BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Clearly Rothwell’s burnt his bridges and Mowbray would rather him gone regardless of which club he ends up at. Shocking.

For all those wanting to skew this to blame Venky’s or Mowbray, Rothwell has downed tools and essentially forced us to sell to our nearest promotion rivals. There’s only one villain in this.

There will be Bournemouth fans reading this thread pissing themselves and frankly so would I in their position. All I’d say is that it took us three years to get a worthwhile season out of him and he will screw you over at the first opportunity. Glad to see the back of him.

Yep, he can dribble the ball right into defenders legs and be a greedy/lazy bastard for them instead, with the odd glimpse of quality every couple of games.

• Backroom

There’s a real risk that all the air will be sucked out of the room on deadline day and totally derail our season 

We just can’t be selling a player to a promotion rival 

• Like 5

Rothwell about to go down as one of the great villains.

I could understand the desire to go to a premier league team (which he could if he waited 6 months) but to Bournemouth. Nah that's a snake move.

Problem is I wouldn't sell him to Bournemouth for anything. Venkys don't want to sell but mowbray is taking the pragmatic view. Really hard to see a way back for him if his move doesn't go through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

“The lads a good player and his position is a key part of our shape.”

So why have other players been offered better paid contracts that what he has been offered? Do you think it’s fair he develops for 4 years to become an integral part of our team, being one of the main reasons we are challenging, and yet still can’t get to the pay level of a player who contributes less like SG. Does he not deserve better than that?

That’s all devils advocate of course and we’ve no idea what is happening. However as far as we known the lad hasn’t said he won’t play and we don’t know he won’t give 100% and yet he’s being slated and called an arsehole.

Lucas Neil got the same shit despite the fact the club and fans knew for 18 months in advance what he was going to do and he never gave less than 100% in that final year. 

The only caveat to that is that the money Neil would have been on and the money these three will have been offered will bear no resemblance whatsoever  to each other in comparative terms.

Still think Lucash was a greedy barsteward and completely out of order.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Rothwell about to go down as one of the great villains.

I could understand the desire to go to a premier league team (which he could if he waited 6 months) but to Bournemouth. Nah that's a snake move.

Problem is I wouldn't sell him to Bournemouth for anything. Venkys don't want to sell but mowbray is taking the pragmatic view. Really hard to see a way back for him if his move doesn't go through.

Stays or goes, he is the new Derek Dougan - handed in a transfer request on the morning of the 1960 cup final, but actually stayed for another 12 months…

• Like 1

It is frustrating because Bournemouth are a nothing club. They got up last time breaking the rules and stomaching the fine. Then after a few years barely treading water, lacking any ambition except survival, they are back down. No promotion for them this season will see them have to sell their players and it won’t be long before they are back where they belong. 

Are we really supposed to buy the rumour his Mrs is the root cause of it? I don’t. He has a responsibility to the lads around him - you know, the ones like Trav who have bust their arse off for years covering him whilst Joe is allowed to play the fast and loose game that he does. If I was in his team I’d be messaging him now, demanding answers and would have no second thoughts of admonishing him on social media. This team is full of lads who have come through our academy and might be the crop of youngsters to put us back where we belong. Here is this bloke who couldn’t give two shits wanting to jump ship to our direct rivals. They had better be angry. 

He should take a look at Lenihan and Nyambe. Yes their contracts up and they are waiting to see if they get the Prem call but they have put 150% into everything. Darragh was a rock against Boro and Luton. Playing on after a bust nose at Boro and throwing his body everywhere he could be Luton. If they go in the summer the fans will love them for what they gave us, and we would Rothwell too. As it happens it appears his “PREFERRED choice” is to go and help out the team we are battling. Fuck him. If I was Mowbray I’d put him with the kids, get a replacement in on loan and make him watch whilst we have the season of our lives. This could better serve us for motivation - Rothwell doesn’t think this squad can make the Prem otherwise why else would he want to go before the summer? He’s a coward 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Clearly Rothwell’s burnt his bridges and Mowbray would rather him gone regardless of which club he ends up at. Shocking.

For all those wanting to skew this to blame Venky’s or Mowbray, Rothwell has downed tools and essentially forced us to sell to our nearest promotion rivals. There’s only one villain in this.

There will be Bournemouth fans reading this thread pissing themselves and frankly so would I in their position. All I’d say is that it took us three years to get a worthwhile season out of him and he will screw you over at the first opportunity. Glad to see the back of him.

If we sell him to Bournemouth, only one person will have screwed us over, Tony Mowbray.

Less so if he goes to a PL team but I still wouldn't sell £2-£4m weighed up against a minimum £190M over 3 years (Inc parachute payments even if we came straight back down.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Replacement options not lined up’. Well that doesn’t surprise me! He simply cannot go unless that changes - do not do another Arma. 

Yeah, we got proper lucky that Diaz stepped up and randomly hit 20goals before Xmas but that was completely unpredictable.

We won't get that lucky again that Davenport or some random U23 kid will just make the step up and fill the void.

If he's going, we better have a permanent replacement lined up and ready to go.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Rothwell can't force us to sell him if the owners aren't interested in selling and the club can't line up the replacements necessary. I'd rather pay him to sit at home doing nothing for the next five months than sell him to Bournemouth of all teams for £3m. 

Regardless of what happens it seems that Rothwell is done here and we've seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt. It's hard to see a way back for him even if he stays, especially with team mates liking social media posts critical of him. Although we also had the likes of Dack and Butterworth liking posts about us getting beat 7-0 by Fulham on social media, so not sure how much weight that stuff really carries.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's one of the few Twitter journo's who is actually decent. Generally spot on with transfer stuff.

If our replacement is a loan from wolves, I'll be fuming.

Mowbray said yesterday about selling and replacing with 2 23/24 year old championship quality players. So, make sure the fax machine is turned on!

Also, Rothwell going to Bournemouth is a proper bridge burner 🖕

Tbf Giles is definitely Championship quality. Highest assists in this league until he was recalled on 3rd Jan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Replacement options not lined up’. Well that doesn’t surprise me! He simply cannot go unless that changes - do not do another Arma. 

Doesn't surprise me either.

What was it Jimmy612 was saying that Park should be sacked if we haven't lined up replacement options?

This saga will make or break our season. Ryan Giles has very good reviews from Cardiff fans - though I would prefer a perm move.

I would like us to make a push for Morgan Gibbs-White, I believe he was linked earlier in in the window. That would be a genuine upgrade. 

• Like 2

Ryan Giles is a good player, would be a very good loan. Question would be when Pickering is fit, can they both fit in the same team?

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Having reflected on this overnight I am even more of the view that Mowbray is completely out of order on this one.

We cocked up initially by not attending to the players Contracts at the appropriate time, but, given our position in the League and what's at stake, the owners quite correctly imo decided not to compound the error and stipulated that no-one was leaving this month under any circumstances.

Mowbray completely undermined that stance with his interview. He's hung Rothwell out to dry and alienated the fan base against him. We don't even know Rothwell has refused to play, but Mowbray has created the impression that might be the case when it may not even have happened.  It's not Rothwell's fault either if other Club's leave it late to make a bid for him. Mowbray could have stuck with the "he's injured" line and by Tuesday the whole thing would have been forgotten and the entire story would have been next week's chip paper.

If I was the other two I'd be fuming as well. They probably haven't followed through with any attempt to leave this month because they took the Club at their word that no-one would be allowed to leave this month. Now, as soon as there's a bit of interest in Rothwell, Mowbray performs a complete U turn, hangs the player out to dry and seems to be doing his best to go against the owners wishes and force the player out of the door. They'll be wondering why they didn't attempt to force the issue as well. 

The Club should be sticking to the stance they've taken throughout the window of no sales. Not performing a last minute U turn when it's too late to bring suitable replacements in.

Your dislike of Mowbray is throwing any balanced opinions out of the window. He went into detail about Rothwell and how he totally understands the situation, it can lead to a huge pay rise, there are family reasons and he quadrupled his wages as a player with a transfer so showed empathy. He has not hung Rothwell out to dry.

The owners should place total trust in the manager. If he thinks the best thing to do is to sell and bring 2 in, they should trust him, if they don't trust him which wouldn't make sense based on this season, then they should employ someone who can be trusted. They should not allow their own petty stubbornness to overrule the manager.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Sounds like Bournemouth are signing Dembele. Did they ever really want Joe? Or just a tactic to unsettle a rival? I assume any interest is from a PL team at this point. 

Not the same position.

• Like 2

It will be Rothwell out for a few million and then a couple of loans and if lucky another cheap buy in.

Successful January for the bean counters delivering on the Venky cutbacks. Prove me wrong but anyone expecting serious business done at this late stage costing substantial cash clearly hasn't been paying attention.

Also find it interesting how quickly they can get Venky approval to sell someone - almost instantaneous if the Bournemouth deal is to be believed - yet when it comes to getting things done the other way the manager can't speak to them and it takes an age to get done. 

• Like 2