BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

West Brom Preview

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m sorry Exiled but I’m astonished by that remark. 

What makes you think, that after 10yrs of neglect, downgrading and general mismanagement, this club, with a new manager, could make that leap to the Premiership?

Especially when another 22 clubs/managers won’t get promoted either.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

As Owen Coyles chief cheerleader you’ve more front than Blackpool.

Give it a rest Gav.

Based on your comments over recent weeks, one could be forgiven for thinking you are on the Ewood pay roll!

Your comments about Gallagher today are laughable - I expect every single player in blue and white to put a real shift in and work their socks off - IT IS A BASIC REQUIREMENT and not one that costs £5million and a fortune in wages.!!!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry mate, I think I probably have better fitness than him, and I personally can't kick a football or control one, I think it's an absolute joke people think effort is a good parameter for a good footballer.

Matter of opinion my friend, I disagree of course, no problem with that. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought Pickering did ok at left back against their attacking wing back Furlong. Would have preffered to get close to him but probably worried about Furlong beating him for pace

Didnt have a clue where Phillips was for what turned out to be the winner. Unconvinced thus far I must say.

• Like 4

Beaten by a team with better individual players today. But thought we competed well overall despite the big gap in quality.

Really like the look of Carter the more I see of him. Think he's going to be a very, very good player. Clarkson looks good on the ball, I was impressed by him. Still not sure what to make of Buckley. He's got undoubted quality on the ball but games seem to pass him by. 

7 points from 4 tough fixtures. I'd have snapped your hand off if you'd offered me that before the start of the season.

• Like 2

West Brom played Sam Allardyce football to its perfection. That style of football in this league and the way they played it will guarantee promotion. I look forward to watching WBA v Fulham.

I can't understand why so many criticise our players. I thought the whole team played well except maybe for Dolan who should have forfeited his place to Butterworth as someone has already mentioned.

We all know our weaknesses at our club. I'm just pleased that the players have the comradeship to compete and enjoy their football.

I know it's Venkys and Mowbray but, somehow, I feel that something has changed.  

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, bazza said:

West Brom played Sam Allardyce football to its perfection. That style of football in this league and the way they played it will guarantee promotion. I look forward to watching WBA v Fulham.

I can't understand why so many criticise our players. I thought the whole team played well except maybe for Dolan who should have forfeited his place to Butterworth as someone has already mentioned.

We all know our weaknesses at our club. I'm just pleased that the players have the comradeship to compete and enjoy their football.

Theres obviously a good spirit there

34 minutes ago, bazza said:

I agree.  It’s far easier to get behind the likes of Buckley, Diaz , Carter than evans and co

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Tony Mowbrays blue and white army came from the Blackburn end a few times.

Was watching Chapman ‘warm up’ today and he looked like he had a real sulk on when davenport got the call and was barely even stretching, that said he looked a threat when he came on, think he deserves a start certainly Buckley couldn’t complain if he lost his place next time up.

I'll be honest Tom, I'm in NO4  and not once did I hear a chant with nobhead's name mentioned 

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Shout out to Mark Venus for throwing out that towel, possibly the most impactful thing he has done in 2 calender years.

Makes a change from our management typically throwing in the towel at 1-0 down.

CBA  with Chaddy's multiquote system, but yeah, that was brilliant I'll admit  but even funnier was magloire launching it into the BBE at HT.

I will qualify this by saying not half as funny as us scoring on the counter attack after that prick has spent 10 minutes trying to rub the pattern off the ball!!

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We are sorely lacking in attacking areas, you take Armstrong and Elliott away and you see the lack of quality, we are reliant on set pieces or today a huge error, otherwise we just dont even create chances. Today, aside from the goal, we created nothing really. Same at Millwall, aside from the goal from a set piece, no chances. And at Forest, did we create much of note bar the goals from our set pieces? Not really.

Even with Elliot and Armstrong last season we got outclassed time and again, hence why we finished so far away from the play offs. It'd take more than just those two return to make us competitive! 

• Like 1

We're crying out for a centre forward, a target man. The issue with Gally and Ben out wide is that even if they're not having great games, even then they do have a moment or two each game where they do well or get lucky or the opposition make a mistake or whatever...BUT THE ISSUE IS that then there is NOTHING - nada! - NOBODY in the centre to aim for and nobody taking up the attention of a couple of their defenders. Dolan isn't the answer due to his height, Gally isn't the answer due to his skill levels probably but at least could make a nuisance of himself. It's clear that Tony doesn't envisage Breo doing that.

So...either put Gally there or, better yet, get a centre forward in or our good start will soon seem like a distant memory. Tony's tactics make it too easy for the opposition's central defenders, we need a striker. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn

5 hours ago, Gav said:

I’m sorry Exiled but I’m astonished by that remark. 

What makes you think, that after 10yrs of neglect, downgrading and general mismanagement, this club, with a new manager, could make that leap to the Premiership?

You've also asked several people if their seats were facing the pitch today, so I'm not surprised you're astonished by a remark.

The Venky's are as hands off as could be - as much as I hate them they plough £20m into the club each year and only stop spending money on transfers when someone tells them that they'll break FFP rules if we sign anyone else without selling someone first. 

You have carte blanche at Ewood Park if you're the Manager. This club is absolutely set up for an experienced / visionary young manager to come in and shape the club / team in his image. He'd have to fly to Pune occasionally to kiss their arses, but otherwise he'd be the lord of his own fiefdom. 

That and the Championship is a shite, shite league. Bring in some pace, physicality and organisation and you're a handful for literally every team in the division. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Venky's are as hands off as could be - as much as I hate them they plough £20m into the club each year and only stop spending money on transfers when someone tells them that they'll break FFP rules if we sign anyone else without selling someone first. 

You have carte blanche at Ewood Park if you're the Manager. This club is absolutely set up for an experienced / visionary young manager to come in and shape the club / team in his image. He'd have to fly to Pune occasionally to kiss their arses, but otherwise he'd be the lord of his own fiefdom. 

That and the Championship is a shite, shite league. Bring in some pace, physicality and organisation and you're a handful for literally every team in the division. 

I'm sorry Exiled but that rosy picture you're painting isn't what anyone in my experience is actually seeing in practice and never will be under these owners, but I hope you're right and we are wrong.

The squad is threadbare, contracts unsigned, scouts sacked, no staff to run the club shop, all cost cutting measures, we're back to the Blackburn Rovers of mid 80's, 2nd class stamps and running away from the milk man.

Its a sorry state of affairs, they're running the club into the ground bit by bit and that will never change until the owners leave, regardless of who the manager is.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

That’s right, very few teams coped with their flying wing backs approach. The thing that struck me today was West Brom’s combination of pace and physicality. It’s a potent weapon in this division. 

I've said this for years.  Assemble a team of predominantly big, quick lads and it scares the death out of most teams at this level. They don't have to be that good technically. Reading went close last year, their team dwarfed ours and out - muscled them from the start. 

We have neither the physicality or the pace in our side.  It never seems to get addressed so by default we often lose to the more physical teams.

A Samba sized CB 

An Nzonzi  sized CM

Even if they are only used against certain sides.  In other words a bloody plan B.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Beaten by a team with better individual players today. But thought we competed well overall despite the big gap in quality.

Really like the look of Carter the more I see of him. Think he's going to be a very, very good player. Clarkson looks good on the ball, I was impressed by him. Still not sure what to make of Buckley. He's got undoubted quality on the ball but games seem to pass him by. 

7 points from 4 tough fixtures. I'd have snapped your hand off if you'd offered me that before the start of the season.

Boro fixture is a good test now. They are beatable.

A draw and that's a pretty decent start. A win and it's a dream start under the circumstances.  

A loss and the worry would be that heads start dropping.

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I've said this for years.  Assemble a team of predominantly big, quick lads and it scares the death out of most teams at this level. They don't have to be that good technically. Reading went close last year, their team dwarfed ours and out - muscled them from the start. 

We have neither the physicality or the pace in our side.  It never seems to get addressed so by default we often lose to the more physical teams.

A Samba sized CB 

An Nzonzi  sized CM

Even if they are only used against certain sides.  In other words a bloody plan B.

It’s amazing how cheap Samba and Nzonzi both were…a product of good European scouting and the confidence to sign such relative unknowns. We must have the shortest squad in the division…the subs all warm up directly in front of me and it was like watching a bunch of Olympic skateboarders 

• Like 3