BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well no I don't think we certainly will get 2nd place.We are 4 points behind to a team who has played 2 more games than us.

But if it isn't to be Bournemouth (who have been scabbing wins and have a really hard run in) then no other team is really standing out Boro been on a good run but lost at Bristol the weekend.Losing Brererton a massive loss but our frequently fixtures are kind following Fulham.

I would place that bet no question on us finishing in the top 6 though

I’d say it’s 50/50 wether we stay in the play off zone. If we do miss out I wouldn’t be surprised.

A draw would be good tomorrow just to keep us ticking over a little, a defeat and we really do start worrying about dropping out of the top 6. Regardless of our easier finish to the season. 
Draw away and win at home and you won’t be far away. I’d take a Draw tomorrow and Win on Saturday all day every day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d say it’s 50/50 wether we stay in the play off zone. If we do miss out I wouldn’t be surprised.

The table just makes for uneasy viewing compared to where we were at just a few weeks ago. We’ll have just a two point gap on 7th if we lose tomorrow, and it was at 8+ very recently. We can’t keep thinking we’ll pick up after Fulham as that’s still 3 matches away and our morale would be sunk in the mud. Point is the minimum we need tomorrow and we simply then have to beat QPR on Saturday.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

If we have serious intentions of promotion, we must beat Sheff Utd and QPR. 

I don't think we have the manager to do that. I think we have the squad, though, apart from a good (extra) striker.

34 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Ffs both qpr and huddersfield with last minute winners again!! We miss a pen and concede q last min winner. So so frustrating 

QPR must have won 10+ points with 85+ minute winners. The mark of a good manager and great mentality amongst the group.

We only ever concede late winners. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Ffs both qpr and huddersfield with last minute winners again!! We miss a pen and concede q last min winner. So so frustrating 

That's what teams pushing for promotion do, find a way to win when the odds are against you or down to 10 men etc. Respect to anyone who does that.......... we talk a good game about character etc, about time we started showing it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

QPR must have won 10+ points with 85+ minute winners. The mark of a good manager and great mentality amongst the group.

We only ever concede late winners. 

Similar to the obsession about specific runs of form, that point is disproportionate to the fact that the difference between the teams is 2 points. You say the "sign of a good manager" but would that not also mean that presumably, we have earnt 8 more points than QPR within the first 85 minutes which reflects well on Mowbray?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Similar stuff going on down Deepdale way as here...rich owner dies, family can't wait to sell to anyone that shows them some coin....be very worried nobbers.  I can't see what the attraction is..apart from the land

That would be great. All the teams that have laughed at our Venky plight need a good old dose of shit owners and opportunistic snakes.

• Like 2