sorry, I forgot to add that caveat this time. Tbf there were rumours that a Spanish side was sniffing, too.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's not the last time he signed a contract here. He last signed a deal in 2019. A 2 year deal with a 1 year extension option, which we have exercised. I said at the time it was stupid to give him such a short deal (didn't know about the extension option at the time but I'd still have been looking to get him on four years). I wonder if us not being willing to offer him much of a raise is why it was fairly short.

• Like 2

Venky's have a history of letting contracts run down. I can't remember too many players who have extended half way through a current contract. Dack did but he was injured at the time so was sensible for him to do so. Some of the older players too maybe.

The current crop in their final year will simply see how the season goes. A good season may persuade them to stay but, as free agents,  signing on fees at a new club will be a big temptation. None of them will be renewing before the end of the season - why would they? they hold all the cards.

If you have a nice car you don't wait until things go wrong before taking it to the garage - you get it serviced regularly and ensure it is in good condition - always keep an eye on the future. Venky's are running Rovers like it is an old banger on it's last legs. But we all know that - the contract situation is just another symptom.

9 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Venky's have a history of letting contracts run down. I can't remember too many players who have extended half way through a current contract. Dack did but he was injured at the time so was sensible for him to do so. Some of the older players too maybe.

The current crop in their final year will simply see how the season goes. A good season may persuade them to stay but, as free agents,  signing on fees at a new club will be a big temptation. None of them will be renewing before the end of the season - why would they? they hold all the cards.

If you have a nice car you don't wait until things go wrong before taking it to the garage - you get it serviced regularly and ensure it is in good condition - always keep an eye on the future. Venky's are running Rovers like it is an old banger on it's last legs. But we all know that - the contract situation is just another symptom.

Most of the contracts that have been run down have been players we haven't wanted to keep and couldn't sell them because of the deals they were on here.

All the players we signed after relegation from the premier League, and Mowbray handed out new contracts like sweets when we got promoted from League one to ageing and substandard players.

Can only think of Mahoney in recent times that I was gutted at losing on a free and he hasn't done too well since leaving here.King before him but again he wasn't a regular in the side.

Edited by islander200

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Easier said than done.Have you seen many permanent deals done in the championship.If Obafemi Is the best option available and he hasn't said no then we should not be walking away.You were saying all summer we wouldn't be bringing in permanent signings even with Armstrong sold, and Mowbray himself up until Armstrong was nearly out the door didn't know if he would be able to spend any of that money.

I know you see to want Healy brought in but again he is 6 years older than Obafemi and up to this point his goals have come in league one and the French second division.

We been chasing him for him weeks now and talks have stalled. From what we know no talks between the player and Mowbray after weeks of talks. He has had plenty of time now and if it's a yes then great but we can't be waiting for ages still..

I want a striker in whether Obafemi or Healey or anymore we want, 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We been chasing him for him weeks now and talks have stalled. From what we know no talks between the player and Mowbray after weeks of talks. He has had plenty of time now and if it's a yes then great but we can't be waiting for ages still..

I want a striker in whether Obafemi or Healey or anymore we want, 

He has not joined another club.Once we have a striker in by deadline day I am not bothered if they miss the Boro game if the right player is brought in, and in my opinion out of all the players linked I feel Obafemi is the best of them.

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely pathetic from Mowbray.

I don't like Mowbray, but why is this absolutely pathetic from him? Clearly the player either isn't very interested or wants more than the club are willing to pay him.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He has not joined another club.Once we have a striker in by deadline day I am not bothered if they miss the Boro game if the right player is brought in, and in my opinion out of all the players linked I feel Obafemi is the best of them.

And Mowbray has said he ain't coming here. So many wasted days and weeks on a player he never had talks face to face. 

We should have moved on after last Friday. He had enough to decide for me. 

• Moderation Lead

Mowbray is to blame for a lot of things, but it seems very harsh to blame him for a player not fancying a move here, when by his own admission, he hasn’t even spoken to him!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And Mowbray has said he ain't coming here. So many wasted days and weeks on a player he never had talks face to face. 

What makes you assume we didn't move on before now? Just because it only just hit the press doesn't mean we didn't move on a while ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many times have you posted this, like a scratched record repeat, repeat, repeat

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Was Mowbray actually after him, he said last week he hadn't spoken to the player, so utter BS again from Mowbray, agree a deal two weeks ago and dont speak to the player when a transfer is agreed, the guy is getting worse than the liar Kean, and that takes some doing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not coming now

W

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Disappointing but surely the club will have been sounding out other clubs and players anyway?Well that's what most normal clubs would do.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What makes you assume we didn't move on before now? Just because it only just hit the press doesn't mean we didn't move on a while ago.

We know Mowbray has the habit keep pursing targets like Gallagher for example.

Let's see who we target now?

4 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Was Mowbray actually after him, he said last week he hadn't spoken to the player, so utter BS again from Mowbray, agree a deal two weeks ago and dont speak to the player when a transfer is agreed, the guy is getting worse than the liar Kean, and that takes some doing.

Exactly, makes no sense at all.

55 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

8 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Do ye even understand how transfers work? 

You can agree a fee, but the players still has to decide, hence why Mowbray hadn't spoken to him. 

• Like 3

Disappointing that we could land Obafemi but it seemed unlikely from the off. 

Even with our shambles of a set up you would expect we have been looking at other targets just incase.

Feels like any business won't get done until deadline day. 

Edited by davulsukur

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do ye even understand how transfers work? 

You can agree a fee, but the players still has to decide, hence why Mowbray hadn't spoken to him. 

How can the player make an informed decision about coming here if the manager can't even be arsed speaking to him?

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

So you’d prefer Mowbray to explain our transfer strategy in every interview? Of course he’s not going to state exactly where the deals are at. Also, the clubs can agree a fee but if the player doesn’t want to discuss terms with us, what are we meant to do. Be reasonable.