BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

In reality, it means Burnley have ensured they can demand a decent wedge for his services.

Yep, if only our "management" had the same foresight with JDT, not sure he'd accept though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I hope he’s inserted a release clause 😀

One big factor is that he lives in the North West, his wife is a Mancunian, and his children are all settled at School. He never took the road to London as a player, so I'm not sure that Chelsea/Spurs would be to his liking ...

I'm fairly sure the contract would allow him to speak to City if the job becomes vacant, probably along the lines of, " We would want fair compensation, but we wouldn't stand in your way " ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

One big factor is that he lives in the North West, his wife is a Mancunian, and his children are all settled at School. He never took the road to London as a player, so I'm not sure that Chelsea/Spurs would be to his liking ...

I'm fairly sure the contract would allow him to speak to City if the job becomes vacant, probably along the lines of, " We would want fair compensation, but we wouldn't stand in your way " ...

I hope the release clause would be worded better that! 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Don't be so delusional.

Turn down Chelsea or Spurs to spend the next five years at t' turd?

What is it with these Dingles always thinking they're a massive club?

• Like 6

13 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I think you could be right.

If he goes to Chelsea or Tottenham, he gets the instant reward of bigger bucks and the possibility of competing for trophies.

However,  he also risks lowering his chances of getting the City job, because both those clubs will most likely chew him up and spit him out, and his star will be lowered.

14 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

The 5 year contract gives him and his family security so that when you're bottom of the PL in January, 17 points adrift of the club in 19th, he'll be well compensated when he gets sacked😉 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The 5 year contract gives him and his family security so that when you're bottom of the PL in January, 17 points adrift of the club in 19th, he'll be well compensated when he gets sacked😉 

I like your thinking - particular given at the end of January this year, the team in 19th only had 13 points 😁

• Like 1

On 07/05/2023 at 19:48, sympatheticclaret said:

Aye, if Chelsea or Spurs came along he'd never leave Burnley 🙄

2 hours ago, booth said:

Aye, if Chelsea or Spurs came along he'd never leave Burnley 🙄

If you go with the generally accepted premise that VK would eventually like to manage Manchester City, where they have built a statue of him, then there are many downsides to accepting the posts at Chelsea & Tottenham ... He would be Chelsea's 9th and Spur's 8th manager in the last 10 years. The one thing you don't get at those Clubs is time, owners and fans demand virtually instant success. I think we'd agree that Chelsea are in a mess at the moment, too many surplus players, squad are unfit, unhappy and underperforming ... Spurs may lose Kane in the summer and their defending is quite , what's the word " Spursey ? "

I suspect money is not really an issue for him, he completed an MBA whilst still a player at City, for example. Why take on a Spurs/Chelsea where if he falls short, he lowers his stock markedly ? Even if Burnley struggle next season, it'll hardly be a surprise given our resources, if we're mid-table or slightly below, VK's still doing great ! 

41 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

No one walks away from Burnley…they run as fast as they can 😁

Hmm ... how many managers have departed Ewood since Sean Dyche was appointed ? I believe it's 7, not including the 3 spells of caretaker managers. With Paul Lambert, I believe it was a rare case of the Club being fired by the Manager .....  

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

If you go with the generally accepted premise that VK would eventually like to manage Manchester City, where they have built a statue of him, then there are many downsides to accepting the posts at Chelsea & Tottenham ... He would be Chelsea's 9th and Spur's 8th manager in the last 10 years. The one thing you don't get at those Clubs is time, owners and fans demand virtually instant success. I think we'd agree that Chelsea are in a mess at the moment, too many surplus players, squad are unfit, unhappy and underperforming ... Spurs may lose Kane in the summer and their defending is quite , what's the word " Spursey ? "

I suspect money is not really an issue for him, he completed an MBA whilst still a player at City, for example. Why take on a Spurs/Chelsea where if he falls short, he lowers his stock markedly ? Even if Burnley struggle next season, it'll hardly be a surprise given our resources, if we're mid-table or slightly below, VK's still doing great ! 

Hmm ... how many managers have departed Ewood since Sean Dyche was appointed ? I believe it's 7, not including the 3 spells of caretaker managers. With Paul Lambert, I believe it was a rare case of the Club being fired by the Manager…..

In fairness, most of them shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Hmm ... how many managers have departed Ewood since Sean Dyche was appointed ? I believe it's 7, not including the 3 spells of caretaker managers. With Paul Lambert, I believe it was a rare case of the Club being fired by the Manager .....  

I'm not convinced by the Kompany to City theory. The chances are you will be bottom six in the Premier League and if (or when) Guardiola goes I don't think Kompany will have enough on his CV to qualify to manage City. Quite simply in my view keeping Burnley in the Premier League won't give him the qualifications needed to manage serial winners with huge expectations. I believe City will bring in a manager proven at Champions League level. It's not dissimilar to when Chelsea appointed Lampard on the basis of he was a club legend as a player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Again, you're living in a fantasy land there.

If he has any desire for the city job then he’s going to need more experience than a couple of years at a small time outfit like Bonleh. 

You think there wouldn't be a demand for instant success at city aswell? 

Come back down to earth please, you've won a very weak second division not the fucking champions league. 

Embarrassing stuff there SC.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Lest we forget, to Burnley fans football only began about a decade ago.

VK will go where the opportunities lie. You're kidding yourself if you think he'll save himself for City, a club doing exceptionally well without him and probably will for the foreseeable.

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Unless City lose their minds and do a sentimental appointment, Kompany is about 10 years off managing City, I’d say.

There are all those managers out there who have won proper trophies, City can appoint anyone they want, but to Burnley fans they'll want Kompany with his inflatable cup. I think you're safe lads. Be interesting to see how he fares in the big league.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Again, you're living in a fantasy land there. If he has any desire for the city job then he’s going to need more experience than a couple of years at a small time outfit like Bonleh. You think there wouldn't be a demand for instant success at city as well? 

Come back down to earth please, you've won a very weak second division not the fucking champions league. Embarrassing stuff there SC.

Hardly embarrassing, I'd say, just a difference of opinion ... time will tell !

Evening all. 

Lots of green in the last few posts. Ah well, to be expected 

As for Kompany, I imagine he has a clear plan. Assuming he’s comparatively successful at Burnley over the the next 1 or two seasons (by comparatively I’m thinking gets us 8th to 10th) I’d imagine he will change his arm at a decent European team in Germany/Spain/Italy to continue building his CV and experience. If he gets us 11th to 13th then maybe he’ll be thinking about a Villa etc as his next step. I’m sure if the offer was right though he’d go to Spurs etc but just like City they will want a coach they see as the finished article, not one still learning his trade. He’s probably 4 or 5 years away from having enough experience to tackle an elite team and this assumes he continues to do well. But he’s only 37, he can afford to be patient.

42 minutes ago, booth said:

Lest we forget, to Burnley fans football only began about a decade ago.

It’s great to see irony isn’t dead on here.