BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Overall another solid set of results for us today. Fulham lose, Boro lose, WBA lose (now overtaken by Luton & Coventry), QPR drop points. Sheff Utd picked up a win but can't expect every single result to go our way. 

Surely we need to forget Fulham. Lost today but they’re ten clear with a game in hand. Far too much quality to let anything slip. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely we need to forget Fulham. Lost today but they’re ten clear with a game in hand. Far too much quality to let anything slip. 

Probably, but no harm in looking up rather than looking down. The Championship is a strange league! With that said I expect Fulham's result today will be a blip rather than the start of a TM-style death spiral.

Well, football never ceases to amaze me. Just heard on the radio (Lancs) that Reading have sacked their manager despite winning at Dumpdale today. His replacement?.............

Wait for it.....

..........Paul Ince!!!

I kid you not! 😆. That's them completely fucked!

Edit: Trust Chaddy to just pip me to the Reading news. Missed the Ince bit though! 😉

Edited by windymiller7

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

WTF. Hasn't he been out of management since 2014? Where did that come from?

They must really want to get relegated.

God knows!

Just checked on their website & yeah, it's true, although it does say on an interim basis. 

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/19/club-statement---royals-part-company-with-veljko-paunovi--by-mutual-consent/

West Brom losing again puts into perspective our lamentable failure to win at the Hawthorns on Monday. Albion were so bang average it's hard to believe they've been so high up in the league for most of the season. Monday was a case of 2 points lost for Rovers rather than a point gained

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

West Brom losing again puts into perspective our lamentable failure to win at the Hawthorns on Monday. Albion were so bang average it's hard to believe they've been so high up in the league for most of the season. Monday was a case of 2 points lost for Rovers rather than a point gained

Swansea, who recently beat us with ten men got dicked  4-0 today.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Everybody that's not seen us this season and has watched our recent performances on SKY must be wondering how the hell we got to 2nd in the table.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Rooney has done enough now to ensure his next job will be a premier league one, not solely on merit but that along with his playing career will make sure of it 

Same Rooney who's wife came out and basically said he's a man-child and needs a full-time minder?

No thanks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can't agree. If we have ambition we don't rule anyone in or out of the race.

Still need to be getting 2 points a game from now until May which we are well off at present so doesn't really matter either way.

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Overall another solid set of results for us today. Fulham lose, Boro lose, WBA lose (now overtaken by Luton & Coventry), QPR drop points. Sheff Utd picked up a win but can't expect every single result to go our way. 

Tbh I rather think we're at the state of play that we want fulham to be beating the sides around us not the other way round. Write them off and battle for 2nd

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Same Rooney who's wife came out and basically said he's a man-child and needs a full-time minder?

No thanks. 

If he wins football matches, I don’t care what his wife says about what he does off the pitch, I’ll be honest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You never know but it's better they have something to play for as long as possible, they won't win/go up by beating us but when it comes to playing some of the other teams in the playoffs and Bournemouth in April it would be better if they still needed points to clinch the title/promotion

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Tbh I rather think we're at the state of play that we want fulham to be beating the sides around us not the other way round. Write them off and battle for 2nd

As good a season as Huddersfield are having I don't think they will be in the playoffs at season end.

Then again I did think they would struggle this season so what do I know 

Still in disbelief that Reading has appointed Paul Ince as Interim manager. Would be interesting to know how they reach this appointment and will he get the job permanent if he does well there. Or are they waiting Kia Joorabchian to find them a manager/head coach suitable? 

Couldn't think of worst appointment tbh

• Like 4