BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Did Waggott communicate about this???

Excellent post in the context of recent meetings.

You’ll never reason with this lot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

New sponsor set to be confirmed as whoever is jetwashing the Blackburn End probably, few squirts to cover sponsorship for the season, Steve the businessman. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Waggott tried to get the jetwashing done in return for free sponsorship etc. rather than payment. I suspect he is the type who would try every trick in the book to avoid actually paying up.

With this embarrassing news and the jetwashing starting in earnest both just a few days before we host Derby, and apparently no news on Rovers TV subscriptions either, it would appear that the Club is only just getting its arse into gear ahead of the new season. What the hell they have been doing since May is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

Embarrassing, yes.

Surprised? Absolutely not.

This is modern-day Rovers, run by people who just don't care any more.

Edited by Andy

This is exactly why we are down to 4,000 adult season ticket renewals.

People are firmly voting with their feet.

It’s disgusting what has gone here and I hope Waggott gets it both barrels for another shocking decision 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

how old is waggot???he looks about retirement age to me,time for the fans to push him over the edge

Watch him call it a day just as the crap is about to hit the fan. I'm expecting him to announce his retirement at some point during the season. Then whatever comes next season will be for somebody else to think about.

I don't think it will take much to push him out. He was rattled by a few chants last season. We could do with those who are bowled over by the corporate experience waking the f"#! up though. No doubt there are a few like that telling him how wonderful he is, how he's doing his best, how they back him and that the 'spoilt fans' who don't are the issue.

The lounge experience and ego stroking from bullshitters means eff all to me. We need our club back and back where it belongs at that.

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

IMG_2412.jpeg

Only just seen this. Absolutely vile way to treat such a longstanding loyal Sponsor/ROVERS FAN. 

As ridiculous as his man of the match choices usually are😄 this is just pathetic, they really have sunk to yet another new low!! 

I hope whoever the new sponsor is gets an enormous boo when they announce the next motm. 

But you just know that the majortity of the regular match going sheep will be oblivious or impartial at best. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have written to Waggott about this shameful, shoddy way they have treated Peter Jackson, a name that has been synonymous with Rovers for decades. I don't expect a reply.

It is with real despondency that I write this as I have read the article from Peter Jackson about how, four days before the season starts his company have been dropped as Man of the Match sponsor after 35 years excellent service to a so far unnamed company who are paying a 'significant sum more' than they are. I sincerely hope the local media pick up on this and call you out.
It really is a shameful way to treat a long standing sponsor but I shouldn't be surprised. The way supporters have been treated since the errant owners bought my club is also shameful and you are part of this. I look forward to the day when they and the likes of you and your cohorts are no longer involved in my club and our good name can be restored.
You and the others involved should hang your heads in shame.

Give em both barrels arbitro.

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have written to Waggott about this shameful, shoddy way they have treated Peter Jackson, a name that has been synonymous with Rovers for decades. I don't expect a reply.

It is with real despondency that I write this as I have read the article from Peter Jackson about how, four days before the season starts his company have been dropped as Man of the Match sponsor after 35 years excellent service to a so far unnamed company who are paying a 'significant sum more' than they are. I sincerely hope the local media pick up on this and call you out.
It really is a shameful way to treat a long standing sponsor but I shouldn't be surprised. The way supporters have been treated since the errant owners bought my club is also shameful and you are part of this. I look forward to the day when they and the likes of you and your cohorts are no longer involved in my club and our good name can be restored.

Chuffin' well said.

Can we do a sweepstake as to which company Waggott has found to pay a 'significant sum more' for the Man of the Match sponsorship?

Even if they are paying more than Peter Jackson I'm going with some unheard of company that makes its money in gambling/vaping etc. or has only been in existence a few years/months rather than having the immediately recognised name and local footprint of Peter Jackson

Personally I'd reward Jackson's loyalty over 35 years by allowing him to keep the sponsorship even if that meant paying slightly less than such a company, particularly as I bet we are now going to face an annual challenge of finding a new sponsor when the new lot realise it isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can we do a sweepstake as to which company Waggott has found to pay a 'significant sum more' for the Man of the Match sponsorship?

Even if they are paying more than Peter Jackson I'm going with some unheard of company that makes its money in gambling/vaping etc. or has only been in existence a few years/months rather than having the immediately recognised name and local footprint of Peter Jackson

Personally I'd reward Jackson's loyalty over 35 years by allowing him to keep the sponsorship even if that meant paying slightly less than such a company, particularly as I bet we are now going to face an annual challenge of finding a new sponsor when the new lot realise it isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was Totally Wicked. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Loud and proud on TV.."Stevie Waggott, get out of our club!"

Personally, though, I think this chant is a little too polite...

The word Stevie makes it sound friendly, it should be along the lines of "You arsehole Waggot, get out of our club.

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Wonga.com

No mine has a connotation that would appeal to the young 'uns. Can you imagine tomorrow night when the PA says 'The Totally Wicked man of the match is......'

😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Well said Tony.

Hopefully he will be gone soon, as predicted by some.

The sooner the better.