BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

The only saving grace is that Rothwell is dealing with Venkies. He’s going nowhere. If him and his agents idea is that they will hold Venkies over a barrel by refusing to play he must have not understood anything in his time here.

See you Tuesday Joe

Yep. Looking most likely unless he fancies the American dream (but then his missus will need to forget any Towie dreams).

To be a fly on the wall in the changing rooms come Tuesday morning. Enjoy it, Joe mate.

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand Luke Freeman on Rovers' radar with offer tabled around the £0.5million mark.

Not worked for the lad at SU, contract up in summer and Mowbray a previous admirer.

Makes sense. We, apparently, made a £4.5m bid for him hours before shelling £7m on Brereton.

At 500k he could turn out to be a shrewd bit of business. He has shown his class in this division before, just hasn't worked out for him at Sheff Utd.

Rothwell is either incredibly naive / stupid or very thick skinned. Surely he must know that a move to Bournemouth, and if that hypothetically propels them to promotion and derails our chances, means he will be detested by Rovers fans for the rest of his career. He must know the recent history of our club and how this seems very much a ‘now or never’ chance of getting back to the PL and securing the foreseeable future of the club. 

He will also surely be derided by his Rovers team mates. Usually a transfer is just a transfer and not taken personally by the other players. However this is different. This is potentially the only shot most of our players will get at playing in the PL. As well as career progression, the financial impact for the other players, and the potential for them and their families to be made for life, cannot be underestimated! Notwithstanding the venkys promotion bonus! 

When I first posted this rumour on here on Friday I genuinely hoped it was nonsense! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. Looking most likely unless he fancies the American dream (but then his missus will need to forget any Towie dreams).

To be a fly on the wall in the changing rooms come Tuesday morning. Enjoy it, Joe mate.

The thing is all the players are professionals. The best outcome for everyone if Rothwell stays, is that the Rovers get promoted. If we need Rothwell to achieve that, then the rest of the team have to accept that at work. Away from work he might be ostracized.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

The only saving grace is that Rothwell is dealing with Venkies. He’s going nowhere. If him and his agents idea is that they will hold Venkies over a barrel by refusing to play he must have not understood anything in his time here.

See you Tuesday Joe

But unless I've missed something there has been no mention of Rothwell refusing to play? Mowbray said himself that it was his decision not to select him for the squad

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So you'd let him go even if it was logistically impossible to get anyone else in in time would you?

Will you be booing him if he's still here Tuesday morning?

Yes I would even if we couldn’t get a replacement, a sulking player is not what we want in our team at this stage of the season

And no I wouldn’t be booing him..

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, bluefred said:

Yes I would even if we couldn’t get a replacement, a sulking player is not what we want in our team at this stage of the season

And no I wouldn’t be booing him..

I thought Mowbray said 'It was a Joe decision'?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

No idea who this guy is but seems to be a journo of some sorts. Fair few other tweet saying similar. 

He’s usually bang on, unfortunately.

This would be INSANE from us. As for Rothwell then he’s a little rat.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

If he wants a prem move then fine. If it’s Bournemouth then we have to hold firm and say there is no chance he goes to a promotion rival at this stage of the season. 

hoping Brentford come in with a bag of money tomorrow. 

• Like 1

If the LT article is accurate, this saga should basically be over immediately.

He isn't interested in Chicago Fire, and there is absolutely no way we should sell anyone to a direct promotion rival for anything less than absolutely ludicrous money (I'd put it at 10+ million in this case frankly, which won't happen).

Tell him it's not happening and he can either man up and give his all, or sabotage the quality of the move he will get in the summer.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

No idea who this guy is but seems to be a journo of some sorts. Fair few other tweet saying similar. 

Ooooft 🤬

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s usually bang on.

This would be INSANE from us. Jesus Christ.

I will be absolutely fucking furious with that. I wouldn't sell for 3 million to a team that don't directly compete with us, let alone to the main fucking team we are competing with right now!!! If Mowbray forces the owners to accept that he has gone right back to being a fucking moron.

Better have an exceptional replacement lined up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

He’s usually spot on. Probably £3m at least. Disappointing nonetheless, but if Freeman and a younger player comes in to replace him then I’ll accept it and move on. Scott Twine looks like a good prospect. 

1 minute ago, david brent said:

Rothwell is either incredibly naive / stupid or very thick skinned. Surely he must know that a move to Bournemouth, and if that hypothetically propels them to promotion and derails our chances, means he will be detested by Rovers fans for the rest of his career. He must know the recent history of our club and how this seems very much a ‘now or never’ chance of getting back to the PL and securing the foreseeable future of the club. 

He will also surely be derided by his Rovers team mates. Usually a transfer is just a transfer and not taken personally by the other players. However this is different. This is potentially the only shot most of our players will get at playing in the PL. As well as career progression, the financial impact for the other players, and the potential for them and their families to be made for life, cannot be underestimated! Notwithstanding the venkys promotion bonus! 

When I first posted this rumour on here on Friday I genuinely hoped it was nonsense! 

I'm not sure that he will. Of course Rovers fans won't be impressed but that's about all there will be to it. A few nasty social media posts or jeers when he comes to Ewood. Doubt there will be any repercussions among the players. 

This Venkys 'promotion bonus' will have been in his deal since the day he joined Rovers - contractually unless the players have signed new deals since the start of the season incorporating increased bonuses then they will only be due what they were entitled to when they signed their original deals. All clubs and all contracts will have promotion bonuses. 

Lets look at it another way.

Maybe on £6,000-7,000 a week at Rovers and due to expire in the summer. Waggott probably offering him 'improved' terms of an extra £500 a week to sign a 3 year deal with an option of an extra year in the club's favour. 

Bournemouth offering him £16,000 a week, signing on fee and 4 year deal. £10,000 a week extra, £2 million over the life of the contract.

Obviously those are just rough estimates of what we might be dealing with here but the point remains that had we gone to him with a £10,000 a week offer some time ago before this season's progress then there's a good chance it would have been signed and sealed and none of this happening. 

Looking beyond the finances of course there may be other issues in play - he or his partner may fancy moving to a different part of the country but more importantly here I suspect is an element of unhappiness at how Rovers have conducted themselves and behaved during the contract saga. I think something happened later last season and bridges were burned. Since then I think he has been counting down the days and playing for a move.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

If it really is Bournemouth, Rothwell can foxtrot oscar, then when he arrives at his destination, he can foxtrot oscar again.

Utter madness from him to leave us for them at this time. Also madness for the club to even consider selling to a promotion rival too, no matter what the money. 

If this is true, it’s little wonder Mowbray was fuming yesterday when asked.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
Just now, CheshireRover said:

What’s the betting he has a knock around April 30th?

I’m sure there’d be plenty willing to knock him out, if he goes to Bournemouth.

• Like 1