BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

23 minutes ago, Ozz said:

He runs Red Herring pub in Coppull. Lost some weight years ago. Top lad.

Didn't realise it was 'that' Big Ste we were on about. Used to do quite a few gigs at the Red Herring years ago, real top bloke Ste. Him & Muurrry (as Ste used to pronounce Mary) used to have that place rocking. Hope he's OK.

On 21/09/2021 at 19:19, Hasta said:

From Waggots interview which has surfaced in the last hour-

Asked if he felt the pricing structure at the club, with the cheapest ticket for a Category A+ match £36, was affordable to the people of the town, Waggott responded: “We’ve tried to make it so that the season ticket prices are what we base everything on.

“Adult prices are £17 per ticket and senior citizens work out at £12. 

Which is basically a big screw you to anyone who can't get to all games because of work or travel commitments.

It's also hardly a policy to encourage people to try coming to Ewood again (or for the first time). 

I mean there's so much wrong with this it hurts. Aside from the season tickets not being that cheap and the product poor. 

I remember in my first term at Uni that we covered price elasticity of demand. Simple concept stating that the price influences the amount of demand. Not rocket science, goodness it's covered at A level and recapped at Uni early on. And yet we have a CEO who is utterly unaware and uninfluenced by it. Tad worrying that anyone with an A level business revision book would have a better handle on pricing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Didn't realise it was 'that' Big Ste we were on about. Used to do quite a few gigs at the Red Herring years ago, real top bloke Ste. Him & Muurrry (as Ste used to pronounce Mary) used to have that place rocking. Hope he's OK.

1 hour ago, Ozz said:

He runs Red Herring pub in Coppull. Lost some weight years ago. Top lad.

Ste has had both legs amputated after a sepsis episode. He is back home and there have been several fundraisers to ensure he has the best opportunity to try and make the very best of the sad situation he found himself in. All of his friends have rallied around including the Wheelton lads.

• Like 4

The more I think on it, the more I wonder if there's something deliberately untoward about it. It defies logic and all business sense to expect "good value" season tickets to force people to buy these over individual games. Perhaps it would work if you had a huge market of customers, but we clearly don't. 

No one who is ambivalent - and given our attendances I suggest that many former attendees and the general Blackburn populace is - is going to go straight to coughing up hundreds of pounds. No one does that for any hobby/form of entertainment. Well maybe if you are loaded but if they think that's the target market then they are way off.

Big purchases often come after research or trying and liking a smaller amount. In either case in terms of Rovers that would mean having sampled games beforehand. People don't jump to big price expenditure. 

The nearest I can think of favourably to Rovers is parents buying their kids games consoles at hundreds of pounds as an all in from the start. Even this however isn't a great comparison. Often they will have tried it/experienced it elsewhere, perhaps at a mates, there's the building on demand from previous consoles and peer pressure of wanting what their mates have to join in. Can't see much pressure not to miss out on following Rovers given our attendances, and without cheap tickets and given recent attendances there's little previous experience/interest to capitalise on. 

I'm no expert on this yet it's pretty clear from the off how flawed it is. It's inconceivable that our CEO and business department don't know this. Which begs the question why adopt this strategy? Laziness or something more untoward?

On 21/09/2021 at 10:47, Hasta said:

This is one of those games where everything aligns - in decent form, local game we expect to win, 3pm Kick-off, early on in the season so optimism hasn't been eaten away, potentially decent weather. It's almost the perfect away day.

Based on the number of people I know that are going or wanted to go we'd have shifted well over double our original allocation. 

Well the away stand does hold 5k normally but I was speaking to work colleague on Thursday Morning who is Blackpool FC season ticket holder and he informed me that part of the stand and facilities aren't up to H+S standards and he is surprised we got over 3k to buy. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well the away stand does hold 5k normally but I was speaking to work colleague on Thursday Morning who is Blackpool FC season ticket holder and he informed me that part of the stand and facilities aren't up to H+S standards and he is surprised we got over 3k to buy. 

The away stand, is a temporary one and has not held 5000 for a while, if ever. Because  nearly all the Rovers at the game will be season ticket holders, I do not expect there will be much in the way of derision aimed at Mowbray.   

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They hasn't been anything aimed at Mowbray in the 5 games Ive attended this season

Why do you edit my post  to give yourself an easy answer. I claimed that I didn't expect much critisism of Mowbray at the Blackpool game, because most of the people at the game will be season ticket holders. I take it that the games you have been to , the same applies. People who I talked to at the Forest, Boro, and Barnsley games certainly had reservations about Mowbray.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Why do you edit my post  to give yourself an easy answer.

How is it easy answer? 

3 hours ago, rigger said:

I claimed that I didn't expect much critisism of Mowbray at the Blackpool game, because most of the people at the game will be season ticket holders. I take it that the games you have been to , the same applies. People who I talked to at the Forest, Boro, and Barnsley games certainly had reservations about Mowbray.

Plenty of season ticket holders were to the Barnsley away game including myself. 

Yes I haven't missed a home league game this season. 

21 hours ago, rigger said:

Why do you edit my post  to give yourself an easy answer. I claimed that I didn't expect much critisism of Mowbray at the Blackpool game, because most of the people at the game will be season ticket holders. I take it that the games you have been to , the same applies. People who I talked to at the Forest, Boro, and Barnsley games certainly had reservations about Mowbray.

Along with deliberately misunderstanding the editing of posts is another naughty tactic. Seems to be a commonality... 

Going down to yesterdays game on the bus I spoke to a bloke who I hadn't seen for a while and was never under the impression he was a Rovers fan. He told me he runs an under 7's team and as such they can buy ten tickets for £50, the only caveat being there has to be two adults in the group. I think this is a really good initiative that can perhaps kill two birds with one stone. Rovers are bringing in some income and hopefully some of the kids want to go again.

Is anybody else aware of this?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Going down to yesterdays game on the bus I spoke to a bloke who I hadn't seen for a while and was never under the impression he was a Rovers fan. He told me he runs an under 7's team and as such they can buy ten tickets for £50, the only caveat being there has to be two adults in the group. I think this is a really good initiative that can perhaps kill two birds with one stone. Rovers are bringing in some income and hopefully some of the kids want to go again.

Is anybody else aware of this?

No, but what a good initiative and probably more effective than giving away tickets.

• Like 2

Then you are needing a floating fan to commit to two consecutive weekends, there’s often a reason why they aren’t a ST holder in the first place, I.e demands on their free time, work commitments, other hobbies.

Why not just £15 a ticket anywhere in the ground for one of the games? Coventry being a great example as they are riding high too.

• Like 3