BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 hours ago, Zak said:

Just use one hand you can count the number of points you are behind the Clarets use them both and you can count the number of defeats you have suffered this season but soon you will have to use your feet as well. 😁

We'd need three hands to count that our number of wins is higher than yours (you'd be fine), which with the disparity between the two squads is incredible.

A constant injury list and thin squad since the season began will no doubt keep us inconsistent. It's heartening to know we're still in the automatics despite that.

• Like 1

Just now, Danny O.Brien said:

If they score first we are fucked. I can't remember the last time we come from behind to even draw never mind win a game. They look really good at the minute. I don't know what I'd prefer them to carry on unbeaten until we play, or for them to have a been in a lul and needing a reaction. 

We haven't even equalised in a league game since April, let alone actually earned a point! And in that game (Coventry) we still contrived to concede a 97th minute equaliser.

I'm not sure how much of it is mentality and how much tactics. Clearly we did nothing to change the game tactically at Coventry this time, but any adversity seems to sap the confidence of our team at the moment. It's a real worry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We haven't even equalised in a league game since April, let alone actually earned a point! And in that game (Coventry) we still contrived to concede a 97th minute equaliser.

I'm not sure how much of it is mentality and how much tactics. Clearly we did nothing to change the game tactically at Coventry this time, but any adversity seems to sap the confidence of our team at the moment. It's a real worry. 

I don't think the players are fit enough for two games a week.

Also the players must know they don't have enough firepower at the moment, especially when we have our only centre forward out. It must be a kick in the ass to think, now we have to score two. Easier to play with confidence when you have decent strikers in the squad.

2 hours ago, booth said:

Also the players must know they don't have enough firepower at the moment, especially when we have our only centre forward out. It must be a kick in the ass to think, now we have to score two. Easier to play with confidence when you have decent strikers in the squad.

And when do we throw in their extra day rest being home in the cup game as an advantage.  As always not sure which way it goes but JDT best have his ducks in a row.  I really want to win this one.

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

And when do we throw in their extra day rest being home in the cup game as an advantage.  As always not sure which way it goes but JDT best have his ducks in a row.  I really want to win this one.

Better fitness coaches, better squad... Other teams seem to manage.

JDT's only been here for months, hopefully it'll get addressed but clearly some players can't play two games in a week and we must be averaging an injury per game.

We could just be very unlucky.

6 hours ago, booth said:

18 and 19 year olds can't physically do it twice in 3 days.....week in week out.  Their fitness isn't in question, strength is the problem.  Bodies can't recover in time.

We need an experienced CM to back these lads up, sitting and allowing them the freedom without as much running back.  There's one or two knocking about..........🤔

• Like 6

• Backroom
On 03/11/2022 at 12:42, smiller14 said:

It's been a problem for quite literally years now so almost certainly a mentality issue. Something that needs to be fixed within the squad from the Mowbray years, else those players will need to be replaced in the medium-to-long term as realistically we aren't going to get anywhere if we don't have the ability to gain points after conceding the first goal. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

18 and 19 year olds can't physically do it twice in 3 days.....week in week out.  Their fitness isn't in question, strength is the problem.  Bodies can't recover in time.

We need an experienced CM to back these lads up, sitting and allowing them the freedom without as much running back.  There's one or two knocking about..........🤔

I wasn't just talking about the teenagers in the squad, and they aren't the ones getting injured every couple of games too. I have to question the coaches/doctors/treatment room as it's been going on for years now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

For next Sunday, it’s as obvious as the light of day - get the ball into their box with crosses at every opportunity. They look like rabbits in the headlights when the ball is in the air.

Need to play 3-4-1-2 

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain Travis Morton Pickering 

Szmodics 

Gallagher Brereton 

Cross at every opportunity and press them. If you don’t let them play they don’t have any idea what to do. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

For next Sunday, it’s as obvious as the light of day - get the ball into their box with crosses at every opportunity. They look like rabbits in the headlights when the ball is in the air.

Only watched the first half - but even then you could see that Sheffield could bully them. Their two wingers look good - so will need to keep them in check

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We have to make do with the best centreback In the championship.  (Hyam)

I’m watching Sheffield iFollow, they’ve just described Anel as “streets ahead of any other centre half in the league”. It’s funny the bias we have to our own players. From what I’ve seen, they’re right, although Hyam is very good. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Need to play 3-4-1-2 

Kaminski

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain Travis Morton Pickering 

Szmodics 

Gallagher Brereton 

Cross at every opportunity and press them. If you don’t let them play they don’t have any idea what to do. 

Their left back is shite, too. Put Gallagher on him for 90 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m watching Sheffield iFollow, they’ve just described Anel as “streets ahead of any other centre half in the league”. It’s funny the bias we have to our own players. From what I’ve seen, they’re right, although Hyam is very good. 

That's because they're ignorant.  They clearly don't watch hyam.  Anel is good but I wouldn’t say he's much better than hyam