BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

He is there to protect the Punekarsand the gullible ones will fall for it. If Sheikh (or whatever he is called) is the COO why was he not doing the interview. I find it interesting that there have been many, many changes behind the scenes but Waggott remains. Coincidence? In my view that tells you everything you need to know about him.

Waggott the slippery snake.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A 26 minute interview, of course hosted by in-house media team to ensure that all questions are acceptable for Steve.

Starts off by reminding everyone that the player he is desperately trying to sell (If we wanted him to stay he would at least be training at Brockhall) who saved our skins at Leicester to avoid us hurtling into the third division. 'We all want to play at the top level' except Steve and his bosses who torpedoed our two only realistic opportunities by derailing us in January 2022 and January 2023.

Recognises the need to issue an apology after the chaos of last season yet seems to absolve himself or the Indians of any responsibility for that chaos, instead referring to the 're-structure' of course implicitly blaming what happened on the previous structure and set up including now departed staff.

'A decision was made to change the head coach' - pull the other one. JDT was desperate to get out weeks before eventually doing so.

Top half and pushing for play-offs now the aim when last year he was happy to survive - bizarre shift in expectations considering what they've done since last year.

Has he broken with tradition and has claimed that Suhail is now Chief Operations Officer? I've seen no reference to this in any club announcement or on the website.

A transfer fund there 'on request' from the owners yet we are 24 hours off the start of the season and haven't spent a penny of that fund, using income brought in from selling players...

Music to Chaddy ears that when we sell a player we don't get all the cash up front in one payment to play with. Of course no recognition that when we buy a player (rare I know) that we don't pay for them in one hit either.

Claims that the Indian restrictions are not causing any problems with the owners funding of the club yet that simply doesn't stack up with what has unfolded over the last couple of years with clear budget cuts and self-funding required.

The rest just a total rehash of his interviews from 2,3,4 years ago. Some whinging about costs and the need to increase income (7 years into his tenure)

The usual line about spending on routine maintenance e.g. cleaning the stadium being 'investment' - it isn't.

Couldn't resist a segment about the Adam Wharton development and eventual sale. Not because there's any embarrassment about the figure we got or the nature of his departure, or any recognition that this money should be coming back into the squad, but I suspect just to attempt to claim some credit for his emergence and vindicate his operation. Everything going swimmingly well and to plan.

A man who moves his eyes and tongue so much when answering questions and fidgets in his seat when facing questions I don't find reassuring or trustworthy.

A charlatan, a pretender, an imposter, who should and wouldn't be anywhere near running a club of this stature were it not for his popularity with the worst owners in football history and their complete and utter indifference to its performance.

It wasn't easy to get through without throwing my laptop out of my window but I managed it, think I'll stay off Facebook and Twitter for a few days as no doubt dozens of acolytes heaping praise on him for his 'honesty' and speaking out and everything being hunky dory.

For the sake of all BRFCS members welfare, I recommend reading this and not subjecting yourself to that man. All important points are covered above.

• Like 6

Watched without any sound.

‘Count the spoons’ was my first thought.
The body language screams economical with the truth.
Then managed a minute with the sound.

Singing for his supper but the song and tune has all been heard before, polishing a turd for the Rao’s.

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Admin anyone able to let me know how to permanently hide someone's post so I never have to see them again? 

Cheers.

Go to my account, click on ignored users, add posters name 

bish bash bosh, job done. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Read the room. 

Oh you did! And you thought as usual it would be a good opportunity for you to further antagonise. 

Maybe someone should point out that a fully stictched and renovated pitch wouldn’t need so much seed if it is that expensive…

What a cock! Of all the costs related to maintaining sport surfaces/facilities - grass seed is a piss in the ocean. 

Deliberate trolling of the fans imo

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott says that Suhail Pasha has become COO of the club and overseeing commercial operations. 

He mentions that there is funds available for transfers and he has to asked the owners for the money. 

Also mentioned that 10k was the target for the ST sales and that include 18 games ST's, half season ticket sales and other ticket promos. 

Also mentioned that top half finish is the target and that there is possible marketing and commercial opportunities in the Far East with us signing Yuki Ohashi 

mentioned that the clean Ewood Park after some fans concerns about it and our groundsman says its the best Ewood Park pitch during his 42 years here. 

7 million in funds incoming then

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

with the transfer window surely that should be reserve until we see who we sign in the next 21 days of the window left

WUM post of the history of the web

• Like 3

That's quite some achievement by Waggott tbf, 26 minutes or so of talking without actually revealing anything of any real interest that wasn't already known.

That'll be it now for another year too, his 'communication' duties.

Honestly he must think everyone's simple.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The decision to make Suhail as head of commercial is bizarre.

Waggott is a slimeball but at least people know who he is, they know his face and he is contactable. Suhail hides in the shadows.

If you actually listened to the interview, Suhail Pasha is COO and its been on the staff section for a number of weeks now. Waggott said that Pasha is overseeing the Commercial operation. whilst Yasir Sufi is commercial and partnership manager whilst we replace Fraser Reed as head of Consumer. 

15 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

7 million in funds incoming then

hopefully we invested some of the Szmodics money if he leaves

13 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

WUM post of the history of the web

Boring Abbey. SSDD

• Downvote 6

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you actually listened to the interview, Suhail Pasha is COO and its been on the staff section for a number of weeks now. Waggott said that Pasha is overseeing the Commercial operation. whilst Yasir Sufi is commercial and partnership manager whilst we replace Fraser Reed as head of Consumer. 

hopefully we invested some of the Szmodics money if he leaves

Boring Abbey. SSDD

th-3794031131.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

A 26 minute interview, of course hosted by in-house media team to ensure that all questions are acceptable for Steve.

Rovers need to used the club's media channels to communcate to the fans much more as the We Are The Rovers has said to them. 

'A decision was made to change the head coach' - pull the other one. JDT was desperate to get out weeks before eventually doing so.

JDT wanted out since the summer cos of budget cuts back and the change of the project to what he signed on for. 

Has he broken with tradition and has claimed that Suhail is now Chief Operations Officer? I've seen no reference to this in any club announcement or on the website.

Its been on the club website for around 2 months now and I commented on it 16th of June about it. Here the link ❚❚ The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit) - Page 165 - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

Couldn't resist a segment about the Adam Wharton development and eventual sale. Not because there's any embarrassment about the figure we got or the nature of his departure, or any recognition that this money should be coming back into the squad, but I suspect just to attempt to claim some credit for his emergence and vindicate his operation. 

We got £18m plus £4.5m in add ons plus a sell on fee so we will get around £30m in total for him. Did you honestly think we would have got more? Plus also the reason why his price has gone up so much is cos how he has actually played at PL level. 

• Downvote 6