BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

34 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

You know that article is a load of complete bollocks when it describes Bonlah as a top English club.

Oh, and it's in the Scottish Sun (isn't that an oxymoron?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13786943/Burnley-academy-manager-resigns-slamming-players-scathing-report-accidentally-sending-WRONG-WhatsApp-group.html

Sounds like Burnley have been terribly ran by Pace and Kompany and now they just need to claw money from anywhere to pay their huge debts off. So it's a mass exodus combined with being unable to bring much in.

I was fully expecting their fans to be rubbing their hands at our cup defeat this morning but they seem pretty despondent.

• Backroom

They’ve just signed Hannibal from United though, £5m rising to £10m so they are at least spending some

The lad they are bringing in from Brighton looks a match winner as well so would be good if that was delayed a bit!

• Backroom

I feel like this is leading to a false sense of security going into Saturday. Either way we are underdogs just hope we do our bit

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

I feel like this is leading to a false sense of security going into Saturday. Either way we are underdogs just hope we do our bit

No matter how badly they are off, we still have a defence and goalie that concedes at least 2 goals per game. And a CEO who decided to rectify it by signing two defenders at the ages of 33 (soon to be 34) and 37.

So I'll be delighted if we win thanks to our new exciting frontline, but it won't be a surprise if we lose thanks to us being as leaky as a second hand rubber johnny.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I agree, people are getting carried away.

They're still favourites with the bookies by some distance, for a reason.

A few weeks ago they thought they just needed to turn up to win though, it's nice for them to be feeling the pressure a bit more.

The owners of both clubs can also influence the general mood in the final 2 days of the transfer window as well. Ours have previous for completely fucking things up as we know, another disaster would make us very despondent on Saturday. Likewise if Pace keeps flogging everyone they're the same, although I do expect them to make a few decent signings.... 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I agree, people are getting carried away.

They're still favourites with the bookies by some distance, for a reason.

A few weeks ago they thought they just needed to turn up to win though, it's nice for them to be feeling the pressure a bit more.

The owners of both clubs can also influence the general mood in the final 2 days of the transfer window as well. Ours have previous for completely fucking things up as we know, another disaster would make us very despondent on Saturday. Likewise if Pace keeps flogging everyone they're the same, although I do expect them to make a few decent signings.... 

it’s a bit late for them to be throwing half a team into a game though. If we’ve got anything about us we should fancy getting something from this game. Rovers teams in the past have gone there as under dogs and come away with a result. Unfortunately they weren’t suffering from “ Venkyitis “ though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

it’s a bit late for them to be throwing half a team into a game though. If we’ve got anything about us we should fancy getting something from this game. Rovers teams in the past have gone there as under dogs and come away with a result. Unfortunately they weren’t suffering from “ Venkyitis “ though.

Totally agree.

I think some of their remaining big hitters who are linked away will probably end up staying too and may well be responsible for them sustaining a promotion push. But it's a big ask to get your head screwed on for this fixture for a Saturday lunchtime when you were hoping to be driving to Manchester Airport on the Friday afternoon.

I'm certain that the Burnley starting XI (and at least some of their bench) will on paper be stronger than ours, but they'll have had some serious disruption. Some won't be properly fit, others won't have even trained with the rest of the squad. Others won't want to be there. There's no excuse for it being anything like the last time we played them, especially at their place. 

28 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Totally agree.

I think some of their remaining big hitters who are linked away will probably end up staying too and may well be responsible for them sustaining a promotion push. But it's a big ask to get your head screwed on for this fixture for a Saturday lunchtime when you were hoping to be driving to Manchester Airport on the Friday afternoon.

I'm certain that the Burnley starting XI (and at least some of their bench) will on paper be stronger than ours, but they'll have had some serious disruption. Some won't be properly fit, others won't have even trained with the rest of the squad. Others won't want to be there. There's no excuse for it being anything like the last time we played them, especially at their place. 

For me this will be won and lost in team selection. Whoever gets that right we be smiling at 2-30 pm. The first goal is always important but on Saturday it will be massive. If we can score first it could get really interesting.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see anything other than an easy win for the evolutionary challenged ones down the road.

If Rovers actually managed to win this then it will be the most embarrassing defeat the oiks will have ever experienced. Should such a glorious thing happen, I can see them going properly fucking mental and smashing up their own town centre. Again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Listen you Dingles, the daughter of the chairman has told all you to be kind.

That starts on Saturday with an easy 3 points to us, thanks in advance. Love thy neighbours and all that. 

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 18.19.20.png

icegif-1064.gif.9d09c2db26a53215d6a122ed971935cd.gif

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I still think the unwashed simpletons down the road will easily win this league. They've got some quality players going forward and the two lads they had on the wings were good.

Not every team they play will be fighting like Rovers were yesterday.

True but I don't know if they have the character to grind out the ugly wins a successful side needs and their defence organisation needs a lot of work.

By all accounts, Sunderland were better than them in every aspect despite only the 1-0 scoreline.

The demise of the Dingles has been greatly exaggerated. They have a lot of quality players, as they should have after spending £50m this summer. They will win a lot of points on that basis alone. 

The real test is if Parker can organise them into a cohesive unit that can grind out results relentlessly week after week. There’s a lot of pressure on them to go straight back up. 

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I still think the unwashed simpletons down the road will easily win this league. They've got some quality players going forward and the two lads they had on the wings were good.

Not every team they play will be fighting like Rovers were yesterday.

The wingers were top class.

Brittain got taken to the laundry in the build up to their goal.

It also shows how good Bent became as the game progressed.

They will certainly finish in the top 6.

47 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The demise of the Dingles has been greatly exaggerated. They have a lot of quality players, as they should have after spending £50m this summer. They will win a lot of points on that basis alone. 

The real test is if Parker can organise them into a cohesive unit that can grind out results relentlessly week after week. There’s a lot of pressure on them to go straight back up. 

The real test for the dingles is Scott Parkers lack of a footballing brain.  Much like Southampton last season, if the dingles do well this year (and they should), it will be in spite of their inept manager