BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

My views about Waggott are well known.

Last season's interview horrified me when he stated the ambition was to stay in the League and develop young players- just after we had missed out on the play-offs on goal difference.

So for him to say this year's target is top half to be in position to challenge for the play-offs was as big a surprise.

At least we didn't get the team bus bought (it was hired)... 

I am sure he is aware of the contents of the last 80 pages on this thread. Well time to walk the walk because talking the talk is easy. 

20 days to transfer deadline day- we pay transfer fees in instalments as well as receiving them in instalments. Let's see if this was all BS and whether for the first time in four windows we can process paperwork properly. There enough Chiefs to make sure the right button is pressed.

Of course I know we will be let down.  

• Like 2

He trips himself up though constantly.

Tells us owners can fund club no restrictions but there is a bond issue and court case....

Says they are funding the club when the evidence is transfer income actually is then complains about transfer income coming in instalments as an excuse for no significant reinvestment. Yet if they are funding the running costs then surely transfer income instalments could be lined up with outgoing fees in order to reinvest in players ?

That's the trouble with the majority of our fans, cheer when winning, silent when not then only kick off when we are on the verge of relegation or administration.

The problems are there and have been there all along and form on the pitch will always fluctuate no matter who owns and runs the place. However repeated self created problems put us on the verge of disaster every few years yet finishing 7th 'owners are great'  nearly relegated 'owners are #######'.

Common theme NO investment in decent players either time so lets have some consistency in keeping focus on what will time and again hold this club in paralysis.

• Like 1

You will never get any dissent/protest if the team is doing ok, simple as that.

The only reason it stirred a little bit last season is because we were on a horror run… we then beat Stoke, a new manager to get behind/a league to stay in and that was the end of that.

Most fans at the ground couldn’t give a toss about off field stuff as long as the team is steady enough.

• Like 4

In Broughton’s last interview in May, when he was explaining what he advised the board to do with the transfer fees we were getting this summer, mentioned the instalments thing. 

He said that he’d advised that even though we receive money in instalments when we sell, we also pay in instalments when we buy. So it’s essentially a non-issue. 

So you can imagine that Waggott had already told GB that the instalments theory only ever works in the clubs favour!

As always, Venky’s Out.

• Like 2

Waggot is out jogging and accidentally falls into a river.

Three young lads see the accident and without a second thought jump in and drag out the scared and soaking waggot.

"Lads, you’ve saved my life and you all deserve a reward. You name it and I'll give it to you,” says waggot. 

First lad says, "I'd like a Holiday to Disneyland."

He says, "Certainly."

Second lad says, "I'd like the new Xbox and a new TV.”

He says, "No Problem."

The third lad says, “I'd like a wheelchair with built in WiFi and stereo attached to it."

waggot says, "HEY.. But you're Not handicapped".

The lad replies, "Not yet, but I will be when my dad finds out I saved you from drowning!”

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philipl said:

Waggott staggers on.

Now with a great opportunity to sell more tickets and bond with fans he is cocking up Bristol City and PNE ticketing.

Retire man!

Retire!?

I think any quarter decent company would have fired him a long time ago, in fact they wouldn't even have employed him.

IMO, a highly incompetent bullsh1tter with nothing in his track record to suggest he could have moved our club forward.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Retire!?

I think any quarter decent company would have fired him a long time ago, in fact they wouldn't even have employed him.

IMO, a highly incompetent bullsh1tter with nothing in his track record to suggest he could have moved our club forward.

he has no intention of trying to move the club forward,all he is bothered about is getting his grossly overpaid salary,a leach of the lowest order

• Like 1

Oh how good would it feel if Waggot left the club, either sacked (deservedly) or retired.

We have such a good 'feel' factor right now at the club, so to hear all these matchday ticket fiascos makes my piss boil.

It's like the buffoon is doing his upmost to alienate supporters.

Please Steve, for the sake of our club and fanbase, leave...

• Like 1