BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

20 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Out of interest why should we piss the league rather than Sheff Utd, Luton, Norwich who’ve alll got parachute payments or indeed Leeds who seem to have endless supplies of cash? Sheff Utd doing lots of business at the moment with some signings who look very good.

Norwich no longer have parachute payments

https://www.leedsunited.news/transfers/norwich-city-may-have-to-sell-8m-leeds-united-target-as-their-parachute-payments-are-ending/#:~:text=They got their first parachute,at Carrow Road this season.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

It’s only one game - we need another 40 performances like that. Whilst it was a bit of a relief - going into the game I was genuinely expecting a tight game, possibly a loss - first games aren’t really indicative of the season to come, or at least it doesn’t automatically follow.

Out of interest why should we piss the league rather than Sheff Utd, Luton, Norwich who’ve alll got parachute payments or indeed Leeds who seem to have endless supplies of cash? Sheff Utd doing lots of business at the moment with some signings who look very good.

I don't think you will actually.

I think a couple of Rovers fans, were quite rightly impressed with the performance and result last night, but as we all know, it is a long season and Luton may not be the force, some think the might be.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I stand corrected - it's £180m now over three seasons that they've spent (another £40m so far this summer).

Absolutely bonkers when the rest of the Championship doesn't have a pot to piss in.

You're going to have to show me your working out on the 40m claim.

13 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Please 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏  footballing gods , let us have a proper keeper by time we play the knuckle draggers

That Cardiff keeper showed us the future if we have Pears in the net.

More of a gift than the one Brittain gave Norwich.

Be nice if an opposition keeper would throw one in for us sometime.

• Backroom

Scott Parker for me isn’t a brilliant manager but they will walk this league, the only hope is Parker somehow sabotages it 

24 minutes ago, morninbob said:

TBF we were poor today, Cardiff were the better side first half, we tore them to shreds when they tired in the second half though.

It helped that their keeper had a Burnley shirt under his kit. What was he doing for that first goal?

On 17/08/2024 at 17:29, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Hate to say it but scoring Goals for fun and an absolute wealth of quality in that Burnley side

Spit,spit.

On 17/08/2024 at 17:36, ABBEY said:

Please 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏  footballing gods , let us have a proper keeper by time we play the knuckle draggers

Fair to say we weren’t great despite the scoreline

Edited by longsiders1882
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh it’s the every other season weekly humble bragging by Longers, don’t they come along quick!

Bragging? Lol, honest assessment of the game I watched. We blew Luton away and it would be easy to believe we did Cardiff if all you saw was the score. 

But take it how you will.

• Like 2

*Humble* bragging.

I.e just like last time, it will be a weekly routine of ‘we could’ve lost that, but we are doing ok for little owd Burnley’. (with an income dwarfing the vast majority of the league).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

*Humble* bragging.

I.e just like last time, it will be a weekly routine of ‘we could’ve lost that, but we are doing ok for little owd Burnley’. (with an income dwarfing the vast majority of the league).

And then next season ———- silence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

*Humble* bragging.

I try to be respectful on here (occasionally fail of course) because it’s your board - not sure you’d appreciate me giving it the big un.

Its not a ‘little owd Burnley’ thing, just an honest assessment of our performance- indeed in part factoring in that we should really be blowing away about 18 of the teams in this division with our squad/finances. The next 3 league games will test how strong our squad actually is though - and/or whether Parker is capable of getting the best out of them.

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I try to be respectful on here (occasionally fail of course) because it’s your board - not sure you’d appreciate me giving it the big un.

Its not a ‘little owd Burnley’ thing, just an honest assessment of our performance- indeed in part factoring in that we should really be blowing away about 18 of the teams in this division with our squad/finances. The next 3 league games will test how strong our squad actually is though - and/or whether Parker is capable of getting the best out of them.

I don't recall you coming on here to do weekly reviews of your games last season.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Having seen the full 90 minutes of both yours and Sunderland's games at the weekend if you both play like that again they will turn you over.

Of course we all know that football doesn't work like that.

• Like 1