BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Has he denied that previously? it’s in black and white in the court judgment.

He has previously stated that there is no impediment, to them sending funds.

As we now know though, that’s apart from him having to itemise, exactly what the funds are for, pay an equivalent amount into a bond and get a no objection certificate from the ED.

What have the Romans done for us? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Giving out booze to players for winning the MoM just sends the wrong message. Thought those days were long behind us.

I tried zooming right in on the original picture to see what it is exactly. I thought i could make out that it said "water" on the bottle! Which would just be weird (and cheap as fk, they're basically just giving them a worthless glass bottle, no wonder they could afford to outbid Peter Jackson and his watches if theyre only spending a couple of quid on the prize) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

7 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Has he denied that previously? it’s in black and white in the court judgment.

Why be pedantic every chance you get ?

Point is HE has stated it there in an interview no black and white needed so stop trying to score points. If you want it have it, put it in your bag and move on.

One day pal me and you can sit down face to face and chat all about these things going back 14 years and if you come out with all the points fair play.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why be pedantic every chance you get ?

Point is HE has stated it there in an interview no black and white needed so stop trying to score points. If you want it have it, put it in your bag and move on.

One day pal me and you can sit down face to face and chat all about these things going back 14 years and if you come out with all the points fair play.

Eh? I was just surprised (maybe I shouldn’t have been) by the fact he’d previously denied it (as I wasn’t aware he had)

Not sure why that’s warranted having a pop at me.

30 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Giving out booze to players for winning the MoM just sends the wrong message. Thought those days were long behind us.

some things to moan about but f me this ain't one

• Like 3
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Eh? I was just surprised (maybe I shouldn’t have been) by the fact he’d previously denied it (as I wasn’t aware he had)

Not sure why that’s warranted having a pop at me.

I didn't say he'd denied it and to be fair he has touched on it before but all the various rumours have swirled around about this and that so i think it''s significant he's told it like it is on record not in a one on one chat.

Apologies if i got the wrong end of your stick.

• Like 1

Barcode Logistics are a parcel delivery company based in Gobbinland. The “awards” they give out for MOM are probably undelivered items left over in the back of the vans.Peter Jackson will be just shaking his head in disbelief at what is happening at his beloved Ewood. Waggott out!

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Price looks like a tacky small bottle of vodka. Very classy (not) 

Screenshot_2024-08-09-23-01-06-03_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

A nice chap, played in community trust football game with him at end of last season.  Really down to earth and really pleased for him that he can invest his hard earned money into something he loves. Yes it's not a watch, but ultimately if his sponsorship is more revenue than the Peter Jackson, from a business perspective it needs to be done.

I'm sure it wasn't out the blue for Peter Jackson and they would of held talks about renewing at more favourable terms for the club, which they didn't want to meet. Finding out four days before the season starts that they are going to go with someone else which is more commercially viable was more than likely the end result of negotiations, rather than BTW we don't want you any more 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

A nice chap, played in community trust football game with him at end of last season.  Really down to earth and really pleased for him that he can invest his hard earned money into something he loves. Yes it's not a watch, but ultimately if his sponsorship is more revenue than the Peter Jackson, from a business perspective it needs to be done.

I'm sure it wasn't out the blue for Peter Jackson and they would of held talks about renewing at more favourable terms for the club, which they didn't want to meet. Finding out four days before the season starts that they are going to go with someone else which is more commercially viable was more than likely the end result of negotiations, rather than BTW we don't want you any more 

I don’t care how much money this guy is throwing at the club, that so called MOM “award” was an absolute insult. It also sends out the wrong message, especially to our younger supporters. This sponsor needs to give his head a wobble and rethink as to what is an  appropriate award before the next home game. 

• Like 4

In the vast majority of cases step one of a professional footballers starter kit will be an incredibly expensive watch, probably even before a really flash motor. With all due respect to Peter Jackson I doubt he was dishing out a Rolex or Audemars Piguet every other week. I expect they will be just as happy/underwhelmed with a token bottle of Vodka as they were a watch they wouldn’t dream of wearing.

Of course the biggest issue appears to be how this was communicated to Peter Jackson, which doesn’t sound great by their account and seems really avoidable. Perhaps a bit pedantic but the timeline in their account doesn’t add up. I distinctly remember hearing “Your McEwan’s MOTM is Alan Shearer” a great many times, and in David Batty’s book he mentions how he got so many crates of lager in his first season he had to ask them for a case of bitter for a change. 35 years seems a bit out.

• Like 2

I doubt many if any of the players were wearing the watches but it's a nice little momento no doubt in a box that says MoM there's nothing tacky about it.

It's something a bit different and unique rather than generic bottles of booze handed out especially when football has worked hard to clean its act up on that particular subject. 

Would anyone be saying it's good if it was Totally Wicked handing out boxes of vapes ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I doubt many if any of the players were wearing the watches but it's a nice little momento no doubt in a box that says MoM there's nothing tacky about it.

It's something a bit different and unique rather than generic bottles of booze handed out especially when football has worked hard to clean its act up on that particular subject. 

Would anyone be saying it's good if it was Totally Wicked handing out boxes of vapes ?

I was just thinking that, can you imagine😅 

Sad thing is that i bet a lot of the dopey players would actually much prefer the vape over a watch or booze! 

• Like 1

In recent seasons PJ had stopped presenting watches anyway and had awarded a nice little trophy instead (as per the photo)… now it’s a bottle of Grant’s Vodka with a new label 🤷‍♂️

IMG_2428.jpeg

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Are they giving the ladies a half bottle of Mother's Ruin?

No the ladies get a coffee pod and if they win 3 they get chance to use the machine.

• Like 4