BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Seems almost all online Burnley fans have no sense of balance or realism.

in terms of actual sales so far we’ve only sold odobert and Berge who were seen as first team starters and they were always going to go - & we got around 50m for them, almost trebling our money in 12 months. Does look like O’Shea is about to go though, for more than double the price we paid - mind you up until about February half the fan base would have driven to a new club. Twine almost never played and Zaroury did nothing after the World Cup, went to Hull on loan and did not very much. Losing JBG is a bit rubbish but he got a great offer and bizarrely a player who left at the end of his contract weve ended up getting a fee for.

We’ve also signed what is in effect O’Sheas replacement in Worrall.

I think of greater concern in terms of players is Cullen missed yesterday without much explanation and so did Koleosho - whose now being linked by the media to Wolves. We need a new CM to replace Berge, We need a new striker and a new winger and still need to clear out some squad players. 

In terms of the weekend - and despite some suggestion I was humbly bragging - I did say we hadn’t been good against Cardiff.  Unless we get back the likes of Cullen and Koleosho, plus Worrall ready to replace O’Shea then I’d have you as favourites for Saturday. It seems all the upheaval has upset the team moral and we have a big job in the next few weeks to a) strengthen and b) build team spirit. I didn’t go yesterday but I haven’t heard a single positive about our performance. Seems we were lucky to keep it to 1 - and possibly fortunate to get nil.

But a week is a long time in football, still transfers to happen - or not. I can’t say I’m looking forward to Saturday it but it’s not like I haven’t experienced the losses to you, unlike a chunk of our fans.

That's a huge statement. I'm not even saying you're wrong, but the seeming disarray that has come from yesterday's squad and result has be a bit perplexed to be honest.

Selling a lot of players was always on the cards with your massive squad from last year and things seemed to be ticking along nicely until yesterday with big profits on the players going out of the door and two big wins alongside them. I take what you say about those scorelines being flattering, but surely it's not enough to make you second favourites against us in a home fixture, given where we've been recently and that Szmodics is now out of the door?

in terms of actual sales so far we’ve only sold odobert and Berge who were seen as first team starters and they were always going to go - & we got around 50m for them, almost trebling our money in 12 months. Does look like O’Shea is about to go though, for more than double the price we paid - mind you up until about February half the fan base would have driven to a new club. Twine almost never played and Zaroury did nothing after the World Cup, went to Hull on loan and did not very much. Losing JBG is a bit rubbish but he got a great offer and bizarrely a player who left at the end of his contract weve ended up getting a fee for.

I think of greater concern in terms of players is Cullen missed yesterday without much explanation and so did Koleosho - whose now being linked by the media to Wolves. We need a new CM to replace Berge, We need a new striker and a new winger and still need to clear out some squad players. 

In terms of the weekend - and despite some suggestion I was humbly bragging - I did say we hadn’t been good against Cardiff.  Unless we get back the likes of Cullen and Koleosho, plus Worrall ready to replace O’Shea then I’d have you as favourites for Saturday. It seems all the upheaval has upset the team moral and we have a big job in the next few weeks to a) strengthen and b) build team spirit. I didn’t go yesterday but I haven’t heard a single positive about our performance. Seems we were lucky to keep it to 1 - and possibly fortunate to get nil.

But a week is a long time in football, still transfers to happen - or not. I can’t say I’m looking forward to Saturday it but it’s not like I haven’t experienced the losses to you, unlike a chunk of our fans.

not 34 years tho is it

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That's a huge statement. I'm not even saying you're wrong, but the seeming disarray that has come from yesterday's squad and result has be a bit perplexed to be honest.

Selling a lot of players was always on the cards with your massive squad from last year and things seemed to be ticking along nicely until yesterday with big profits on the players going out of the door and two big wins alongside them. I take what you say about those scorelines being flattering, but surely it's not enough to make you second favourites against us in a home fixture, given where we've been recently and that Szmodics is now out of the door?

It just feels like you go into it as a "together unit" whilst we seem fractured right now - plus really not sure on who we will have available for selection AND we only have 2 1/2 days recovery. Of course if we have players recovering from injury available and/or new signings in decent time we might be ok but right now a lot feels wrong with the club/team.

38 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Seems like one month with Parker was enough 😁😁

Haha - Saudi money too much to turn down on this one I think.

35 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

not 34 years tho is it

Indeed, only about 14 years isn't it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ABBEY said:

20 years left yet then.. I will nearly 80 if you wanna match it

In those 34 years we didn’t play for 17 lol. We’ve won 7 on the bounce, which I think is the longest winning streak since the first 7 times we played in the 1800’s. As it stands we’ve had 43 wins to your 41 so I’m happy enough with our head to head. Still desperately want to win at the weekend but right now I don’t feel at all confident.

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It just feels like you go into it as a "together unit" whilst we seem fractured right now - plus really not sure on who we will have available for selection AND we only have 2 1/2 days recovery. Of course if we have players recovering from injury available and/or new signings in decent time we might be ok but right now a lot feels wrong with the club/team.

Get that. In fairness I'm more optimistic about this one than I have in ages so there's definitely something in the mood surrounding both clubs.

It's just seems like the panic that has suddenly seemed to have erupted at your end has come from a really predictable set of circumstances, and one that didn't seem to be causing anybody undue stress until very recently. Whereas we've had a decent few results against poor teams, but I don't think anyone is believing that Rovers are going to be contenders at the right end this season. 

I hope I'm wrong, but from where I'm standing it looks a bit like an overreaction just now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

what do you make of Scott Parker as manager and what did you think of yesterday result and performance? 

Are Cullen, Weoghurst and few others going to leave before end of the window? 

55 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Get that. In fairness I'm more optimistic about this one than I have in ages so there's definitely something in the mood surrounding both clubs.

It's just seems like the panic that has suddenly seemed to have erupted at your end has come from a really predictable set of circumstances, and one that didn't seem to be causing anybody undue stress until very recently. Whereas we've had a decent few results against poor teams, but I don't think anyone is believing that Rovers are going to be contenders at the right end this season. 

I hope I'm wrong, but from where I'm standing it looks a bit like an overreaction just now. 

Oh I agree - modern football fans are f*****g drama queens. One week we are going to ‘piss the league’ and the next its ‘League one here we come’.

Peraonally I think we need to get to the end of the ins and outs and go again. I’ll feel more able to judge come the end of October - and a win or loss against you won’t make or break the season for me.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what do you make of Scott Parker as manager and what did you think of yesterday result and performance? 

Are Cullen, Weoghurst and few others going to leave before end of the window? 

Not heard anything on Cullen so no idea, was surprised he missed yesterday though. Hopefully a minor knock. Weghorst will certainly go and always would. I’m hoping in terms of what we would see as ‘first 11 players’ the outbounds are done and also that we will see a decent forward, centre mid and winger in before the window closes. May well see more fringe/squad players go as we are still possibly heavy.

Too early to judge Parker for me. So far I’ve been happy enough with him overall but it’s very early so we will see. Yesterday I’m only going off second hand reports, albeit from people I know and trust, and they say it was a sh*t show from start to finish. The only minor positive I heard was Egan-Riley looked competent at this level. If half of the rumours are true there is discord in the camp and only the window closing will quieten things down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not heard anything on Cullen so no idea, was surprised he missed yesterday though. Hopefully a minor knock. Weghorst will certainly go and always would. I’m hoping in terms of what we would see as ‘first 11 players’ the outbounds are done and also that we will see a decent forward, centre mid and winger in before the window closes. May well see more fringe/squad players go as we are still possibly heavy.

Thanks for reply. 

So you think you sign a couple of players and sell a few squad/fringe players? 

Any reason why Hladky isn't on the bench or even starting? 

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Too early to judge Parker for me. So far I’ve been happy enough with him overall but it’s very early so we will see. Yesterday I’m only going off second hand reports, albeit from people I know and trust, and they say it was a sh*t show from start to finish. The only minor positive I heard was Egan-Riley looked competent at this level. If half of the rumours are true there is discord in the camp and only the window closing will quieten things down.

That's what they were saying yesterday about the game on Radio Lancs saying performance were awful..

Discord in the camp? Is this players wanting out cos they not playing or Kompany leaving and Parker different manager, or other reasons? 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

So you think you sign a couple of players and sell a few squad/fringe players? 

Any reason why Hladky isn't on the bench or even starting? 

That's what they were saying yesterday about the game on Radio Lancs saying performance were awful..

Discord in the camp? Is this players wanting out cos they not playing or Kompany leaving and Parker different manager, or other reasons? 

Hladky was on the bench yesterday and started last week. He isn’t starting as currently Trafford is seen as number 1. My hope is we sign maybe 3 and only sell fringe players however we all know if players/agents want a move all you can really do is negotiate the best deal.

In terms of discord, seems to mainly be the number of players leaving plus a few who only signed for Kompany. I think it’s just unsettled players more than anything, hopefully they’ll get over it.

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Hladky was on the bench yesterday and started last week. He isn’t starting as currently Trafford is seen as number 1. My hope is we sign maybe 3 and only sell fringe players however we all know if players/agents want a move all you can really do is negotiate the best deal.

In terms of discord, seems to mainly be the number of players leaving plus a few who only signed for Kompany. I think it’s just unsettled players more than anything, hopefully they’ll get over it.

Thanks for the reply..

Do you think Trafford or Cullen will be sold before deadline day? 

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

In those 34 years we didn’t play for 17 lol.

For good reason. When we were Champions of England you were getting relegated from the second tier.

Probably a good thing for you we didn't considering what we did to PNE post-Shearer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the reply..

Do you think Trafford or Cullen will be sold before deadline day? 

Trafford yes, Cullen I bloody hope not!

2 minutes ago, booth said:

For good reason. When we were Champions of England you were getting relegated from the second tier.

Probably a good thing for you we didn't considering what we did to PNE post-Shearer.

Well you more else did the same to us in 2001

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

In terms of the weekend - and despite some suggestion I was humbly bragging - I did say we hadn’t been good against Cardiff.  Unless we get back the likes of Cullen and Koleosho, plus Worrall ready to replace O’Shea then I’d have you as favourites for Saturday. 

Haha, we’re favourites, good one. 

If humble ol Burnley could just put up a fight against big spending Rovers, that’s all the locals can ask🤣

• Like 1

Well you more else did the same to us in 2001

I remember it well 🙂

The atmosphere was equal only to our grudge matches with Man Utd in the mid 90s. I was sat in the middle of the Riverside for that one, and blimey it was loud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Haha, we’re favourites, good one. 

If humble ol Burnley could just put up a fight against big spending Rovers, that’s all the locals can ask🤣

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Just seen a tweet on BetFred:

Burnley have spent more this summer (£36m) than Rovers have spent in the last 10 years (£27m)

Humble, plucky Dingles 🤣

42 minutes ago, JohnD said:

They've spent £160m and the Dingle thinks we might be favourites wtaf!

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Longsiders is trying to lull us into a false sense of security. Don't be fooled by his bluff and bluster.

😉😁

How much have Man United spent this last decade to be bang average? To be at the top you do need to spend for sure, but it’s as easy to spend poorly as it is wisely.

Im not saying you should be favourites, I’m saying according to all sources we were so power crap on Saturday I’m fearful. We should be considerably better than you, we should also have been better than Sunderland. A story doing the rounds now about the academy manager having circulated a spreadsheet with all the first team players on with, not so complimentary, comments on. The claim is instead of sending it to an agent (not sure why he’d be doing this anyway) he sent it to the u21 WhatsApp group.

Hey I hope I’m wrong and all the discord etc is sorted and we blow you away, as we should. We will know soon enough.

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Longsiders is trying to lull us into a false sense of security. Don't be fooled by his bluff and bluster.

😉😁

His initial post came across more like...

07-minister2.jpg.829b0437db5dac291869a0ec6d6935ea.jpg

More than trying to lull anyone, to be fair.

• Like 3