BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

43 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

Thanks for that 👍

I’ll definitely be going another game whether we drop off or not. It’s just midweek that’s an issue. I just bought 3 Prague to Manchester return flights for these 4 games at £30 return each. Flights for the Blackpool game currently about £70 so will wait for the next Ryanair flight sale 😃

I forgot about the package deals so you’re right I’ll give it another couple of weeks. 

Im thinking about play off tickets though and also Birmingham away (imagine if we can get automatic at St. Andrews on the last day) so a season ticket would help there. I haven’t had one since 08-09.

You do know that Derby is midweek?

If Rovers want to get the interest of wavering fans who are "watching on" then the time is right now to get a ticket deal to cover the following games:

Millwall, QPR, Bristol C and Derby - 2 night games and 2 weekend games. Get the deal out there, 4 games for the price of 3 and all at £20 a shot.

The ground could be swelled by a few thousand as neither Millwall, Bristol or QPR will bring a decent following as all are poorly supported away from home, so stick them in the upper reaches of the Darwen End and open the lower Darwen for home fans.

I don't see Derby bringing more than 1500-2000, so again stick them up top and fill the end with Rovers fans.

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If Rovers want to get the interest of wavering fans who are "watching on" then the time is right now to get a ticket deal to cover the following games:

Millwall, QPR, Bristol C and Derby - 2 night games and 2 weekend games. Get the deal out there, 4 games for the price of 3 and all at £20 a shot.

The ground could be swelled by a few thousand as neither Millwall, Bristol or QPR will bring a decent following as all are poorly supported away from home, so stick them in the upper reaches of the Darwen End and open the lower Darwen for home fans.

I don't see Derby bringing more than 1500-2000, so again stick them up top and fill the end with Rovers fans.

Yes, good idea, all for it.

The club can go for it, why not. But multi  match bundles offered mid season don’t work here, never have. Which makes sense, as if you wanted to tie yourself down as a floating fan to multi games including night matches, you’d have bought a full or half ST by now.

Many of said fans ‘pick their games’, I.e a Saturday afternoon they fancy. So, for me, I’d be doing what we did in 2001, target a couple of matches and price it as a £10 a ticket in all areas, Operation Fill Ewood.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club can go for it, why not. But multi  match bundles offered mid season don’t work here, never have. Which makes sense, as if you wanted to tie yourself down as a floating fan to multi games including night matches, you’d have bought a full or half ST by now.

Many of said fans ‘pick their games’, I.e a Saturday afternoon they fancy. So, for me, I’d be doing what we did in 2001, target a couple of matches and price it as a £10 a ticket in all areas, Operation Fill Ewood.

I wouldn't buy a multi match ticket. Too much else going on . But a cheap match ticket for a specific match would be tempting. My daughter would probably bring our grandson too which would be great because he's been spotted wearing a Burnley shirt and that can't be right

• Like 1

Yeah I remember in 2000-2001 we made the Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd games in the run in £10 & £5 in all areas. The Huddersfield game got nearly 30k in, while the Sheff Utd which was midweek got over 25k on.

Different times obviously, but I think the QPR game is perfect for a £10 ticket game, then maybe do something with the Bournemouth one if we're still in the run in.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah I remember in 2000-2001 we made the Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd games in the run in £10 & £5 in all areas. The Huddersfield game got nearly 30k in, while the Sheff Utd which was midweek got over 25k on.

Different times obviously, but I think the QPR game is perfect for a £10 ticket game, then maybe do something with the Bournemouth one if we're still in the run in.

The QPR is a good one to target.  We are already getting up to 1,000 kids and parents for the BE Upper bussed in via the Ewood Express for that game (sponsored by a local Asian owned business 👏👏) so we could look at trying to fill up the bottom of the DE as 1864 suggests and getting a decent number in The Riverside for a change.  Rovers need to be brave and take a chance….it will work you know ☺️

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

I wouldn't buy a multi match ticket. Too much else going on . But a cheap match ticket for a specific match would be tempting. My daughter would probably bring our grandson too which would be great because he's been spotted wearing a Burnley shirt and that can't be right

I hope you've reported her to NSPCC gumboots, you have an obligation even though its your daughter....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

You need to show your grandson the error of his ways, and stamp it out immediately.

Edited by rigger

Looks like we are going to be trialing some new food at Ewood for the Milwall match. I’ll definitely be trying some next time I’m at the match if it’s available 😋

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All night games got changed to that a few months back. 

Which is fine, better than being £25 or £30, but price wasn’t the main factor for low evening crowds - red button, work commitments, fewer kids attending, low away support were bigger factors.

It’s weekend games that really need promoting and some out the box ideas tried - and on that I’ve noticed that Millwall a week on Saturday still isn’t on sale, so here’s hoping the delay is due to some kind of offer being up their sleeve (wishful thinking, probably!).

Edited by Mattyblue

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

All night games got changed to that a few months back. 

Which is fine, better than being £25 or £30, but price wasn’t the main factor for low evening crowds - red button, work commitments, fewer kids attending, low away support were bigger factors.

It’s weekend games that really need promoting and some out the box ideas tried - and on that I’ve noticed that Millwall a week on Saturday still isn’t on sale, so here’s hoping the delay is due to some kind of offer being up their sleeve (wishful thinking, probably!).

I would be surprised if any offer for the Millwall game is anything but derisery. But we live in hope.

If the club was serious about the position we find ourselves in and desperate to make full use of it they would have tickets on sale for every home game remaining this season.

I never understand this obsession with leaving it until 3 weeks before the match to start selling them. Its not as though they need the time to plan and sort things out - they know there will be ample capacity come what may.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

If the club was serious about the position we find ourselves in and desperate to make full use of it they would have tickets on sale for every home game remaining this season.

I never understand this obsession with leaving it until 3 weeks before the match to start selling them. Its not as though they need the time to plan and sort things out - they know there will be ample capacity come what may.

It's less than two weeks till the Millwall game, and still no tickets on sale. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

It's less than two weeks till the Millwall game, and still no tickets on sale. 

I was literally about to say the same thing. Waiting for the tickets to go on sale so I can bring my lad for his second ever rovers game. 

Also, coming across for the qpr game, surely getting tickets out earlier gives more chance to increase attendances. Less than 2 weeks before the game is poor, especially when people are looking to fund them.

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As I said on the previous page, it is unusual to get this close to a game with nothing on sale, so there’s perhaps a (small) chance that they are awaiting sign off for a ticket promotion…. cue standard pricing in the morning. 

Well the morning has come and still no tickets on sale. And then they wonder why crowds are low.

• Like 1