BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The game at their place will be one for Barnes then 😬

Seriously though, something we will have to get used to dealing with. Under VAR there is so little of that now in the PL because some camera picks it up and let’s the ref know.

I’d like it if he puts one on that centre half that did Gallagher. It was the sort of foul you used to see in amateur football years ago but very rarely in modern pro football with TV cameras. The linesman must have had his eyes painted on, he should have been watching for stuff like that. Their bloke picked on the right guy in Gallagher, he’s a big soft lad who wouldn’t have retaliated even if he could.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

H'field's manager resigned a couple of weeks ago. They are a club in crisis. Winning 1-0 there is like winning at Padiham. 

They’re going to do a Barnsley if they’re not careful. The midfield lad they sold to Forest was the best midfielder in the league for me last season 

• Like 4

• Backroom

Yeah, have to say Huddersfield looked really, really poor. Even with their "better" second half performance they still only had two shots the entire match and not a single shot on target. At home that is pitiful regardless of the opponent. 

Can't read too much into first day results but the signs aren't good for them. 

10 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

H'field's manager resigned a couple of weeks ago. They are a club in crisis. Winning 1-0 there is like winning at Padiham. 

I think they will suffer hangover there after playoff final failure. Plus a change of head coach. 

10 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Said we are top of the league said we are …

Only managed to see short highlights so far but from what I’ve heard and the stats it sounds like we absolutely dominated them. 70% possession, 16 shots and 5 on target to their 2 shots and none on target. I guess a fair complaint would be we only scored one and on another day could easily have dropped points having been in total control.

Of course every game won’t be like that but it’s nice to start with a win. On to Luton next. I’ll be watching out for how you do against QPR. 

You were good in the first half. Second half you play the situation and stop Huddersfield from coming alot more into the game after short good spell for them

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

How many people visit the front page? As in https://www.brfcs.com and how many people just jump straight into the forums?

If you do then you miss little things like the count-downs we've had running all summer, and into the new season, the latest one is a countdown till T' Classico, the East Lancs Derby ...

image.png.f33fe80f559d3ab5907c7ce4f8a00252.png

No countdown since you last beat us? 12 years, 4 months and 4 days if anyone was wondering 😬 - be over 12 1/2 years by the time we play leg one o’t crapico.

On a different note, I’ve now seen extended highlights of the game - as in a full recording 😂. Cullen looks like some player. Assuming that isn’t a one off I’m amazed we got him for around 3 million. I feel more hopeful now we could be in and around the shake up at the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

On a different note, I’ve now seen extended highlights of the game - as in a full recording 😂. Cullen looks like some player. Assuming that isn’t a one off I’m amazed we got him for around 3 million. I feel more hopeful now we could be in and around the shake up at the end of the season.

It's the hope that gets you

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

No countdown since you last beat us? 12 years, 4 months and 4 days if anyone was wondering 😬 - be over 12 1/2 years by the time we play leg one o’t crapico.

We should do a 'time elapsed since last major trophy' counter of the clubs involved in't crapico. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StubbsUK said:

How many people visit the front page? As in https://www.brfcs.com and how many people just jump straight into the forums?

If you do then you miss little things like the count-downs we've had running all summer, and into the new season, the latest one is a countdown till T' Classico, the East Lancs Derby ...

image.png.f33fe80f559d3ab5907c7ce4f8a00252.png

The absolute best countdown is the one at the bottom....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Why are we and Blackpool not ahead of Burnley in the table. Surely alphabetical order dictates that. 

Behind them on away goals scored as per the EFL Regulations below:

9.2  If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1  number of wins;

9.3.2  goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3  in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.