BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no one has said everything is ok tho have we Abbey. We asked the club to improve the communications with the fans and Miller11 did say he expected Waggott to do an interview this week. So we got what we wanted. You might not want that Abbey and that's fine, no problem. 

I wanted Rovers to do well this season and finish mid table and improve on last season. I think we got a good head coach and someone who can improve the club season on season

Improve communications? He did an almost identical interview at this point last year. Almost verbatim in parts where he seemingly expects credit for affording the price increase on grass seed and the insulting suggestion that the plebs (fans) don't realise that it costs money behind the scenes to run a football club.

Since then I don't recall him communicating with the general fanbase on a single occasion (a handful of Fans Forum/WATR appearances). He stayed silent when the club was crying out for answers, leadership and direction during the chaotic crisis months of December to May. He's been off on holiday, had a few months to let the dust settle and has timed his reappearance to coincide with the new season knowing full well this is the perfect time to capture goodwill and positivity from a large portion of the fanbase.

I'm convinced there is more to this COO role for Suhail than meets the eye and I am determined to unearth the truth behind it. It makes absolutely no sense on the surface to suddenly appoint him to this made-up position, they've done so on the quiet (failing to make any announcement other than a passing comment in today's interview). What is it all about? What does this silent shadowy individual bring to the party? How much is he taking out of the club? All very suspect especially when we all know that in practice he sits above them all in the chain of command. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should being using our own communication channels to communicate to the fans.  

But surely you understand that simply gives Waggott and Co a completely free ride? Zero accountability, just a controlled platform for them to peddle their unchallenged version of events. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AAK said:

The interview with that creature makes me feel sick. Some fans are loving it. I feel like I'm in a different world sometimes. Rovers fans are the softest and most deluded I've ever come across and it infuriates me. Some of the fans are to blame because they accept mediocrity. They are a disgrace. 

Did I hurt your feeling? Boo hoo

It's not a popular position to hold but I 100% agree with you here.

Acceptance of what has gone on makes you complicit.

I have never accepted anything this ownership has done as being good enough and I have never ever supported them in any way. They have never seen a penny of my money and never will.

It is up to the fans to demand better from them.

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why can't they use a public forum such as through the Telegraph or Radio Lancashire rather than a cosy, probably significantly edited, interview with in-house media?

This is important of course because Yardley isn't going to apply serious pressure.

I think we are agreeing on JDT aren't we? He wanted out because he knew this setup was never going to get us anywhere. He realised after 2-3 disastrous transfer windows that the chuckle brothers are the problem and turned the spotlight on them. He was gone soon after. For slippery Steve to turn around 6 months later and claim that JDT was removed by the club because it was some sort of coherent decision to replace JDT is frankly an insult. 

An English 19 year old being approached by a PL club in mid-season (prices higher in January) who everyone knew was a special talent and was taking the Championship by storm in his first full season? £18 million derisory in my opinion. Palace are laughing their way to the bank, sell him tomorrow they'd get 3-4 times that.

I find it horrendous that Waggott is attempting to claim some form of credit for himself and the club for Adam's sale. Whilst the club (academy) and JDT and co. deserve credit for developing him and integrating him I can't abide the thought of Waggott scuttling off to India and claiming credit for that sale. 

I'm more than happy to give him credit for selling Wharton off on the cheap as that was an absolutely disastrous decision and is representative of just how fucking useless and thick the guy is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Improve communications? He did an almost identical interview at this point last year. Almost verbatim in parts where he seemingly expects credit for affording the price increase on grass seed and the insulting suggestion that the plebs (fans) don't realise that it costs money behind the scenes to run a football club.

Since then I don't recall him communicating with the general fanbase on a single occasion (a handful of Fans Forum/WATR appearances). He stayed silent when the club was crying out for answers, leadership and direction during the chaotic crisis months of December to May. He's been off on holiday, had a few months to let the dust settle and has timed his reappearance to coincide with the new season knowing full well this is the perfect time to capture goodwill and positivity from a large portion of the fanbase.

That is why I have been in support of the actions of the WATR in getting the club to communicate much more and improve the comms to the fanbase. 

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm convinced there is more to this COO role for Suhail than meets the eye and I am determined to unearth the truth behind it. It makes absolutely no sense on the surface to suddenly appoint him to this made-up position, they've done so on the quiet (failing to make any announcement other than a passing comment in today's interview). What is it all about? What does this silent shadowy individual bring to the party? How much is he taking out of the club? All very suspect especially when we all know that in practice he sits above them all in the chain of command. 

I posted about this 2 months ago since it was the website on the staff. I provided your the link to my original post. 

I can't answered your questions you asked  

5 hours ago, B16Rover said:

Has he eaten a tub of peanut butter or something before this.  What's with the lip smacking/gurning? 

Something that has been seen numerous times over the last 14 years. Have a re-watch of the crocodile tear sky interview, the "we are confused" interview and any king rat interview from back then. They all exhibit the same. The latter displayed 'duper's delight' on many occasions, just as he had spouted the biggest load of crap ever before the press. It doesn't need a body language expert to tell us what we can already see. Which is why 'communication' from this lot is a waste of time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

A 26 minute interview, of course hosted by in-house media team to ensure that all questions are acceptable for Steve.

Starts off by reminding everyone that the player he is desperately trying to sell (If we wanted him to stay he would at least be training at Brockhall) who saved our skins at Leicester to avoid us hurtling into the third division. 'We all want to play at the top level' except Steve and his bosses who torpedoed our two only realistic opportunities by derailing us in January 2022 and January 2023.

Recognises the need to issue an apology after the chaos of last season yet seems to absolve himself or the Indians of any responsibility for that chaos, instead referring to the 're-structure' of course implicitly blaming what happened on the previous structure and set up including now departed staff.

'A decision was made to change the head coach' - pull the other one. JDT was desperate to get out weeks before eventually doing so.

Top half and pushing for play-offs now the aim when last year he was happy to survive - bizarre shift in expectations considering what they've done since last year.

Has he broken with tradition and has claimed that Suhail is now Chief Operations Officer? I've seen no reference to this in any club announcement or on the website.

A transfer fund there 'on request' from the owners yet we are 24 hours off the start of the season and haven't spent a penny of that fund, using income brought in from selling players...

Music to Chaddy ears that when we sell a player we don't get all the cash up front in one payment to play with. Of course no recognition that when we buy a player (rare I know) that we don't pay for them in one hit either.

Claims that the Indian restrictions are not causing any problems with the owners funding of the club yet that simply doesn't stack up with what has unfolded over the last couple of years with clear budget cuts and self-funding required.

The rest just a total rehash of his interviews from 2,3,4 years ago. Some whinging about costs and the need to increase income (7 years into his tenure)

The usual line about spending on routine maintenance e.g. cleaning the stadium being 'investment' - it isn't.

Couldn't resist a segment about the Adam Wharton development and eventual sale. Not because there's any embarrassment about the figure we got or the nature of his departure, or any recognition that this money should be coming back into the squad, but I suspect just to attempt to claim some credit for his emergence and vindicate his operation. Everything going swimmingly well and to plan.

A man who moves his eyes and tongue so much when answering questions and fidgets in his seat when facing questions I don't find reassuring or trustworthy.

A charlatan, a pretender, an imposter, who should and wouldn't be anywhere near running a club of this stature were it not for his popularity with the worst owners in football history and their complete and utter indifference to its performance.

It wasn't easy to get through without throwing my laptop out of my window but I managed it, think I'll stay off Facebook and Twitter for a few days as no doubt dozens of acolytes heaping praise on him for his 'honesty' and speaking out and everything being hunky dory.

Thank you for summarising the cunts lies.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.

May the shit eater rot in hell for all eternity.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, damo100 said:

I'm amazed by several folk commenting under the Waggot interview, totally taken in by his lies and bullshit, thinking he's doing the 'best he can under these owners'

Unbelievable....

Has the Chadster got an extended family out there?

More interestingly, a certain Andrew Cole has also commented 

• Like 1

I can't bring myself to watch this, but given the feedback on here, I hope that WATR will segment it and take Waggott to task on some of this shite.

I know there is a MOU meeting coming up soon, so perhaps that is the perfect time for the Trust to get some of these things out in the open.

This is just a suggestion at the minute and given that I am not a Trust member, I may be out of order with this, but I am willing to become a member and I am sure others would follow suit.

Perhaps a list of 5 questions can be drawn up and put to Suhail and Waggott himself in response to his statement and mine is below.

Given what was said about the funds coming in from transfers over a period of time, is this not also the case for transfers in and therefore, once balances off the other? If this is not the case, is this down to other clubs having earmarked Rovers as a bad risk, due to previous transfer activity and they are now effectively not allowed a line of credit?

• Like 1

I think the fact hes finally admitted there that for every penny they've received they had to return a cost/spent itemised breakdown for every penny.

That ISN'T normal and no amount of flannel can pretend it is but presumably that is so any bond or guarantee Vs have provided can be returned to them so there shouldn't be any problem sending funds at all really.

Not the case though is it.

• Like 3

There's a lot that doesn't add up with what waggott says if at first it's seems like a pretty bland interview.

He's says transfer fees are available from the owner on request but that clearly isn't the case judging from this and the last window. We aren't even spending a quarter of the money we bringing in.

The 'we get paid in installments' line is hilarious as an excuse for not signing anyone as it suggests that we would be paying for players up front. Unless he's saying that the money that's come in is needed for the cash flow in which case he should be honest and say that (as that's likely the truth as we know venkys aren't funding).

Man's a walking contradiction. I can't wait till he leaves 

• Like 5

He spent years getting away with saying fuck all to the wider fanbase, nowt through Covid, he even tried to justify the flogging off of Brockhall with just a five minute in house video with Neil Yardley. I remember fans saying last summer, ‘oh I didn’t know he was a Geordie’

Now his contradictory nonsense is there for all to see and hear, not just hidden away in FF minutes.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The 'we get paid in installments' line is hilarious as an excuse for not signing anyone as it suggests that we would be paying for players up front. 

It'll be amazing just how many fans swallow that right up and repeat it verbatim when defending the clubs appalling transfer activity in the last 18 months.  I'm really intrigued as to whether BBC Lancs and Elliott Jackson have been invited for an interview... both have said on record that the request went in.  If they haven't already done an interview with him, then they now have a copy of his pre-rehearsed script to pick apart and make any interview uncomfortable. 

As I said last night, these cosy interviews are akin to Putin speaking to Russian State TV.  Never challenged, never disputed, never probed - just singing off a hymn sheet in the hope that the gullible masses will lap it up. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

That paying in instalments thing is top drawer misdirection. 

As ever, need to pay attention to what he does, rather than what he says.....

Which is why the notion of improved communication being a panacea for all the owner’s ills is utter nonsense. It’s meaningless. 

It’s like being ok with your partner cheating on you, just as long as they tell you about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think the fact hes finally admitted there that for every penny they've received they had to return a cost/spent itemised breakdown for every penny.

That ISN'T normal and no amount of flannel can pretend it is but presumably that is so any bond or guarantee Vs have provided can be returned to them so there shouldn't be any problem sending funds at all really.

That certainly puts paid to the no impediment line, unless the word impediment, means something different in Geordie land. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lraC said:

That certainly puts paid to the no impediment line, unless the word impediment, means something different in Geordie land. 

What Waggott seems to be clearly inferring in the interview is that the day to day business at the Club is completely unaffected in that although the owners have to provide a supporting bond which makes it twice as expensive to send money over as before, there is no other impediment to them doing so ,and transfer money is available on request and they have never previously refused a request to fund a transfer..

In reality we know that's a load of old tosh as it would appear to be the player sales which have kept the lights on for the last 12 months with none or very little of that money reinvested into the playing squad.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we had previously established that Waggott's version of it is incorrect and  they also have to get a no objection certificate from the Indian Authorities before  sending money over?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Has he denied that previously? it’s in black and white in the court judgment.