BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

rofl🤣,this could be a throwback to the john bond era,dingles not wanting a manager and abusing him before the start of his first game,we all know what follows,bond sold all their promising young players for next to nothing and they tumbled down the leagues,go on frank,you know what to do😃

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Hook it to my veins. Hope this is their Steve Kean moment, the six fingered gobshite throbbers.

• Like 3

On 31/05/2024 at 00:11, roversfan99 said:

Last time they had Ashley Barnes who obviously provided them with experience and leadership but he certainly wasnt a top Championship striker. They are keeping Rodriguez but im guessing that Foster will be their main striker who should score a lot of goals, I think he only signed half way through their last Championship season and took time to settle. Theyve also got Koleosho, Odobert, Tresor, Ramsey and if they sign him permanently, Brunn Larsen so they have a worrying amount of goals in their squad, with Benson having been on the fringes this season and Zaourary out on loan both proven. They also signed Redmond but he seemed to vanish.

@sympatheticclaret obviously the new manager will make a big difference either way but what do you think of your current squad?

I think objectively we have a squad good enough for " top 6 " .. my main concern is that so many of the squad are with us because of the " Kompany " factor, will they still want be here ?

Underwhelmed with Frank Lampard to be honest, mind you at least it's not Phil Neville .... I'd rather have Joanna Lumley as manager than either of the Nevilles .. 

24 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I think objectively we have a squad good enough for " top 6 " .. my main concern is that so many of the squad are with us because of the " Kompany " factor, will they still want be here ?

Underwhelmed with Frank Lampard to be honest, mind you at least it's not Phil Neville .... I'd rather have Joanna Lumley as manager than either of the Nevilles .. 

I cant see many players that you have that would necessarily attract a top flight club though to be fair. A lot of the players you went up with that you know are really good at this level struggled or more often just didnt play much in the Premier League. Even with the ones you signed, im not seeing many that did enough to be top of the list of bigger clubs.

The one that bizarrely seems to be linked elsewhere is Trafford and he wouldnt be a loss anyway.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant see many players that you have that would necessarily attract a top flight club though to be fair. A lot of the players you went up with that you know are really good at this level struggled or more often just didnt play much in the Premier League. Even with the ones you signed, im not seeing many that did enough to be top of the list of bigger clubs.

The one that bizarrely seems to be linked elsewhere is Trafford and he wouldnt be a loss anyway.

But these players Kompany was mainly overseas based before they joined them and I would expect them to have options there. 

Its interesting what Dingles fans think of Lampard's possible appointment and whether he has keep Bellamy and Jackson on his staff and what level of control he has there. 

I think they will be overhaul of the squad there whoever the guy is in charge. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Interesting or dont care less?

Its about talking about football which I enjoy talking about. just like when I talk to other footballs fans about football and enjoy doing whether I like the club or not. 

I want the dingles to do awful next season. Simple as. 

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s only one Steve Kean. Lampard is like Bill Shankly compared to Keano.

That's a bit of a stretch there Tyrone.

After all, that bald piece of shit still managed to get more points than Saint Vincent.

Come on Fat Frank, you know you want it.

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That's a bit of a stretch there Tyrone.

After all, that bald piece of shit still managed to get more points than Saint Vincent.

Come on Fat Frank, you know you want it.

I don’t know why I’m asking this - Eustace gets knocked down by the usual No17 bus, who would you rather have to take over - Lampard or Keano ?

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t know why I’m asking this - Eustace gets knocked down by the usual No17 bus, who would you rather have to take over - Lampard or Keano ?

I'd rather have Colin Pitchfork than Kean, hope this answers your question. 

20 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rofl🤣,this could be a throwback to the john bond era,dingles not wanting a manager and abusing him before the start of his first game,we all know what follows,bond sold all their promising young players for next to nothing and they tumbled down the leagues,go on frank,you know what to do😃

So, currently just like we are doing with our current owners?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The fact that you referred to him as Keano has made my entrails quiver.

I mean Lampard is the choice by default.

If I saw Steve Kean step out in front of my car I wouldn't slow down.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Hook it to my veins. Hope this is their Steve Kean moment, the six fingered gobshite throbbers.

I wish they'd gone for Rooney but Frank will do!

21 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Will Christine and the children be moving to Burnley I think not!

East Lancashire is a beautiful place. If you don't like the countryside, the best city in the country, Manchester, is on your doorstep. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Friend of mine who is a big Burnley supporter has heard Mark Robins is in the frame.  Had a little flutter at 25/1.

Unless Coventry have absolutely pulled the plug he'd be mad to even consider that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

East Lancashire is a beautiful place. If you don't like the countryside, the best city in the country, Manchester, is on your doorstep. 

Fully agree that's why I said Burnley 

• Like 1

They live in Manchester if Lampard moves here or in the Ribble Valley

Unless Coventry have absolutely pulled the plug he'd be mad to even consider that. 

I reckon it will be Lampard. No way is Robins going there, 

4 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

So, currently just like we are doing with our current owners?

venkys are uninterested and swag is a crook,the beauty of st john bond was that he sold trevor steven,lee dixon,brian laws etc for peanuts,replaced them with bottom league players and injured ones he  then ****** off,we`ve never yet reached the stage of complete anarchy where our manager has sabotaged the squad on purpose😉

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Friend of mine who is a big Burnley supporter has heard Mark Robins is in the frame.  Had a little flutter at 25/1.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

They live in Manchester if Lampard moves here or in the Ribble Valley

I reckon it will be Lampard. No way is Robins going there, 

He might do, he might not!

Which way should I lean and who is likely to be more right - a friend who has had a hospitality package at Burnley for years or Chaddy who has no knowledge of the workings at either Burnley or Coventry!?

Chaddy, I said he was 'in the frame' - presumably you do understand what that means?  A contract for Robins at Burnley, who is a Manchester lad, which would at least double his salary and probably give him financial security for the rest of his life might prove tempting particularly when out of the two squads, I think Burnley's would get him to the PL quicker.

If it was my choice, I'd take Robins over Lampard every day of the week.  Think Pace needs to decide if he wants a'name' who he would go all wobbly over or someone who would be much more likely to deliver.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He might do, he might not!

Which way should I lean and who is likely to be more right - a friend who has had a hospitality package at Burnley for years or Chaddy who has no knowledge of the workings at either Burnley or Coventry!?

Chaddy, I said he was 'in the frame' - presumably you do understand what that means?  A contract for Robins at Burnley, who is a Manchester lad, which would at least double his salary and probably give him financial security for the rest of his life might prove tempting particularly when out of the two squads, I think Burnley's would get him to the PL quicker.

If it was my choice, I'd take Robins over Lampard every day of the week.  Think Pace needs to decide if he wants a'name' who he would go all wobbly over or someone who would be much more likely to deliver.

Well chaddy is basing the Lampard links on widespread media links, and you are basing your Robins prediction on a bloke who happens to pay for the more expensive seats at turf moor, passed on by someone with a terrible track record. So I would say chaddy is more likely.

And I hope he is. Because Lampard is a terrible manager.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Well chaddy is basing the Lampard links on widespread media links, and you are basing your Robins prediction on a bloke who happens to pay for the more expensive seats at turf moor, passed on by someone with a terrible track record. So I would say chaddy is more likely.

And I hope he is. Because Lampard is a terrible manager.

Do you have difficulty reading and understanding?

Where did I predict Robins would get the job?

I said a friend, with good connections at Burnley, said he'd heard Robins was in the frame (along with others one would assume) which is totally different than predicting he would get the job.

My challenge to Chaddy was he was in no position to say 'no way' would Robins get the job.  How the feck can he justifiably come out with a statement like that unless Alan Pace has told him!?

I don't mind being challenged but do me the courtesy of getting your feckin facts right first.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3