BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Going off previous reactions i'd massively disagree with this his ego is egg shell thin.  Fine when he's shouting from a safe distance in front of his local tame journo pals. They wouldn't call him out in person if he poured petrol in their tea instead of milk.

Very different when fans or someone else has rattled his cage. He's always struck me as a stubborn but insecure manager it's written all over his team selections, tactics, recuitment and retaining players down the years.

So what you are saying is that he has been shouted down in the past and he has reacted. He is still our manager so it made no difference.

I think if I was offered a 'Cash Out' on this season I would take it now.

I don't think we will finish higher than 13th and it would save the weekly anguish of ruined Saturdays.

Happy to jump straight into next season with a new manager. ( I know it's only October but it's already feeling like a dead season )

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

So what you are saying is that he has been shouted down in the past and he has reacted. He is still our manager so it made no difference.

He's never been roasted by the fans here yet the closest was the first home game in lge 1. No surprise as he was yet again trying a stupid team selection and formation that didn't suit what was at his disposal. More recently twice already this season there have been chants of Mowbray sort it out.  Both times he's reacted with changes and both times not long afterwards there's been veiled digs at fans in the media and evidence of the lip out.

So basically the signs are he will not react well to some real and frequent questioning in the stadium.

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's never been roasted by the fans here yet the closest was the first home game in lge 1. No surprise as he was yet again trying a stupid team selection and formation that didn't suit what was at his disposal. More recently twice already this season there have been chants of Mowbray sort it out.  Both times he's reacted with changes and both times not long afterwards there's been veiled digs at fans in the media and evidence of the lip out.

So basically the signs are he will not react well to some real and frequent questioning in the stadium.

In your earlier post you said, going off previous reactions

At what point do we try and force positive change and voice our opinion as supporters in the ground? Time for some "Mowbray and Waggott Out!" or "Taking Us Nowhere" banners.

Fan feelings need to be known and journalists are barely willing to touch it. 

We need a full new setup, starting with a new CEO and manager.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ghost7 said:

At what point do we try and force positive change and voice our opinion as supporters in the ground? Time for some "Mowbray and Waggott Out!" or "Taking Us Nowhere" banners.

I'd go more along the lines of : Fuck off Mowbray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

In your earlier post you said, going off previous reactions

Correct and there has always been some sort of reaction to the miniscule flak that's gone his way.

Odds on that ( not if ) some real rockets come his way he'll blow.

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Correct and there has always been some sort of reaction to the miniscule flak that's gone his way.

Odds on that ( not if ) some real rockets come his way he'll blow.

Life's too short, I'm off out for a few beers.

Edited by rigger

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else secretly hoping that we go a goal or two down so we can give Mowbray some shit? I want to see him squirm and make a knob of himself getting all defensive & high & mighty!

Of course, I want Rovers to win every game, but if we can't then I'll take the option above if it hastens his exit.

Not at all. If we go one or two down, there will be moans and groans, boos, maybe "Mowbray sort it out," it might lead to a few spiky answers in a press conference.

I don't see any benefit though because it will not hasten his exit. Him "making a knob of himself getting all defensive" would not be of any consolation to me whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

It wouldn't make a difference, Venkys would be oblivious even if you could get mass participation which wouldn't happen.

Went on numerous protests against Kean, remember all of the different ways that the action group etc got publicity, it made no difference, so a comparatively much milder protest will not make a difference. 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game is 

LINEUP111634831154896.png

Khadra, as well as Davenport, haven't made Mowbray's bench lately. There's been no talk of injury or any other reason for enforced absence so I presume it's the managers choice.

I disagree with leaving them out. But I expect Mowbray to show he has a plan by continuing to leave them out and persisting with the others.

The worst thing to do is to alternate players by fielding them and then excluding them. It confuses and gives no-one a chance to build some form and confidence. A few games ago Davenport came off the bench and then the following week isn't on the bench and then Clarkson is in the team. 

If Mowbray has the courage of his conviction, he'll give Clarkson a run, rather than vacillating.

I hope we see a defender on the bench. We can't expect Johnson to be back-up, as he has been.

Edit: Thanks chaddyrovers for the info that Khadra has been out with illness. I suppose, then, he will be on the bench rather than Poveda, though, I'd like to see him start in a 442.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

I can’t say anything that has not already been said 1000 times. There isn’t any joy on game days, the team is going nowhere, because TM is going nowhere. The owners are penny-pinching, strangling every last cent out of their investment. If BB-D is dealt, don’t expect any of that to be spent on incoming talent. 

I truly believed last year nothing would happen during the season, but TM would certainly be canned by seasons end. He was not. 

Sadly, I cannot see a change during this season, either. I’ve resigned myself to a finish somewhere between 15th and 18th. 

1-2. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why? He's shit.  I even find myself asking for Bucko watching this lad on the pitch.

Yeah I've not even seem a glimmer of hope of there being a footballer in there at all. He's either completely devoid of any confidence or just rubbish. Whichever it is he's offering nothing on the pitch.

• Like 1

Clarkson is just out of his depth at the min and as a result clearly has zero confidence. He must have something about him to get where he has but here how many different roles has he been asked to do already ?

We know how this manager works, if there is no confusion then he'll go out of his way to make some. Face it lads like this are just here for experience we are doing someone else a favour. Mowbray is happy with this it's his comfort zone where he can just shrug his shoulders and brush it off.

This man will never ever build a team that runs like a well oiled machine it will always be one big mix and match experiment. He's the type that if his fan belt broke despite being a millionaire he'd still try and stick his belt around it, just to see what happens.

• Like 5