BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Quite clearly when and if there is news to be given out they will. Quite clearly AT THIS POINT there is nothing to report!

The last time there was news to be given out they didn't do anything. It was down to a Rovers fan spotting an application on the Ribble Valley planning portal.

Why would this time be different?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

How confident are you that it is 150 acres and not 130 ? and was the price 2.8 million

https://mapio.co.uk/detail/19374001/

Good spot Perth. If there is indeed a purchase on the cards this will clearly be it. This came on the market a couple of months ago and adjoins the Junior academy site at the bottom end of Brockhall. It would actually be perfect for developing everything on one site and expanding / improving the facitilities as Waggot claims he wants to do. The senior site could then be closed / disposed of with no 50% downsize as he tried to sneak through 1st time round.

It would actually all make sense in an ideal world. Though how are we expected to believe we are going from a 50% downsize and cost reduction excersize, to what would be new expanded 150 acre + facility? Something just does not stack up.

This will need to be treated with the utmost caution until we detailed plans.......and even then with Waggots track record we'd need to be very wary indeed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

It seems more likely to me, that having failed to progress their original plan to sell half of Brockhall, Waggot and Co and

presumably the owners, are having another go with a different plan.

Cute to use Rovers fans to help spread the "good"news for them.

Cue the bit were they have to sell the STC they transferred off the books first and move the whole operation to the academy whilst the other site gets prepared...😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Quite clearly when and if there is news to be given out they will. Quite clearly AT THIS POINT there is nothing to report!

OK NO NEED TO SHOUT, ITS RATHER RUDE. The secrecy is an issue and portraits an image of mistrust, just like the initial Brockhall house building plan. They would be much better off coming out and saying this is what we intend to do. We will buy Brockhall to stave off FFP and then we will purchase land in the region to build a new training centre. Acting in this manner would build trust, they all know the fans are extremely sceptical of them and saw the first attempt as a money making exercise, so by publicly stating their intentions a more transparent and trustworthy impression is created. Instead they have told a couple of fans what they intend to and nothing more. This was always going to leak and is whether you like it or not going to be viewed as further subterfuge. Fans have every right to be cautious with Venkys and our CEO given everything that has gone on, but now magically all has changed, and yet the reality indicates nothing has. Their approach is highly flawed, and supposed business men should know this, but they carry on in the same vain expecting different results, what's that the definition of?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Good spot Perth. If there is indeed a purchase on the cards this will clearly be it. This came on the market a couple of months ago and adjoins the Junior academy site at the bottom end of Brockhall. It would actually be perfect for developing everything on one site and expanding / improving the facitilities as Waggot claims he wants to do. The senior site could then be closed / disposed of with no 50% downsize as he tried to sneak through 1st time round.

It would actually all make sense in an ideal world. Though how are we expected to believe we are going from a 50% downsize and cost reduction excersize, to what would be new expanded 150 acre + facility? Something just does not stack up.

This will need to be treated with the utmost caution until we detailed plans.......and even then with Waggots track record we'd need to be very wary indeed.

And finally. A reasoned response with thought and foresight as to what the future MIGHT look like instead of utter bunkum conspiracy theories

Its a bit like buying a house, you dont go shouting about it to all and sundry you wait until the deal is signed sealed and delivered.

This deal has been in negotiation for some time and is well down the line. 

I suspect there is all sorts to actually sort out, dot the I's and cross the T's and all that as well as any forward planning, use of land, proposed plans etc etc.

I dont see anything underhand, I dont see bad advice being offered in fact, it totally makes sense and is a potentially fabulous future investment.

Someone mentioned about it being a fantasy having a home grown team, well Manure did it many years back along with added stars. Their team spine was all home grown players and there is no reason why Rovers cannot go some way to replicating it, look at our U18's who are flying and who are reportedly attracting interest from the biggest clubs around.

I see it as a positive. I haven't been sweet talked nor am I a plant and I wasnt handed the info from anyone inside the club as some where!

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Despite the negativity on here about this, a purchase of 150.2 acres of land doesn't sound like a downsize to me !

You seem very keen to provoke at the moment and shoot down any signs of "negativity" about a rumoured proposal that you seem very reluctant to do anything but vaguely hint at with cryptic clues.

Surely the best thing to do would either be to reveal what you know and how you know or hold off for now.

You also seem hell bent on making us all out to be negative doomsayers, after the last 11 years can you really blame people for assuming the worst? What you are hinting at seems somewhat unusual/unnecessary and is on the back of failed cutbacks fresh in peoples minds. Plus your sudden wave of optimism seems to be on the back of meetings with Waggott.

• Like 3

Talking Riverside, a stand where I did my apprenticeship as a baby faced Rovers fan in the 70's before being initiated into the Blackburn End, just what would anyone suggest as to what could be done to it?

I personally don't see the need to splash millions on a new stand, it is always half empty (maybe more) and as it stands it appears to be suffice for those fans who like to sit in the stand albeit the facilities may not reflect in the other stands.

I dont see a hotel being appropriate, I mean facing a green hill and trees isn't the most attractive outlook neither is a supermarket and there is definitely no need for other corporate services.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Talking Riverside, a stand where I did my apprenticeship as a baby faced Rovers fan in the 70's before being initiated into the Blackburn End, just what would anyone suggest as to what could be done to it?

I personally don't see the need to splash millions on a new stand, it is always half empty (maybe more) and as it stands it appears to be suffice for those fans who like to sit in the stand albeit the facilities may not reflect in the other stands.

I dont see a hotel being appropriate, I mean facing a green hill and trees isn't the most attractive outlook neither is a supermarket and there is definitely no need for other corporate services.

Put the away fans in there.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The recent carrot dangling on here about radical changes at the club had me believing that the structure at the top was about to be dismantled and a new one brought in. To hear the news that they are buying some land in the Ribble Valley has honestly left me underwhelmed. We have an Academy that works as evidenced by the number of players currently in the first team squad. It's been said many times that the Academy has been the one redeeming feature of the last decade so for me it they are spending money it should be on areas where there has been massive under investment. I would rather see the money spent on improving the Riverside, the ground in general or spending on a real promotion push next month.

Badly advised again?

We can only hope that is the case, as like you, I was also hopeful of that. Although the team are performing at the minute, I think most of us know that we will get more of the same stuff served up for the last 5 years, unless there really is a big overhaul.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You seem very keen to provoke at the moment and shoot down any signs of "negativity" about a rumoured proposal that you seem very reluctant to do anything but vaguely hint at with cryptic clues.

Surely the best thing to do would either be to reveal what you know and how you know or hold off for now.

You also seem hell bent on making us all out to be negative doomsayers, after the last 11 years can you really blame people for assuming the worst? What you are hinting at seems somewhat unusual/unnecessary and is on the back of failed cutbacks fresh in peoples minds. Plus your sudden wave of optimism seems to be on the back of meetings with Waggott.

In answering your post RF99.

I am not provoking anyone and indeed trying to dispel the negativity - especially on here - is sometimes necessary. I will give you some examples:

Pears - "waste of money, time and effort", "poor keeper" "useless and only bought because he is a relative of TM" - well faff me, his few appearances and performances have all shot down that load of crap.

Buckley - "poor player, too small, not a footballer, shouldn't be in the team, needs replacing etc" - again likes AP, his performances have dispelled a lot of the claims made by some elements of the fans base.

Transferring ownership of the STC - "shocking, being sold for this that and the other" - well even footballing experts alongside the club can see the reasons why it was done, yet some fans still claim there is ulterior motives behind it even more so when the club have outlined what they did and the reasons why.

Selling Armstrong and the fee received being eaten/handed to Venkys or whatever - He had to go because he wanted to go and had refused to sign his new deal. Rovers made a handsome profit on his sale and there can be no criticism held on the club. There are fans who still claim the money has gone missing, it hasnt, its in the club funds as operational finance.

Downsizing, defunding and cut backs - again, some fans are constantly rattling on about these topics and its all based on speculation and nothing more. 

Kits - poor commercial sense etc - I am in full agreement that commercially, Rovers have been poor for a long time, even going back to the days of Beamo. Its an area of Rovers operations that always seems to be a shocking indictment on those who manage it. This year, we saw out kits, as good as they are, selling like hot cakes and indeed, some are no fully sold out and YET some dare to criticise because they cant get a shirt at Xmas. In this area, Rovers have sold more shirts this season than they ever have in the last 7 or 8 years. This shows an element of good business models and a return for the outlay to Macron.

Can you see why we try and dispel negativity? It breeds faster than this bloody virus has done and when you compare it to the positive signs it still wins because there are those who refuse to look at things objectively settling for nonsensical comments.

Even as some titbits are being found by any number of supporters about the alleged purchase of a significant piece of land some fans just cannot see behind their negative thoughts rather than looking at the reasons why Rovers might just be looking to expand and improve on their academy which is thriving and will undoubtedly support the club in the future.

Finally in answering your last comment about negative doomsayers, yes you are right, people can reflect on bad decisions made over the years, relegations, kean and co, the list is endless BUT at the same time, in looking at how things have and are continuing to change, on and off the park, it is those same people who refuse to take an objective look relying on the same old negativity meaning it still lingers.

My optimism has absolutely nothing to do with chatting and meeting with people at the club, it is about my perspective on looking what I have learned, opinions and views of others, listening to what is actually occurring inside the club and then making informed decisions along with those who are actually involved in the football operation.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

There’s no need to ‘dispelled negativity’. Every different poster has a different view, it’s not worth overthinking to that degree.

Any sense of superiority from anyone on here needs to stop as it’s just turning into baiting and getting very old, very quickly.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 13:18, CambridgeRover said:

Honestly get rid of Gallagher, split his contract to a three way boost to nyambe rothwell lenihan 

Absolutely, obviously no lessons have been learned in the past from giving out inflated contracts to mediocre dross or players getting past their best like Evans Bennett Downing  and Graham and subsequently not having the funds to retain our better players.

Gallagher should be written off as a bad job. Ludicrous to be committing funds to saddling ourselves with him for an even lengthier period when we seemingly can't tempt the out of contract trio or BBD to sign new deals.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

In answering your post RF99.

I am not provoking anyone and indeed trying to dispel the negativity - especially on here - is sometimes necessary. I will give you some examples:

Pears - "waste of money, time and effort", "poor keeper" "useless and only bought because he is a relative of TM" - well faff me, his few appearances and performances have all shot down that load of crap.

Buckley - "poor player, too small, not a footballer, shouldn't be in the team, needs replacing etc" - again likes AP, his performances have dispelled a lot of the claims made by some elements of the fans base.

Transferring ownership of the STC - "shocking, being sold for this that and the other" - well even footballing experts alongside the club can see the reasons why it was done, yet some fans still claim there is ulterior motives behind it even more so when the club have outlined what they did and the reasons why.

Selling Armstrong and the fee received being eaten/handed to Venkys or whatever - He had to go because he wanted to go and had refused to sign his new deal. Rovers made a handsome profit on his sale and there can be no criticism held on the club. There are fans who still claim the money has gone missing, it hasnt, its in the club funds as operational finance.

Downsizing, defunding and cut backs - again, some fans are constantly rattling on about these topics and its all based on speculation and nothing more. 

Kits - poor commercial sense etc - I am in full agreement that commercially, Rovers have been poor for a long time, even going back to the days of Beamo. Its an area of Rovers operations that always seems to be a shocking indictment on those who manage it. This year, we saw out kits, as good as they are, selling like hot cakes and indeed, some are no fully sold out and YET some dare to criticise because they cant get a shirt at Xmas. In this area, Rovers have sold more shirts this season than they ever have in the last 7 or 8 years. This shows an element of good business models and a return for the outlay to Macron.

Can you see why we try and dispel negativity? It breeds faster than this bloody virus has done and when you compare it to the positive signs it still wins because there are those who refuse to look at things objectively settling for nonsensical comments.

Even as some titbits are being found by any number of supporters about the alleged purchase of a significant piece of land some fans just cannot see behind their negative thoughts rather than looking at the reasons why Rovers might just be looking to expand and improve on their academy which is thriving and will undoubtedly support the club in the future.

Finally in answering your last comment about negative doomsayers, yes you are right, people can reflect on bad decisions made over the years, relegations, kean and co, the list is endless BUT at the same time, in looking at how things have and are continuing to change, on and off the park, it is those same people who refuse to take an objective look relying on the same old negativity meaning it still lingers.

My optimism has absolutely nothing to do with chatting and meeting with people at the club, it is about my perspective on looking what I have learned, opinions and views of others, listening to what is actually occurring inside the club and then making informed decisions along with those who are actually involved in the football operation.

Which 'footballing experts' would they be then? Remember - just because you have lots of followers on Twitter doesn't mean you are qualified or an expert.

As I say - the Club has earned the distrust and suspicion. They can prove me wrong.

Although the purchase of land referred to above might appear to be ideal there remain substantial obstacles - like access, flooding and most importantly where/how we are going to be able to erect large buildings and floodlights required given the very strict planning regulations in that part of the world.

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Christ, you must be dizzy after all that spin.

Some 'dare' to criticise terrible stock management resulting in lost revenue indeed. I wonder why...must be impertinence and negativity. They should just take a trip in your spin machine and all will be well.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Christ, you must be dizzy after all that spin.

Some 'dare' to criticise terrible stock management resulting in lost revenue indeed. I wonder why...must be impertinence and negativity. They should just take a trip in your spin machine and all will be well.

Dizzy? lets see. Spend thousands up front, sell a few, have a little spurt at Xmas time and come February have thousands of shirts in the cub having to be sold at less than half price and even some of that stock will be in the store next season. Yes your view makes total business sense NOT!

No business ever bought over stock to sell it at a loss within a 12 month period.

Edited by 1864roverite

Got to say, there has been a lot of triumphalism about Pears lately, even though I don't recall anyone really defending him before (heck some of my comments were probably the closest I can think of).

But the truth is, he has been steady but well protected. None of his saves have really been ones where I'd have been ok with it going in. Even the Bournemouth one on one was hit straight at him. He has done everything asked of him, and done it well, and you can't ask any more than that. But people talking, especially on FB, like he is as good as Kaminski need to calm down and assess him rationally as he gets more games (if he does). It's just been a few games, and he hasn't done anything spectacular unless I missed it when a stream went off or something. His best save so far was in his first game, and he only had to make it so well because he was out of position.

I think TM may still plan to loan him out in Jan for experience and loan in someone else. For once I think that plan works as long as the finances make sense and it costs us nothing or almost nothing overall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

A new Riverside would bring a plethora of benefits to the Club over time.

The existing stand has a large number of restricted view seats and also the first 7-8 rows are uncovered meaning people get wet. A new stand would remove those issues. At present disabled fans have to sit in the rain at below pitch level. A new stand could provide a good number of elevated and sheltered disabled areas. I understand that if we were ever promoted to the Premier league there are now strict rules in place on the number of disabled seats a club must provide, which is why United lost seats at Old Trafford and the Dingles had to spend money building those horrible corner structures. A new Riverside incorporating these facilities would avoid the need for rushed work if promoted especially if that meant losing seats in the other 3 stands.

I also understand that there are even more strict media requirements which the existing TV gantry and media room in the JW stand would probably be insufficient for. A new Riverside could provide these with ease.

Then there's the aesthetics. The ground looks lopsided and let down by the Riverside which itself was a cheap job in the first place, the accoustics would be much better if the walkway at the front was built over and the stand moved up closer to the pitch. For those who sit in the stand it would avoid the need to get wet through going to the toilet or kiosks at half time.

Then there's non-matchday benefits. Depending on how big you wanted to go there is no limit really to the amount of space in the stand that could be opened up to other revenue streams. A hotel is one option - not many people visit Blackburn for the views and I don't think a Riverside hotel would be any worse than looking onto Whitebirk roundabout or Darwen services.

I suppose what it comes down to is there is no cost cutting or cash raising when building a new Riverside. It would require cold hard investment from the owners up front with no immediate guarantee of a return.

Contrast to the training ground activity where we have a juicy estate in the Ribble Valley prime for housing to get rid of and the cash from that can more than cover the costs of obtaining an alternative and throwing up some inferior facility and the difference goes elsewhere.

• Like 1