BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Fine him and then sack him for gross misconduct and whilst that process is ongoing let him train in his own away from the club 

If only Carlsberg did football clubs.......😉

Rothwell clearly doesn't think we've much chance of going up wanting to jump ship like this, does he know something we don't. 

Edited by Gav

The clubs stance on Rothwell makes it win win for me.

If we can’t get the two top midfielders in who Mowbray wants then Rothwell stays and gives 100%. There’s no scenario where Rothwell stays and tosses it off because he’d basically be taking cash out of his own pocket. A poor end to the season into the summer would change everything for Joe.

My advice, sit back and let’s see what we can do between now and tmrw at 11pm.

Im actually more concerned about getting a forward in along with Hedges and some midfield cover for the ones we’ve got, whether Rothwell goes or not!

• Like 4

I think we have to trust TM's judgement on this.  

Let's not forget that he's taken JR from obscurity to the chance of playing in the EPL.  He knows the player, his motivations and how he conducts himself.  No-one here knows very much at all about what's been going on, including some apparently well-placed sources who, understandably, told us there was no way JR would leave.  

A small number of months ago I would be far less forgiving, but TM has us SECOND in the league with this small group of young players.  

So, for now, we have to trust TM to get us the best deal.

(PS he was right on Downing, Mulgrew and Graham).

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I didn't take his comments to mean they had specific targets in mind, I took it he was referring to a hypothetical situation.

I’ve listened to the clip a few times and I think he’s being very specific about the two he wants. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Refusing to abide by the contract he has signed

We don't know what's happened exactly, if all that is happened is he's asked if he can speak to another Club he's not in breach of his contract.

If the Club said no, and he's gone ahead and done it anyway that would be different.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The clubs stance on Rothwell makes it win win for me.

If we can’t get the two top midfielders in who Mowbray wants then Rothwell stays and gives 100%. There’s no scenario where Rothwell stays and tosses it off because he’d basically be taking cash out of his own pocket. A poor end to the season into the summer would change everything for Joe.

My advice, sit back and let’s see what we can do between now and tmrw at 11pm.

Im actually more concerned about getting a forward in along with Hedges and some midfield cover for the ones we’ve got, whether Rothwell goes or not!

Can't disagree with any of that albeit my preference would be to stick with the tried and trusted that has got us this far.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think we have to trust TM's judgement on this.  

Let's not forget that he's taken JR from obscurity to the chance of playing in the EPL.  He knows the player, his motivations and how he conducts himself.  No-one here knows very much at all about what's been going on, including some apparently well-placed sources who, understandably, told us there was no way JR would leave.  

A small number of months ago I would be far less forgiving, but TM has us SECOND in the league with this small group of young players.  

So, for now, we have to trust TM to get us the best deal.

(PS he was right on Downing, Mulgrew and Graham).

Correct. With 40 years experience in football Mowbray will have come across this sort of thing before and will have a good idea of the best way to deal with it. Certainly we can trust his judgement over that of the owners, whose first demonstration of their "knowledge" of football was to fire Allardyce and appoint Keane.

• Like 2

We can give lots of scenarios,

1. A number of players wanted loan moves august and this month, but were told then and now, no despite them not getting game time. Do we freeze these out? Do we get on their case?

2. Mulgrew was told he wouldnt play and was totally gobsmacked when club accepted wigan loan offer, he never asked to leave. Returned to club, trained like a real pro, but was never considered again.

3. Nelsen was frozen out, everyone told injured for the lomg term, sold 24 hours later lined up for spurs 72 hours later.

4. Salgago - frozen out

5. Rhodes denied move, stayed another 12 months, played and scored.

6. Gestede wanted to leave in January, stayed til summer, continued to perform with credit

7. Sutton wanted out the season before he went.

Many of the above was not made public at the time, but came out long after the event.

Club has gone public to force this through.

There is always different sides to a story and so many players will be sat there tomorrow around the country wondering where they will be Tuesday. If their move does not happen for any particular reason, they will likely line up for their current clubs come saturday 

Rothwells situation is not unique, its just football

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Neither do you den.

I think the fact that he was left at home and this has been put in front of the fans suggests the idea that he’s fine about staying until the end of the season is wrong. It also suggests that the club chasing him haven’t said they’re prepared to wait either. Not that they would in all likelihood.

but no, I’m guessing like the rest of us. The pointers I see tell me he’ll leave. They tell me we should let him go as long as there’s good money involved but as 1864 says, I doubt it is as much as some have suggested. 

As always, it’s loaded in the players favour.

• Like 1

Always difficult not knowing Rothwell as a person or being in the same room and hearing both sides of the conversation when TM's having his managerial chat, so we can't be certain he will knuckle down. Probably already been said but we don't want a Duffy situation. At the moment Rothwell's an unwanted distraction. He probably hasn't trained for a while, hasn't been with any other Rovers players and will be listening/thinking about others such as Duffy & Raya who left to premiership clubs.

Just hope this gets sorted quickly and if he stays he does knuckle down or if he goes we get welcome replacements and not end-of-transfer-window casualties. In Tony we trust, we have to.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know what's happened exactly, if all that is happened is he's asked if he can speak to another Club he's not in breach of his contract.

If the Club said no, and he's gone ahead and done it anyway that would be different.

Rev my response was aimed at the query of him refusing to play 😅 I can see both sides of the argument however it has or appears to have put strain in the team the club and the fans

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Hedges confirmed

Trying to extract from my brain last time Rovers announced a new signing on a sunday? and i'm struggling.

Nice pick up this, cheap, low risk and a body in the building when we are desperate for them.

No pressure on the player, and decent length of contract

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

We can give lots of scenarios,

1. A number of players wanted loan moves august and this month, but were told then and now, no despite them not getting game time. Do we freeze these out? Do we get on their case?

2. Mulgrew was told he wouldnt play and was totally gobsmacked when club accepted wigan loan offer, he never asked to leave. Returned to club, trained like a real pro, but was never considered again.

3. Nelsen was frozen out, everyone told injured for the lomg term, sold 24 hours later lined up for spurs 72 hours later.

4. Salgago - frozen out

5. Rhodes denied move, stayed another 12 months, played and scored.

6. Gestede wanted to leave in January, stayed til summer, continued to perform with credit

7. Sutton wanted out the season before he went.

Many of the above was not made public at the time, but came out long after the event.

Club has gone public to force this through.

There is always different sides to a story and so many players will be sat there tomorrow around the country wondering where they will be Tuesday. If their move does not happen for any particular reason, they will likely line up for their current clubs come saturday 

Rothwells situation is not unique, its just football

Don't be so rational Glen.

Where can we build the effigy of Rothwell to burn before the next home game if he's still here?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Some people need to distance themselves from the suggestion of a £6m deal for Rothwell, no club would ever offer such a price when his contract ends 30/6/22

If he was a free agent the club who signs him would have to pay a huge signing on bonus/agent fee, they often end up paying just as much as they would have if they bought him. It’s not as simple as what you’re saying.

I’ve always thought Rothwell had a problem fitting in with the group. I remember Dack coming back from injury last year and scoring at Ewood, Rothwell didn’t even acknowledge him in the celebrations, just kinda evil eyed him in the background. Some of his own celebrations have been meek too. 

Another thought, as a USA expat, I highly doubt a move to Chicago could be done in 24/48 hours with visa paperwork etc.

• Like 3