BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

That was the best game of football I’ve seen at Ewood in years. Aided by the conditions, a blood and thunder battle that maintained a high tempo from start to finish. What a way to bounce back! Our counter-attacking play was superb and we finally saw Poveda come to the party. I’m absolutely buzzing. 

• Like 2

id`e like to apologise for calling poveda useless😁,everyone put a mega shift in today,travis immense,davenport getting stuck in and diaz was everywhere,mowbray is still an idiot though,next match the team will be completely different!!

p.s that was the clearest penalty iv`e ever seen,getting your shirt grabbed and getting tripped up at the same time is not an offense according to the ref🤣

Sat in the pub and the team news filtered through left me feeling that this is the end of Mowbray, his tinkering to the end would see another capitulation and heavy defeat!

On taking my seat, that after no food was left in the JW Upper, I was pleasantly surprised to see a much bigger than expected Home crowd.

Cue 1 minute 20 seconds and we fail to get a defender in the way and we concede in the first Sheffield attack.

Fear of another beasting were quickly removed as I saw something we have been missing on our pitch, pride, effort, a work ethic, a team with a plan, passing, movement, speed and guile. Yes, this was the Rovers we crave for.

without going into every minute Rovers were superb, each to a man. Fighting for the ball, splendid movement across the pitch and yet we saw our frailities only this time we rode the luck and if we had used a little more composure we would have seen 5 or 6 in the back of the opposition net, almost righting the ruined goal difference following Mowbray shitshow on Wednesday!

Our resident football experts will note the skill, speed and guile of Khadra and Poveda. The6 will have taken note of the miles run by Buckley, Brereton and Travis. They will have noted the effort of Nyambe, Edun and Wharton marshalled by Leneghan. ALL players who have been abused, defiled and slated on various forums.

Well let me say this, each and everyone of them performed out of their skins.

Buckley and Brereton covered every inch of the pitch. Poveda and Khadra scared the living shit out of Sheffield whilst defensively it was a much better performance than of late. Yes there were times when we got lucky but we made our luck and earned that result today.

Credit to Mowbray today, I still want him out and the right managers that are currently out there are on a very short list especially after Warnock being potted today. So, as we hit the international break, Rovers should take the plunge right now and make that change.

Great result and a glimpse of what might be with the right set up.

Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 8

A very good result.

Typical of Mowbray's Rovers. Abject one game, tremendous the next. A bit of consistency would go a long way.

The BBC report said that it was Brewster's first goal for Sheff U. That is poor. He cost them a fortune. Klopp sold them on that one.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

39 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It is at times of adversity that you find out about people. Today after the horrors of Wednesday and the concession of an early goal we found out about Tony Mowbray and our players. They responded magnificently and we can look ahead to a season that promises much.

what are you talking about? 

do so many peoples memories really only go back as far as 1 or 2 games

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It is at times of adversity that you find out about people. Today after the horrors of Wednesday and the concession of an early goal we found out about Tony Mowbray and our players. They responded magnificently and we can look ahead to a season that promises much.

No, I don't believe we can. We can look forward to false dawn after false dawn, if history is anything to go by.

• Like 5

Talk about contrasting games. On Wednesday we threw in the towel and surrendered with a whimper. Today we rolled our sleeves up and wanted to scrap and fight but more importantly show some pride. Having seen all of Mowbrays games in charge I think today was the first time we had some natural width, not wide strikers or inverted wingers but square pegs in the right flaming holes. And for me it was a fundamental difference with Poveda and Khedra running at full backs and putting crosses in. The pitch was made wider than ever and the benefit was there to be seen. I accept that defensively they weren't great. I thought Davenport was our best player today with lots of players not far behind him but a special mention to Scott Wharton. He looked a little rusty and really tired towards the end but he can be delighted with his contribution today. Alongside him Lenihan was solid although I think he picked up his fifth booking today (I stand to be corrected on that though) from a woefully inadequate referee who fell way below the expected standard although in a perverse way his denying of us a clear penalty seemed to anger the players and the crowd and the tempo was raised.

All in all it's a good end to an awful week but with yer man in charge who knows what the Bristol game will bring.

• Like 6

Really happy with that today, not only a win but to come back from a goal down and to win comfortably showed great character. Mowbray deserves loads of credit for making a few brave calls regarding his team selection that all paid off and 3 wins from 4 is not bad at all despite Wednesdays horror show.

I thought the atmosphere today was really good, I expected things to turn after the early goal but there were no signs of that and it was nice of Mowbray to mention the crowd in his post match interview.

I thought that Poveda was absolutely brilliant, a goal and an assist merited for a positive and brave performance. Khadra was less convincing, repeatedly running down blind alleys although his set piece delivery was really good. Brereton had a strange game, a few poor finishes and bits of clumsiness but yet another goal.

Travis was excellent in midfield and drove the team on alongside Davenport who probably had his best performance in a Rovers shirt. Edun worries me at left back to be honest and I thought that Wharton looked very rusty which is understandable. Lenihan and Nyambe were solid and Kaminski made a couple of key saves.

• Like 3

Credit to Mowbray today the changes all paid off in spectacular style.

Poveda especially looked fantastic where had that performance been hiding.

Felt like a proper counter attacking wing play formation today and worked brilliantly. Also got the crowd behind them and probably the best atmosphere so far this season.

Much better mood going into the break

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

For me, Davenport was MOM today. Kept it simple and kept the ball moving. 

Why oh why can't Mowbray just stop his needless tinkering and play to our strengths? Bloody infuriating.

he can`t help himself,iv`e said before he`s got an inflated ego when it comes to coaching,he really does think he`s up there with teuchal,pep and klopp hence the changes he makes every game,in his world he`s a master tactician in reality he`s a decent bloke but poor coach/manager who would get a better performance from his players if he just did the simple stuff and keep the same team whenever possible

• Like 2