BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's purely your own subjective opinion though because you don't rate RN.

If Rovers do indeed have a relatively modest wage cap of £15k  by Championship standards I'd say RN is definitely worth that or thereabouts as a senior member of the squad.

You would no doubt disagree because you don't rate him as highly. 

Has Steve Waggott asked you to come on here and consistently run RN down because talks "have gone stale"?

If you genuinely think you’d pay Ryan Nyambe in-line with the top earners at the club then it’s time to just close this convo down. You’ve either lost the plot or you’re his agent!

The post from 1864 is measured and believable. It’s not a million miles off what SW said to me after the Sheff U game. As oppose to your love in, Nyambe ramblings.

Can we just agree to disagree?

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Nyambe has been solid enough this year but this Zeefuick fella looks an ample replacement. 

Nyambe clearly doesnt want to stay, wont lose any sleep over it. 

Rothwell would be a much bigger loss imo.

you can replace lenihan and nyambe fairly easily,rothwell gives the team a cutting edge,unless dack comes back the same player(i doubt it tbh)then i think we`ll struggle to find someone,it`s vital to keep him imo

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not prepared to divulge what I have been told, and no it’s not SW or from anyone inside the club, nor is it an itk source on here, paper, media or speculative, it’s from sports legal circles and that will forever remain undisclosed. He isn’t on a fabulous ‘footballers’ salary but the figures now quoted are way off from what Rovers value and are just not realistic. 

It’s slightly different stories with 2 others and as I understand some albeit small, movement has been made either way and work continues whereas the talks with RN are stale. 

That’s all I am prepared to say on this matter but it seems as though Rovers may have drawn the line with his advisors who think they are somehow able to make these unrealistic demands because if they do expect the alleged salary they are in for a shock and to note, not a single club has come in for him YET and I suspect any similar clubs like us will also baulk at the demands. Add this to the fact he is very injury prone and you can see why !

I hope he does sign but I won’t cry if he finds himself out of the team because we have invested.

190 appearances for the club having just turned 24 isn’t bad for someone who is “very injury prone”. Rankin Costello would need to add 150 appearances to his career total by the end of next season to get near Nyambe’s games ratio.

Pickering is out with a hamstring issue for the second time this season, and he’s already featured less than the very injury prone player… maybe hamstring issues are just an occupational hazard for a Mowbray fullback?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

All speculation. We dont know what he is demanding or what he is on. Im guessing that Nyambe hasnt told you directly so no one can be sure if any rumours are true regarding those figures.

Have you seen much of Zeefuik to be able to suggest that he will easily probably replace Nyambe? 

No, never seen him in my life. But I’ve seen enough of RN to know we’ll replace him VERY easily. Don’t get me wrong, he’s decent. But that’s it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No, never seen him in my life. But I’ve seen enough of RN to know we’ll replace him VERY easily. Don’t get me wrong, he’s decent. But that’s it.

aye,he`s good defensively but in the modern game you need to be good going forwards as well,this is where ryan lacks that extra

• Like 1

Surprised nobody has given any consideration that Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell might not be signing because of money?

Perhaps they might be thinking the club Is lost and isn’t going anywhere?

Perhaps they might (rightly or wrongly)  think they are premier quality?

Perhaps they’re surprised just how well we are doing and are thinking lets just see out it all pans out?
Perhaps they don't like Mowbray and co ... who knows?

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Measured and believable as in as cryptic as possible, revealing no information at all? 

What’s your obsession with this? Chill out - bloke can post what he wants. If you take him up on it that’s on you but unless posters fecking Harvard reference their source you are all over it

There’s enough pure wild speculation on here. It’s footy. If he claims to know it from somewhere then who gives a god damn. Believe it or don’t - he doesn’t have to reveal any info, doesn’t need to post anything really, just be thankful you have posters who may know something you don’t. At the end of the day if you believe it that’s on you

Was once a time people used to post all sorts on here - it’s what got me into the site - but blokes like you just drive people away demanding revealing sources and all sorts of crap like they will do. Was a lad called bbrovers or something a while ago and the same happened to him. It never used to happen, and you’re the main culprit, stop it

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

Apparently Bild reported that Hertha are willing to entertain bids of 3.5 million Euros for Zeefuik.

If that's the cost of buying him in the summer, we had better think he is a LOT better than Nyambe. Because that cost, likely with high wages, versus the likely wage cost of giving Nyambe a deal he will sign, factoring the loss of asset value for him leaving for free...there's a huge difference there. Unless we intend to sell Nyambe now for a similar price.

• Like 2

It’s all very well saying this Dutch lad can replace Nyambe and Souttar can Lenihan. Maybe Hedges is coming in for Rothwell also. It takes time to assimilate a player into the team and get them used to our style. Assimilating three players is even more of a ask. I appreciate we can’t make players stay who want to leave but wiser councils need to get involved in this.

• Like 2

Dutch lad I met travelling is an avid Ajax fan and his response to the right back was “built like a beast, not really great though, not bad but not great” - apparently failed at Ajax

Then again he also didn’t know who Captain Van Hecke is and once told me Ooijer was crap 

Source: Dutch lad I met travelling 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Apparently Bild reported that Hertha are willing to entertain bids of 3.5 million Euros for Zeefuik.

If that's the cost of buying him in the summer, we had better think he is a LOT better than Nyambe. Because that cost, likely with high wages, versus the likely wage cost of giving Nyambe a deal he will sign, factoring the loss of asset value for him leaving for free...there's a huge difference there. Unless we intend to sell Nyambe now for a similar price.

So we may aswell just have given Ryan a decent pay rise and know what we got.🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What’s your obsession with this? Chill out - bloke can post what he wants. If you take him up on it that’s on you but unless posters fecking Harvard reference their source you are all over it

There’s enough pure wild speculation on here. It’s footy. If he claims to know it from somewhere then who gives a god damn. Believe it or don’t - he doesn’t have to reveal any info, doesn’t need to post anything really, just be thankful you have posters who may know something you don’t. At the end of the day if you believe it that’s on you

Was once a time people used to post all sorts on here - it’s what got me into the site - but blokes like you just drive people away demanding revealing sources and all sorts of crap like they will do. Was a lad called bbrovers or something a while ago and the same happened to him. It never used to happen, and you’re the main culprit, stop it

He hasnt revealed any information though.

I have not denied that he can post what he want and indeed ultimately the main discussion point is about Nyambe, what to do with him and how easy it would be to replace him. He has in my opinion exaggerated Nyambe's weaknesses and underappreciated his abilities, but appreciate that he has as much right to an opinion as I do.

The problem is that he is using Nyambe's supposed speculated demands as a major part of his argument. Even if he knows the exact figures that Nyambe is demanding, which as confidential information I would be amazed about, he is (understandably) unwilling to share that therefore it shouldnt be used as a further stick to beat Nyambe with. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Very easily on a very limited budget to replace a full back playing a considerable part in being 2nd in the league? 

Pickering is regularly used as an example of comparison, now even if you take as a given that they are at least of equal quality, albeit very different players. Pickering had a particularly low release clause otherwise im sure Crewe would have demanded much more. Players who could have such an impact certaintly arent available "very easily."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dutch lad I met travelling is an avid Ajax fan and his response to the right back was “built like a beast, not really great though, not bad but not great” - apparently failed at Ajax

Then again he also didn’t know who Captain Van Hecke is and once told me Ooijer was crap 

A Chelsea fan/big gob once laughed out loud when we signed Le Saux, and gave us endless grief about how terrible he was.

Needless to say we had the last laugh.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

190 appearances for the club having just turned 24 isn’t bad for someone who is “very injury prone”. Rankin Costello would need to add 150 appearances to his career total by the end of next season to get near Nyambe’s games ratio.

Pickering is out with a hamstring issue for the second time this season, and he’s already featured less than the very injury prone player… maybe hamstring issues are just an occupational hazard for a Mowbray fullback?

Pickering doesnt have 6 months left on his deal if he had maybe we would be discussing his injury issues.

I agree with parts of your earlier reply.I agree that Nyambe is a better defender than Pickering.But performance levels have been similar this season, they have both had poor games and both had good games.I think potentially Nyambe could play at a higher level than Pickering if he becomes more competent in the final third but i think currently Pickering is better suited to the game the manager is asking the team to play.Pickering for me has got better the more games he played,he had come from a mediocre league one side in Crewe i think that has to be taken into account when judging his earlier performances.I wasnt one of the folk bigging up his signing,id heard of him but seen next to nothing of him,i heard them discussing hin on a efl transher special on sky.

I know nothing of this potential signing but seems to have a decent pedigree and if the club feel Nyambe wont sign a new deal its a good move getting this fella in on loan wirh an option.Out of interest what would you be offering max to tempt Nyambe into a new contract?

Currently i would be offering 10/11/12 i wouldnt go further than that.His game needs to improve for clubs to be paying a fee that would warrant more than that.

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You'd have thought that it would have been "very easy" to replace Amari Bell as well (who isn't a patch on RN)

Then we ended up with Barry Douglas.....

Without even getting into the farce that saw Raya being sold and replaced by the abysmal Christian Walton.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He will only have been 20 when he left Ajax, and only played 6 times for them. Who knows how much of him he saw at Groningen, and probably hasn't seen him for Hertha at all. 3 years of development between 20-23, a player can change a lot. Besides, whilst the Dutch league isn't outstanding, Ajax fans, used to European competition, probably have a higher standard than we're looking for. Cheers for passing it on though.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You'd have thought that it would have been "very easy" to replace Amari Bell as well (who isn't a patch on RN)

Then we ended up with Barry Douglas.....

Without even getting into the farce that saw Raya being sold and replaced by the abysmal Christian Walton.

Not only would you have thought it, but it was said, repeatedly and by numerous posters (not by me), how easy it was to replace and improve on both players. Meanwhile we thought Armstrong would be extremely difficult to replace (that one I did say) and yet we ended up doing it without even signing a new player!

Point is, replacing players with better ones is a crap shoot, and mid-season sitting 2nd in the league is a poor time to attempt it.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If you genuinely think you’d pay Ryan Nyambe in-line with the top earners at the club then it’s time to just close this convo down. You’ve either lost the plot or you’re his agent!

The post from 1864 is measured and believable. It’s not a million miles off what SW said to me after the Sheff U game. As oppose to your love in, Nyambe ramblings.

Can we just agree to disagree?

Of course we can agree to disagree.

I have to say I don't place any weight whatsoever on what you say about RN as you're another one who has Waggott's confidence. Therefore whilst your view might be the same one held as the one held by Waggott and Mowbray, in my view it's completely the wrong one.

• Like 1