BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And it matters one iota if a few dozen folk are ‘negative’ on brfcs.com, as long as fans get behind them at grounds, (which they certainly do) because?

Because it ruins any potential for reasonable discourse? 

I’m surely not alone when I close the tab down because I’ve been told I have  “my head up my arse” for the umpteenth time?

Daren’t share half my own views these days because it’s just not worth the hassle.

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Because it ruins any potential for reasonable discourse? 

I’m surely not alone when I close the tab down because I’ve been told I have  “my head up my arse” for the umpteenth time?

Daren’t share half my own views these days because it’s just not worth the hassle.

Sorry, I’m talking about how on Earth this little place impacts the club/the team which was 1864s insinuation.

The fact brfcs can be hard work as a user due to some people being unable to debate is a different issue, and I don’t disagree…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

In answering your post RF99.

I am not provoking anyone and indeed trying to dispel the negativity - especially on here - is sometimes necessary. I will give you some examples:

Pears - "waste of money, time and effort", "poor keeper" "useless and only bought because he is a relative of TM" - well faff me, his few appearances and performances have all shot down that load of crap.

Buckley - "poor player, too small, not a footballer, shouldn't be in the team, needs replacing etc" - again likes AP, his performances have dispelled a lot of the claims made by some elements of the fans base.

Transferring ownership of the STC - "shocking, being sold for this that and the other" - well even footballing experts alongside the club can see the reasons why it was done, yet some fans still claim there is ulterior motives behind it even more so when the club have outlined what they did and the reasons why.

Selling Armstrong and the fee received being eaten/handed to Venkys or whatever - He had to go because he wanted to go and had refused to sign his new deal. Rovers made a handsome profit on his sale and there can be no criticism held on the club. There are fans who still claim the money has gone missing, it hasnt, its in the club funds as operational finance.

Downsizing, defunding and cut backs - again, some fans are constantly rattling on about these topics and its all based on speculation and nothing more. 

Kits - poor commercial sense etc - I am in full agreement that commercially, Rovers have been poor for a long time, even going back to the days of Beamo. Its an area of Rovers operations that always seems to be a shocking indictment on those who manage it. This year, we saw out kits, as good as they are, selling like hot cakes and indeed, some are no fully sold out and YET some dare to criticise because they cant get a shirt at Xmas. In this area, Rovers have sold more shirts this season than they ever have in the last 7 or 8 years. This shows an element of good business models and a return for the outlay to Macron.

Can you see why we try and dispel negativity? It breeds faster than this bloody virus has done and when you compare it to the positive signs it still wins because there are those who refuse to look at things objectively settling for nonsensical comments.

Even as some titbits are being found by any number of supporters about the alleged purchase of a significant piece of land some fans just cannot see behind their negative thoughts rather than looking at the reasons why Rovers might just be looking to expand and improve on their academy which is thriving and will undoubtedly support the club in the future.

Finally in answering your last comment about negative doomsayers, yes you are right, people can reflect on bad decisions made over the years, relegations, kean and co, the list is endless BUT at the same time, in looking at how things have and are continuing to change, on and off the park, it is those same people who refuse to take an objective look relying on the same old negativity meaning it still lingers.

My optimism has absolutely nothing to do with chatting and meeting with people at the club, it is about my perspective on looking what I have learned, opinions and views of others, listening to what is actually occurring inside the club and then making informed decisions along with those who are actually involved in the football operation.

You keep mentioning the negative role that speculation plays, surely you aren't helping with such cryptic clues such as the below:

"Thing is, its not just me who knows something about it, there are quite a few others who know some of the plans, know most of the plans and know a little less of the plans!"

"I know a tad more about the specifics of this transaction"

"When the details of a major transaction for Rovers break in the very near future there will be uproar from those who have no understanding of what is going on at Ewood"

It just comes across as ITK willy waving, it isn't helpful because as seen with that last example it is done with an agenda to try and provoke people or at least put down and look down upon people who you deem to not know as much as you do. By all means share as much as you can, but be aware that if you are going to drip feed and do the whole ITK nonsense, then you will provoke people.

Regarding player evaluations, we are on a Rovers messageboard whereby people will comment on player performances as they go by. Pears was really poor in his first few games, remember him running out of his net and conceding after 9 seconds v Reading or letting one slip through his body in the Cup. Yet after a couple of clean sheets (not the busiest and not without the occasional heart in mouth moment but 3 or 4 crucial saves and certainly contributed well to those shut outs) he has received lots of praise. When Buckley first broke in he looked lost, people commented on the games as they went past and he looked out of his depth. This season he again has got so much praise for growing into a regular key role in the side. Whats the problem? Can people not criticise a player if they dont look up to it in case they improve in the future? 

And yes, people have the right to moan if they cant get a bloody Rovers shirt at Christmas, there of course will be external issues and pressures but we are missing out on potential income by having supply massively under levels of demand. Your defence of such a situation is to quote massive hypothetical numbers to try and make out as if it is totally out of the clubs hand, and ignore the fact that other clubs dont seem to share our troubles which happen every year! To suggest that having people unable to get a shirt for christmas is part of a good business model is laughable.

Im not sure what your last paragraph even means in that it seems to massively contradict itself. You say that you haven't become positive off the back of talks with people in the club, yet imply that actually you have. Otherwise, where else is this information come from? 

People are going to always be skeptical when judging owners that have put us through continuous pain since they burdened us with their ownership.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You keep mentioning the negative role that speculation plays, surely you aren't helping with such cryptic clues such as the below:

"Thing is, its not just me who knows something about it, there are quite a few others who know some of the plans, know most of the plans and know a little less of the plans!"

"I know a tad more about the specifics of this transaction"

"When the details of a major transaction for Rovers break in the very near future there will be uproar from those who have no understanding of what is going on at Ewood"

It just comes across as ITK willy waving, it isn't helpful because as seen with that last example it is done with an agenda to try and provoke people or at least put down and look down upon people who you deem to not know as much as you do. By all means share as much as you can, but be aware that if you are going to drip feed and do the whole ITK nonsense, then you will provoke people.

Regarding player evaluations, we are on a Rovers messageboard whereby people will comment on player performances as they go by. Pears was really poor in his first few games, remember him running out of his net and conceding after 9 seconds v Reading or letting one slip through his body in the Cup. Yet after a couple of clean sheets (not the busiest and not without the occasional heart in mouth moment but 3 or 4 crucial saves and certainly contributed well to those shut outs) he has received lots of praise. When Buckley first broke in he looked lost, people commented on the games as they went past and he looked out of his depth. This season he again has got so much praise for growing into a regular key role in the side. Whats the problem? Can people not criticise a player if they dont look up to it in case they improve in the future? 

And yes, people have the right to moan if they cant get a bloody Rovers shirt at Christmas, there of course will be external issues and pressures but we are missing out on potential income by having supply massively under levels of demand. Your defence of such a situation is to quote massive hypothetical numbers to try and make out as if it is totally out of the clubs hand, and ignore the fact that other clubs dont seem to share our troubles which happen every year! To suggest that having people unable to get a shirt for christmas is part of a good business model is laughable.

Im not sure what your last paragraph even means in that it seems to massively contradict itself. You say that you haven't become positive off the back of talks with people in the club, yet imply that actually you have. Otherwise, where else is this information come from? 

People are going to always be skeptical when judging owners that have put us through continuous pain since they burdened us with their ownership.

The bit on bold is what I have been trying to say. Thanks for doing it so succinctly!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Where in central Blackburn would they find a site covering 150 acres?

Yes I'm interested in people who think it should in Blackburn area where could it go and how big would the site be?

6 hours ago, Gav said:

We don't need a new plot of land, we need promotion to the Premiership, this season, we'll possibly not have a better chance than this.

Get the players signed to new deals and give the manager significant funds, anything else is a distraction, probably intentional too. 

Mowbray said on this the other week and he said it’s not a case of a few pennies, we’re looking at a sizeable difference between demands and what the club are willing to pay. Need a compromise on both ends.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Talking Riverside, a stand where I did my apprenticeship as a baby faced Rovers fan in the 70's before being initiated into the Blackburn End, just what would anyone suggest as to what could be done to it?

I personally don't see the need to splash millions on a new stand, it is always half empty (maybe more) and as it stands it appears to be suffice for those fans who like to sit in the stand albeit the facilities may not reflect in the other stands.

I dont see a hotel being appropriate, I mean facing a green hill and trees isn't the most attractive outlook neither is a supermarket and there is definitely no need for other corporate services.

I agree on the no need for another hotel in Blackburn and not in Ewood Park. I wonder how big the hotel would be and how many seats they would be for fans in the stand. 

Supermarket in the Riverside stand I don't see the need when you got every supermarket already in the town and in a better location. Plus Parking would be massive issues on match days. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on the no need for another hotel in Blackburn and not in Ewood Park. I wonder how big the hotel would be and how many seats they would be for fans in the stand. 

Supermarket in the Riverside stand I don't see the need when you got every supermarket already in the town and in a better location. Plus Parking would be massive issues on match days. 

Have you been to the Bolton stadium with an hotel built into the stand?  It's very successful

Have you been to Wigan which is slap bang in the middle of a retail park?

Small minded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

On your bike, I’ve been in since the early 1960’s. Put them in the upper tier of the Blackburn end and close completely the Darwen end.

Putting away fans in the Blackburn end upper, is not practical. Whereas putting them in the Riverside is do-able. Why shut down a relatively new stand in the Darwen end, when if needs be, the delapidated Riverside could be closed.  

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I also understand that there are even more strict media requirements which the existing TV gantry and media room in the JW stand would probably be insufficient for. A new Riverside could provide these with ease.

I believe that the Media area at Ewood Park and Senior Training Centre is good quality for PL standard after speaking to Journalist friend who using the current facilities we have at the club

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlueBro said:

Good spot Perth. If there is indeed a purchase on the cards this will clearly be it. This came on the market a couple of months ago and adjoins the Junior academy site at the bottom end of Brockhall. It would actually be perfect for developing everything on one site and expanding / improving the facitilities as Waggot claims he wants to do. The senior site could then be closed / disposed of with no 50% downsize as he tried to sneak through 1st time round.

It would actually all make sense in an ideal world. Though how are we expected to believe we are going from a 50% downsize and cost reduction excersize, to what would be new expanded 150 acre + facility? Something just does not stack up.

This will need to be treated with the utmost caution until we detailed plans.......and even then with Waggots track record we'd need to be very wary indeed.

Good post, one would hope it's a case of the owners stepping in and attempting to do the job properly as opposed to Waggott's original poorly researched, back of a fag packet, pie in the sky scheme.

That said I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him and as long as he is still here I would never underestimate the potential for him to get involved with and profit from a property deal before disappearing into a happy retirement leaving BRFC with diddly squat.

As far as the query as to whether a new training complex is really top of our list of priorities given the already excellent existing facilities I'd, I'd tend to agree it isn't. However spending on infrastructure is exempt from FFP so it is theoretically a chance for the owners to demonstrate their stated commitment to the Club without affecting the amount they're allowed to inject under FFP rules.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Show some bloody cajones and ambition Mowbray. Last I heard he was still employed as manager of Blackburn Rovers FC not as Ben Brereton's agent.

Should be saying that if it were up to him the player would be going nowhere and you don't succeed by flogging off your best players half way through a promotion campaign.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Taraa Ben.   You were slated and slagged off all over the place and in particular on this MB.  Both you and Rovers will be criticised if / when you go.  You could not make it up.  Hypocrisy rules ok.

Good luck when you go.  You came good and gave us something to be proud of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Show some bloody cajones and ambition Mowbray. Should be saying that if it were up to him the player would be going nowhere and you don't succeed by flogging off your best players half way through a promotion campaign.

How is that possibly Mowbray fault! He said that its up to the owners but he would like to think that he will at least be here for the season.

Your desperation to protect the owners from criticism has now led you to give the owners no responsibility for the potential downgrading of our academy (if it was Waggott trying to pull a fast one whilst they were unaware, he would not be in employment once they did find out) and already blaming Mowbray for a lack of "cojones" if it transpires that Venkys sell our key player mid season in a promotion push.

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maja sign for us on loan in Jan. He was in the building on deadline day only for the deal to collapse last minute (injury?). 

A loan with a view hopefully as I think he has a lot of potential. 

He still hasnt played all season due to injury, what will have changed?

3 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Taraa Ben.   You were slated and slagged off all over the place and in particular on this MB.  Both you and Rovers will be criticised if / when you go.  You could not make it up.  Hypocrisy rules ok.

Good luck when you go.  You came good and gave us something to be proud of.

It is specificially stated that he hasnt asked out. If he did go though, it would be a professional moving up a division and for a massive wage increase as anyone would in his position.

My anger would lie at the feet of the owners if it was to happen. It would be beyond a lack of ambition and short sightedness.