BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

th-3794031131.jpg

no one has said everything is ok tho have we Abbey. We asked the club to improve the communications with the fans and Miller11 did say he expected Waggott to do an interview this week. So we got what we wanted. You might not want that Abbey and that's fine, no problem. 

I wanted Rovers to do well this season and finish mid table and improve on last season. I think we got a good head coach and someone who can improve the club season on season

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you actually listened to the interview, Suhail Pasha is COO and its been on the staff section for a number of weeks now. Waggott said that Pasha is overseeing the Commercial operation. whilst Yasir Sufi is commercial and partnership manager whilst we replace Fraser Reed as head of Consumer. 

hopefully we invested some of the Szmodics money if he leaves

Boring Abbey. SSDD

Yes, a faceless behind the scenes snake in charge of commercial. I stand by my point.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to used the club's media channels to communcate to the fans much more as the We Are The Rovers has said to them. 

JDT wanted out since the summer cos of budget cuts back and the change of the project to what he signed on for. 

Its been on the club website for around 2 months now and I commented on it 16th of June about it. Here the link ❚❚ The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit) - Page 165 - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

We got £18m plus £4.5m in add ons plus a sell on fee so we will get around £30m in total for him. Did you honestly think we would have got more? Plus also the reason why his price has gone up so much is cos how he has actually played at PL level. 

We would have got more had we not been in such a desperate need for money.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That interview with Waggott was obviously an utter waste of time, the interviewer spoon fed him the answer most of the time with the way he phrased the questions and as others have said Waggott must think people are completely thick, or most likely by this point, doesn't care.

The most annoying thing was the "woe is me" comment about how we're not sitting on a huge pile of cash because outgoing transfer fees are paid in installments.

Which obviously matters not one jot as incoming transfers are paid for in exactly the same way.

We're obviously also still operating in that parallel universe as well whereby the £23m or so (headline fees) for Raya and Wharton were never received. According to him the owners are still funding the Club despite the financial issues, so that being the case, why isn't that money available?

It was a hard listen. Sooner he's gone the better.

Hes just arse licking as he always does to maintain his job. The money is not clearly forthcoming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

He did the exact same interview the day before last season started, but now we’re supposed to be impressed with club comms?

Just as uninformative but he's obviously taken note of all the flack he got last year and stopped short of making major multiple faux pas's like saying it was time to give the owners something back, that the target is survival, and lying about acquiring a new team bus which was in fact leased.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, a faceless behind the scenes snake in charge of commercial. I stand by my point.

He has met the WATR people last week and the WATR said what was discussed and future. Plus he has said he will attend more fans meetings in the future. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We would have got more had we not been in such a desperate need for money.

We stand to get in total £30m for him which is fair deal and his stock has gone up cos of his PL performances. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Downvote 1

Can someone explain the difference between a Chief Executive Officer and a Chief Operations Officer ?

Surely one and the same and what is the annual salary of the latter ?  

3 hours ago, imy9 said:

I’m infuriated by this interview.

i am usually calm about most things but does he think that we, the fans are thick?

So apparently we don’t get all the money for transfers in one go… does this not work the other way to Steve? 

Basic maths, Wharton 18 million, Raya 5 million, Ashley 2 million, Kaminski 2.5, Gally 1 million- I have tried to give the lowest amounts, that’s circa 28 million income. Also two of those were our highest earners in Gally and Kaminski.

we have signed two strikers for max 1.5 million and everyone else is wages on top. I have ignored our goalie as we recouped all the money.

So please Steve where has the 26 million gone? The owners have not funded us this season- the sales have kept us going. Also our wages have gone up… how??? We have signed players on low wages and gotten rid of the high earners! Unless this is a massive ploy before we sign a glut of players… 2 or 3 he says!!! A goalie, a left sided player and a forward. No midfield? No striker? This is an infuriating interview and I stopped 13 mins in.

waggott out, Venky’s out

I’ve just watched it, in full and it is just nauseating. The tame questions allowing him to spin total crap, does he really think we will believe that wages costs have risen when all the big earners have been cleared out ! I am just looking to the day when someone, somewhere, from whatever publication or body asks the proper questions that need answering starting off with ‘what has improved in 14 years of this ownership’ and compare / contrast the condition of BRFC pre and post Venkys. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has met the WATR people last week and the WATR said what was discussed and future. Plus he has said he will attend more fans meetings in the future. 

We stand to get in total £30m for him which is fair deal and his stock has gone up cos of his PL performances. 

Thats nice of him.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He is there to protect the Punekarsand the gullible ones will fall for it. If Sheikh (or whatever he is called) is the COO why was he not doing the interview. I find it interesting that there have been many, many changes behind the scenes but Waggott remains. Coincidence? In my view that tells you everything you need to know about him.

Waggott the slippery snake.

He is the CEO and the COO level reports into a CEO on operational matters. However, we know that isn’t the case at Ewood, Waggott is Suhail / owner’s patsy ! Even at 70, he seems happy to stay away all week from his family in Kent and pick up his easy £300k, whilst our once proud clubs continues to burn.

• Like 2

Has Waggott ever managed to get a player to extend his contract? We know how many valuable players were allowed to slide out of contract the last time he had responsibility for contractual negotiations. It's no surprise that no player would sign a contract put in front of them by that slippery lardarse. Now it's a case of rinse and repeat as the club is set to lose both Hyam and  Dolan for nothing at the end of the season.

• Like 3

I'm amazed by several folk commenting under the Waggot interview, totally taken in by his lies and bullshit, thinking he's doing the 'best he can under these owners'

Unbelievable....

Has the Chadster got an extended family out there?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I'm amazed by several folk commenting under the Waggot interview, totally taken in by his lies and bullshit, thinking he's doing the 'best he can under these owners'

Unbelievable....

Has the Chadster got an extended family out there?

He probably is, in terms of the remit hes given. Sole focus on making the owners who clearly arent supporting the club to look as good as possible.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to used the club's media channels to communcate to the fans much more as the We Are The Rovers has said to them. 

JDT wanted out since the summer cos of budget cuts back and the change of the project to what he signed on for. 

Its been on the club website for around 2 months now and I commented on it 16th of June about it. Here the link ❚❚ The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit) - Page 165 - Blackburn Rovers Fans Messageboard - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

We got £18m plus £4.5m in add ons plus a sell on fee so we will get around £30m in total for him. Did you honestly think we would have got more? Plus also the reason why his price has gone up so much is cos how he has actually played at PL level. 

Why can't they use a public forum such as through the Telegraph or Radio Lancashire rather than a cosy, probably significantly edited, interview with in-house media?

This is important of course because Yardley isn't going to apply serious pressure.

I think we are agreeing on JDT aren't we? He wanted out because he knew this setup was never going to get us anywhere. He realised after 2-3 disastrous transfer windows that the chuckle brothers are the problem and turned the spotlight on them. He was gone soon after. For slippery Steve to turn around 6 months later and claim that JDT was removed by the club because it was some sort of coherent decision to replace JDT is frankly an insult. 

An English 19 year old being approached by a PL club in mid-season (prices higher in January) who everyone knew was a special talent and was taking the Championship by storm in his first full season? £18 million derisory in my opinion. Palace are laughing their way to the bank, sell him tomorrow they'd get 3-4 times that.

I find it horrendous that Waggott is attempting to claim some form of credit for himself and the club for Adam's sale. Whilst the club (academy) and JDT and co. deserve credit for developing him and integrating him I can't abide the thought of Waggott scuttling off to India and claiming credit for that sale. 

• Like 2

As soon as I realised the interview was an inside job I knew it was going to be entirely toothless. Not to trivialise a truly horrendous and barbaric situation, but it’s a little bit like watching Putin address the nation on Russian State TV.  All this guff about the owners never refusing a transfer, what a load of shite. We already know they scuppered the Batth one last season, not to mention the very fishy O’Brien and Maguire fiascos.

I wonder if Jackson and the BBC will get a go like last season? Perhaps Andy Bayes might be able to probe him a bit further on some of the drivel he’s coming out with. 

• Like 3

The interview with that creature makes me feel sick. Some fans are loving it. I feel like I'm in a different world sometimes. Rovers fans are the softest and most deluded I've ever come across and it infuriates me. Some of the fans are to blame because they accept mediocrity. They are a disgrace. 

Did I hurt your feeling? Boo hoo

Edited by AAK
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why can't they use a public forum such as through the Telegraph or Radio Lancashire rather than a cosy, probably significantly edited, interview with in-house media?

This is important of course because Yardley isn't going to apply serious pressure.

We should being using our own communication channels to communicate to the fans. 

I think we are agreeing on JDT aren't we? He wanted out because he knew this setup was never going to get us anywhere. He realised after 2-3 disastrous transfer windows that the chuckle brothers are the problem and turned the spotlight on them. He was gone soon after. For slippery Steve to turn around 6 months later and claim that JDT was removed by the club because it was some sort of coherent decision to replace JDT is frankly an insult. 

JDT wanted out cos the project had changed. 

His time was up after that rant post QPR game and after the last day transfer fiasco with McGuire was JDT last straw, but he had been linked with the Sweden job which surprised me he took tbh. I expected to move to a club in Holland or Belgium. I guess that will be his next move after next World cup.  

An English 19 year old being approached by a PL club in mid-season (prices higher in January) who everyone knew was a special talent and was taking the Championship by storm in his first full season? £18 million derisory in my opinion. Palace are laughing their way to the bank, sell him tomorrow they'd get 3-4 times that.

that's why we have a sell on clause that will net us another £10 million plus which in total means we would get over £30 million pounds for him.