BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

so this Walter Mitty lying fat twoat reckons shirt sales have broken records. 

here's a challenge waggot. I'd wager me leaving you alone and venkyscum over you quitting on the history that our premier league winning season sold more shirts than on Fridays "record sales"

Probably the wrong thread (perhaps a thread should be started on people leaving) but I have been told Fraser Read is leaving. For the uninitiated his job title is Head of Consumer. He might be remembered by some for the Digital Day fiasco.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Probably the wrong thread (perhaps a thread should be started on people leaving) but I have been told Fraser Read is leaving. For the uninitiated his job title is Head of Consumer. He might be remembered by some for the Digital Day fiasco.

Mike Graham will be gutted, didnt he say Fraser Read was "a credit to the Club" and we were "lucky to have him" ?

We have so many "Heads" of different things I'm not sure if anyone individually can possibly be left with very much to do.

We'll have a head of handing the pencils out and making sure they're safely returned at the end of the day soon.

Not bad for a Club that seemingly can't afford to sign any players

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Jamie Stoddart has taken over as Commercial sales manager Jamie Stoddart | LinkedIn

Question - why are Rovers’ pre-season friendlies so uninspiring?

Bolton & Preston are both playing Italian giants, Serie A 8th place finishers & Europa Conference League Finalists Fiorentina at home.

Rovers are playing League One Wigan & Stockport away. 

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Bolton & Preston are both playing Italian giants, Serie A 8th place finishers & Europa Conference League Finalists Fiorentina at home.

IMG_5666.jpeg

We might not even be doing that if the Stockport game is cancelled due to the League Cup game. Don't forget Tranmere behind closed doors and Morecambe on the Friday night!

I think the Stockport game will go ahead because we're incapable of getting anyone else to play at this notice.

If it's cancelled then that would leave two weeks in pre season with out a game.

54 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

IMG_5666.jpeg

I have it in the back of my mind from the PL days that the more glamorous Clubs charge a fee for their attendance at friendlies. I may be imagining that though.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have it in the back of my mind from the PL days that the more glamorous Clubs charge a fee for their attendance at friendlies. I may be imagining that though.

You are correct. Tom Finn told me that after a friendly against Chievo. He said we would lose money as there was a circa 5k gate and we had to pay Chievo for their appearance.

• Like 3

I would have like to play Salford City this pre season. Its a ground I haven't visited yet. I would have like to have play Blackpool aswell. 

Its look like we won't play a home friendly before the season starts

Edited by chaddyrovers

Every pre season should have at least one 'glamour' tie. That might be a home game against PL opposition such as Liverpool or Everton like we had a few years ago, or might be a foreign side as we've had in the past to add some intrigue and interest.

I suppose this summer we've got the Austria fixture v Nuremberg (2nd division opposition) but unless you are very keen you won't be going to that, so those in the UK will have to make do with Stanley, Morecambe, Wigan and Stockport, of which one might yet get cancelled and I'm sure that one of Morecambe or Wigan will be the youth team. Not exactly thrilling.

A quick glance around what our peers are doing. QPR host Spurs and Brighton, Hull play Newcastle, Leeds play Valencia, Sunderland play Forest, Sheff Wed play Werder Bremen and RB Salzburg, PNE play Everton, West Brom play Mallorca, Swansea play Wolves and Stade Rennais, Cardiff play Hamburg and Hertha Berlin, Millwall play Murcia, Norwich play Club Brugge, Standard Liege, Hoffenheim and St Pauli, Coventry play Werder Bremen and Getafe

So there's plenty of options but now never seems to be the right time here, always late in getting things sorted out

Just now, rigger said:

Is that just on this occasion, or at any time ?

One of the two at work is pretty clued up. He would normally do pre-season friendlies, even abroad, and he has no idea.

The other one hardly talks football to me except every now and again blubs "Not fair, you should have given us the whole Darwen End" 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Men like Steve Waggott are symptoms of careless ownership

He would not be allowed to get away with what he has if the owners had more than a fleeting glance at their Blackburn based enterprise once every 12 months

When you look back at his time here, it has been failure after failure, with the most successful period being when he lost some semblance of control...

The training ground development will go down as a failure on his part. Completely under estimated the mood of the fan base and the local residents of Brockhall

The car crash interview around JDT and the coach - that's a low point, even under this lot

The transfer 'errors', the stadiums' disrepair, the declining STs... all under his watch

What is worse, is the man is paid handsomely for his time here. So he won't give a crap. He will continue to share a brew and biccy with the odd fan here and there whilst picking up 6 figures to basically be the fall guy of a declining business. Soon he will retire and never think of Blackburn or Rovers again. Someone else will have to pick up the pieces. It's criminal, really

Unless Venkys leave first, there’s no guarantee the next CEO won’t be even worse.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Unless Venkys leave first, there’s no guarantee the next CEO won’t be even worse.

I know what you're saying but blimey, that'd be a stretch.

Bit like saying "Who could we possibly get who is better than Mowbray?" * **

(Magnified by 1000.)

*The next guy in

** And probably the one after that

• Like 1