BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

No new season ticket through yet. I suppose we have 3-4 days left but I would have expected it by now. I certainly won't be happy if they ask us to go and queue up for a paper ticket before the game on Saturday.

I went to the u23s game at Ewood last night. Fair play to the club they made it free admission to all (although I wonder how much of that was down to the issues above with no new season tickets produced yet).

There were loads of kids and youths, some with parents, some on their own.

Now I would have expected Rovers to use the opportunity of having a healthy crowd on to push season tickets, match tickets or memberships. Perhaps put adverts up on the big screen during the game, announcements at half time as to prices. The new kits being advertised. I'd have put the stewards to use and instead of having them stood around staring at people give them leaflets to hand out to everyone there with prices and promotions for tickets.

Get the game on Saturday advertised (yes the prices are outrageous but at least try to sell some tickets).

Yet (unless I'm deaf and blind) the big screen was switched off and the tannoy barely audible with a few songs playing at half time.

Complete amateur hour. Someone there just for the free game last night wouldn't even know there was a match at Ewood this Saturday.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No new season ticket through yet. I suppose we have 3-4 days left but I would have expected it by now. I certainly won't be happy if they ask us to go and queue up for a paper ticket before the game on Saturday.

I went to the u23s game at Ewood last night. Fair play to the club they made it free admission to all (although I wonder how much of that was down to the issues above with no new season tickets produced yet).

Now I would have expected Rovers to use the opportunity of having a healthy crowd on to push season tickets, match tickets or memberships. Perhaps put adverts up on the big screen during the game, announcements at half time as to prices. The new kits being advertised. I'd have put the stewards to use and instead of having them stood around staring at people give them leaflets to hand out to everyone there with prices and promotions for tickets.

Get the game on Saturday advertised (yes the prices are outrageous but at least try to sell some tickets).

Yet (unless I'm deaf and blind) the big screen was switched off and the tannoy barely audible with a few songs playing at half time.

Complete amateur hour. Someone there just for the free game last night wouldn't even know there was a match at Ewood this Saturday.

To be fair, the youths near me spent most of the time horsing around, making comments about each other's sisters and loudly exclaiming they were off to McDonalds several times during the game. I'm fairly certain of a group of 20-odd, no more than half a dozen were genuinely interested in the game. The rest were there because that's where the group was meeting. No way were they going to start buying tickets let alone season tickets.

I actually didn't see any stewards at all. They certainly weren't there to stop the homophobic abuse loudly shouted by said youths at the Everton team/ref.

The tannoy was an absolute joke and I couldn't make out anything said, either last night or against Morecambe. The Fans' Forum mentioned the Riverside but the Jack Walker lower is just as bad.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Amateur hour is right. Today, we’ve received a ST card for one of the three I renewed over the phone at the same time.

I disagree about the marketing suggestion though. Good money after bad, as the new pricing strategy has doomed us to close to ST holder numbers at the ‘biggest’ home games this season.

Mind you, there aren’t even any glamour ties to bring people in this season. PNE and Blackpool are about the only interesting games and purely for local reasons. (Aside from the fact that Mowbray doesn’t seem to care about local derby games).

Waggott’s strategy of seemingly holding fans hostage to STs, with the threat of increased walk-on prices, was as stupid as it was crass. The only surprise was that they didn’t market the removal of the Waggott Tax™️ at the same time.

“How to destroy a football club in 10 easy steps”, eh? Any one of several ex and/or current Rovers incumbents could write that book!

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

Anybody got their new season ticket yet.

Good point hadn't even thought about it.

I requested a new card and haven't had it yet.

No surprise, we've seen already this administration are completely incapable of getting anything done on time.

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good point hadn't even thought about it.

I requested a new card and haven't had it yet.

No surprise, we've seen already this administration are completely incapable of getting anything done on time.

New season ticket arrived this morning's post (Darwen) however the new one does not have the gold chip or the contactless payment sign, i rang the ticket office and they said that the new ones dont have the gold chip although contactless will still work ?? , anyhow i'll take both cards on saturday just in case.

Edited by EgyptianPete

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah, mine did indeed arrive today.

You get a ten quid off voucher for Peter Jackson jewellers in the envelope. They must be the longest standing sponsor left by some margin. About the only one Waggott hasn’t driven away.

8 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

My daughters has arrived mine hasn't ticket office said they did the kids first expect adults to arrive tomorrow, that said @Miller11ticket has arrived

8 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Sons ST Card arrived today.

12 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

New season ticket arrived this morning's post (Darwen) however the new one does not have the gold chip or the contactless payment sign, i rang the ticket office and they said that the new ones dont have the gold chip although contactless will still work ?? , anyhow i'll take both cards on saturday just in case.

Did any of you change seats/need a replacement? I havent changed seats and I have my old card which I used v Swansea but I am wondering if I should expect a new ticket this week.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did any of you change seats/need a replacement? I havent changed seats and I have my old card which I used v Swansea but I am wondering if I should expect a new ticket this week.

My brother got a new card after not renewing last year. I needed a new one. 
I’m not 100% sure, but I think if yours worked for the Swansea game they’ll just leave it active

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mine arrived yesterday and I've got the same seat as last year (if you count it as a seat)

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I didn’t use mine against Swansea, as they’d sent me a paper ticket.

I didn’t renew last season, but I’ve got my card from the season before, but I think that was for a different seat….

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I didn't change seats but got sent the new card, but just in case i'm taking last seasons card as well on Saturday.

• Like 1

My granddaughters card has just been delivered with a covering letter signed by 'Ticket Office'. Surely they could have put Waggotts signature on it as the Chief Executive of the club to show gratitude for actually buying one. It's the little things that matter and things like that irritate me.

FOW