BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Brereton is sold in January, baring in mind that Mowbray has said that its not his decision. Would you blame him anyway or Venkys, and if the latter, would that renege upon your "2 more years to prove they are fit owners" pledge?

I would blame the owners but by the same token I wouldn't expect our manager to be seemingly coming out in support of the player moving either.

This is the trouble with a lot of managers not just Mowbray, they have such an over inflated opinion of their ability in the transfer market they think they can sell their star player then replace him with 2 or 3 players for half the price and improve the team overall. It rarely if ever works out.

As for the second part of your question hell yes. Islander has nailed it above, we received the £16m for the Training ground exercise in the last FFP cycle and the Armstrong money in this one. There should be no need to sell at all before the summer and to sell him in January if we're still in 3rd or 4th would be indefensible.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe that the Media area at Ewood Park and Senior Training Centre is good quality for PL standard after speaking to Journalist friend who using the current facilities we have at the club

The studio in the JW stand hasn't been used for years as all broadcasts use a studio off site. I don't know what facilities your journalist friend uses but I don't think it will include the studio in the JW stand by the DE corner flag. My understanding was that the studio we have would struggle to accommodate the ever increasing requirements of broadcasting from the ground.

I notice you didn't respond to the point about the inadequate disabled facilities and the need to provide better if we were to get to the Premier League and even if we didn't have to we should still be looking to do so to improve things for those who need those facilities.

Edited by JHRover

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe it’s an acceptance of the reality of being a town team club breeding success on the park yet just not enough to guarantee promotion to the money laden Premiership 

I'm sure you have previously been steadfast in your belief (apologies if I'm wrong) that

a) We have a contract extension in our favour on BBD.

b) Said extension will be activated by the Club

and

c) He will not be sold in January.

Has something happened to change your stance on the above?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You can tell that you have been spending too much time with Waggott. 4th in the league, closer to 2nd than 7th, 4 wins on the bounce and not even the level of ambition to at least keep our squad together until the end of the season, putting our "town" club down, lets be happy where we are. There is never a guarantee of anything but we are as in a good a place as weve been for a while and youd be content to just give up half way through.

Its not even as if its now or never to sell him, by all means if we dont go up and he wont sign, then sell him in the off season when we have the time to rebuild, thats if our owners give us any of that money although the usual "its all FFP's fault" cheerleaders will be out in force regardless.

Publically waving him off? He basically said that its not his decision but that he would like to think that he can at least stay the season.

So wrong again

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I was just pointing out the reality - and something that the money men in the club will have to consider. Even as a fan - I can see how the injury to Dack just prior to his supposed big money move has had an impact on the club finances.

12 months previous to that we turned down a big money bid from West Brom for Dack confirmed by the West Brom assistant at the time Graham Jones.

The move your on about wasnt reported by the media it was said on here by JB and has manifasted itself into gospil on here(sorry jb i have no doubt you were told it but you have said a few things that havent come to fruition)

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm sure you have previously been steadfast in your belief (apologies if I'm wrong) that

a) We have a contract extension in our favour on BBD.

b) Said extension will be activated by the Club

and

c) He will not be sold in January.

Has something happened to change your stance on the above?

Not at all I just accept that this is reality of our situation like other clubs in the league jewels will be sold to high bidders no matter what your position unless you have parachute cash or fabulous income which we don’t have not to mention low crowds etc 

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not at all I just accept that this is reality of our situation like other clubs in the league jewels will be sold to high bidders no matter what your position unless you have parachute cash or fabulous income which we don’t have not to mention low crowds etc 

Do you think selling one of our better players at this point in the season will do anything to increase those crowds ?

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Putting away fans in the Blackburn end upper, is not practical. Whereas putting them in the Riverside is do-able. Why shut down a relatively new stand in the Darwen end, when if needs be, the delapidated Riverside could be closed.  

3 hours ago, booth said:

Bizarre!

Haaaaaaaaa suckers 

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Sell in the summer then.Ffp isnt a concern with the money brought in and the budget slashing  in the last 12 months.

The owners say they are "committed to getting the club back to the premier league" well selling your top scorer in the midst of a promotion push isnt the commitment i want to be seeing 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its not an easy decision for the club and for the player who might want to move to that club. We don't know what the owners are thinking and as been reported that Brighton aren't in talks with us about signing him

I set out my viewpoint on Saturday Morning after some time to think. Did you even read it?

It is a perfectly easy decision. January is a bad time to do business and so a sale of our star player even if by some miracle the owners allowed money to be reinvested would not be value for money and would not be conducive to a promotion push in the second half of the season.

I bet if we head onto Fulham or Bournemouth pages they aren't discussing the merits of selling Mitrovic in January - because there aren't any - they are serious about promotion and know their best chance of delivering it is by retaining their best players.

The player will be told that if he wants to leave he can do so in the summer if we don't get promoted.

That might mean we get less for him than in January. It might mean we get more if he continues to fire in goals every week. But it is a price worth paying to try and sustain a promotion push because the reward for succeeding vastly outweighs what we might get for him.

We have been told since day 1 that the owners want promotion and will back the club to achieve it. Lets see if they are serious. I'm afraid a sale of our leading goalscorer in this position will show that they aren't.

I'm glad you have confirmed where the Armstrong money went - to avoid an embargo last summer (not that we needed to given our recruitment) and that this will keep us out of an embargo moving forward.

So if we sell Brereton or don't spend any money once again in January what will your excuse be then? FFP again?

• Like 4

Is it possible that Diaz himself could turn down a move in January in order to stay and try to finish the job off? Or is that being too optimistic?

I don't expect us to keep him beyond next summer, but he could decide to see this season out with us if we are still in a good position to go up. Seeing him celebrate with the fans at full time on Saturday, he was buzzing and seemed genuinely happy. Would he want to walk out now, midway through a campaign where he has been on fire? I'm not sure.

I get that an opportunity may arise that he can't turn down, but we would most likely be asking him to wait for 6 months until the summer. The money men will have the Dack injury and the missed fee from West Brom at the forefront of their minds though, so they will be encouraging any bids of £20m + for him next month.

Would Fulham or Bournemouth consider selling Mitrovic or Solanke in a few weeks time? Would they heck as like. So why should we when there is no need to sell? We will find out what the owners level of ambition is soon enough (as if we didn't already know).

Right.

Terminate clarkson and Poveda’s loans.

Sign Balogun/Maja on loan.

Sign an actual right wing back - Esteves.

Loan out Butterworth, Stergikias and Magloire.

Leaving us with:

GK: Kaminski, Pears, Eastham

Rb/RWB: Nymbe, JRC, Esteves

CB: lenihan, Wharton, van hecke, Ayala, Carter, Johnson

LWB: JRC, Edun, Pickering

cm: Travis, Rothwell, Buckley, dack, davenport, Johnson, edun

Winger/striker (the two up top): Gally, Diaz, Dolan, Khadra, balogun/maja

simple!

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maja sign for us on loan in Jan. He was in the building on deadline day only for the deal to collapse last minute (injury?). 

A loan with a view hopefully as I think he has a lot of potential. 

So long as he isn't an injury risk. We have enough of them.

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Please not the pathetic town club trope. Not when fourth division clubs (to my mind) like Brentford, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton have made it to the Premier League in recent years

And in terms of pure finance, how many other "town" Clubs have multi billionaire owners who supplement the Club's income by c £20m p.a. ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And in terms of pure finance, how many other "town" Clubs have multi billionaire owners who supplement the Club's income by c £20m p.a. ? 

And how many have owners who show such sustained contempt and disregard for their hastily acquired business, who lack any clear connection to the long-standing community of supporters who care passionately about 'their club' or who show such total and utter ignorance of the basic tenets of the game of (professional) association football suggesting they have learned NOTHING in their 11 year, near on £200 million experiment as owners?

That's right - only one set of faceless, clueless, hapless goons - the ones from Pune.

Why do they continue this baffling association with the club? Nobody knows, and far too many are afraid to challenge it in case of an existential challenge to Blackburn Rovers. However, they have a motive (only they know) and nobody - not even a bloody multi-billionaire - spends £20 million a year unless there is some clear rationale for doing so. Time to fess up, Venkys! Time to FESS UP or FECK OFF!!

Oh, and Merry Christmas, you deluded billionaire buffoons! We just want our club back 😉

COYB & BOYB! (Come On Ye Blues, and Bog Off Ye Buffoons!) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Out of those clubs only Bournemouth have a lower average home crowd than us. Rovers home average is 12000 even Bradford hammer us hands down with a crowd average ours is the 5th worst in the division because our divided fan base means some will not come to the ground even if we have billionaire owners! Look across the football spectrum and ask why we don’t see our corporate boxes used very often? Why are we lacking in sponsorship ? Why would sky want to out a Rovers game in tv in a ground with no atmosphere when 9k are in a 32k all seated ground ? It’s the main reason why Rovers don’t have a huge cash flow other than the supplemented income from the owners and player sales that’s the reality ! We are not the club of 20 yrs ago we have no Jack walker we have no solid footballing board and we have a divided fan base which adds to the detriment of the club. There are numerous bad owners throughout football however that clubs fans have remained behind the team Newcastle Forest Birmingham Sheff Wed Portsmouth Swindon Bradford Ipswich Blackpool Bolton are all examples yet our own fans or some of them refuse to back the team come what may and that’s the sad part. I am sure that if the fans returned to back the team it might create a whole different picture rather than a scenario that says if they can’t be bothered why should we?

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Out of those clubs only Bournemouth have a lower average home crowd than us. Rovers home average is 12000 even Bradford hammer us hands down with a crowd average ours is the 5th worst in the division because our divided fan base means some will not come to the ground even if we have billionaire owners! Look across the football spectrum and ask why we don’t see our corporate boxes used very often? Why are we lacking in sponsorship ? Why would sky want to out a Rovers game in tv in a ground with no atmosphere when 9k are in a 32k all seated ground ? It’s the main reason why Rovers don’t have a huge cash flow other than the supplemented income from the owners and player sales that’s the reality ! We are not the club of 20 yrs ago we have no Jack walker we have no solid footballing board and we have a divided fan base which adds to the detriment of the club. There are numerous bad owners throughout football however that clubs fans have remained behind the team Newcastle Forest Birmingham Sheff Wed Portsmouth Swindon Bradford Ipswich Blackpool Bolton are all examples yet our own fans or some of them refuse to back the team come what may and that’s the sad part. I am sure that if the fans returned to back the team it might create a whole different picture rather than a scenario that says if they can’t be bothered why should we?

Hmm, but isn't the key difference the fact that Rovers supporters are fans of the club, but the Loons from Pune aren't (indeed they don't even seem to know anything about football, never have, never will presumably). For all their wealth, business acumen and bling, they have no worthwhile connection to Blackburn Rovers in the way that you, me or any other of the keyboard warriors on here certainly display.

And so, for me, they can feck off. Now.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

More criticism of our own fans. Sick of it. None of those clubs had Venkys as owners but I know this---if they had they wouldn't have sat back and taken it like our happy clappers.

Returning to back the team just gives Venkys assistance to make more disastrous decisions. While they are here many will never come back and nobody should be surprised at that.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Are you just going to deliberately overlook the reason people aren’t going to the games? Spoiler alert- it’s because of Venky’s mismanagement of the club.

Also- corporate boxes being empty for years- you’ve guessed it, that’s also down to Venky’s mismanagement of the club….

• Like 8