BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Just started watching Mission to Bonleh 2

Being a football manager appears to involve mainly spouting pseudo philosophical bullshit and then shouting   ‘Lets do this boys, come on!’

Kompany is one boring bastard.

Pace is just unintentionally hilarious. 

Episode 2 is where it all starts to fall apart. They start discussing bringing a drummer in cos the atmosphere is so shit. That’s at Boardroom level🤣

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I still think the unwashed simpletons down the road will easily win this league. They've got some quality players going forward and the two lads they had on the wings were good.

Not every team they play will be fighting like Rovers were yesterday.

I can’t see them making the top six, let alone winning it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

The real test for the dingles is Scott Parkers lack of a footballing brain.  Much like Southampton last season, if the dingles do well this year (and they should), it will be in spite of their inept manager

It's a test for the entire club there. Will it be another fire sale in January? Will Parker still be there? It doesn't look at happy camp to me. 

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Being a football manager appears to involve mainly spouting pseudo philosophical bullshit and then shouting   ‘Lets do this boys, come on!’

Episode 2 is where it all starts to fall apart. They start discussing bringing a drummer in cos the atmosphere is so shit. That’s at Boardroom level🤣

Would never watch it in million years. 

15 minutes ago, lraC said:

I can’t see them making the top six, let alone winning it. 

I think top 6 is the best they can hope for. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's a test for the entire club there. Will it be another fire sale in January? Will Parker still be there? It doesn't look at happy camp to me. 

From what I’ve seen and from what’s going on, I agree. If they are a few points from the top 2 come January and given the unrest, I think there will be a mass exodus at that point and making the play offs will then be tough.

Lots thought Kompany was top dog, but it could turn out that he has been the worst thing to happen to them for quite some time. 

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

From what I’ve seen and from what’s going on, I agree. If they are a few points from the top 2 come January and given the unrest, I think there will be a mass exodus at that point and making the play offs will then be tough.

Lots thought Kompany was top dog, but it could turn out that he has been the worst thing to happen to them for quite some time. 

I sincerely hope you are right about that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Window in several countries is still open, Turkey, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Netherlands to name a few, should any of their players still want to force a move

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

It's been rumoured to be very unhappy camp there within the entire camp. It's to myself that certain players signed there cos of Kompany and now he gone, some players want out and got out. Benson came on yesterday and he didn't look interested and I guess he wanted out but couldn't find a club who wanted him to pay the fee

I think Parker appointment wasn't Burnley first option and they were reported after the Denmark national team manager. Whether it was true, I don't know. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

They've got plenty of quality players, but didn't look like a 'team' to me.

That's to be expected what with all the turmoil. The key is whether Parker can knit it all together.

They have some decent players but that didn’t look to me like a “ Premier League Team “ in the making like you could have argued the team we last played was. Lots of good players but no outstanding prospects that look like they could step up anymore. Lots of pretty average championship level players now. The lad who fouled Big Mak is supposed to be a class defender but class defenders don’t end up having to rugby tackle the guy they’re supposed to be marking to stop them ! Just one example.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't watched it, and not sure I could bring myself to watch season 1, but season 2 sounds like comedy gold.  I am sure that I can pick it up from there and fill in the blanks from memory

I refused to watch the first series as they were winning particularly against us. I watched the second series though because they were losing lots of games and their misery was a source of merriment for me. Kompany giving it the big 'un on the training ground is well worth a watch. The meeting about increasing the atmosphere by appointing a drummer is really funny. They actually have a Fan Experience Director. 😂😂

• Like 1

Some of you guys saw a different game to me but in the end only the score line matters, and that said honours even.

We featured 3 players who’d only been at the club 24 hours and another 2 who played once for us before so no huge surprise at times we were a little disjointed. Just on unrest and players leaving, we’ve shipped out those that we needed to/were agitating for moves. Surprised Trafford didn’t go, think he will in January & if Koleosho plays as he can imagine someone will come for him in Jan as well. So i do agree we now need to see if Parker can blend them into a team or not. We were much better than I had expected after recent results and all the turmoil.

As for your performance - it was so different to the home game last season. You put up a proper fight - and that goal was top drawer. In the end it was a fair result IMO as despite having all the possession etc we didn’t really create a lot of big chances and I think you defended really well, especially with 10 men, kept us to shots from outside the box. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Some of you guys saw a different game to me but in the end only the score line matters, and that said honours even.

We featured 3 players who’d only been at the club 24 hours and another 2 who played once for us before so no huge surprise at times we were a little disjointed. Just on unrest and players leaving, we’ve shipped out those that we needed to/were agitating for moves. Surprised Trafford didn’t go, think he will in January & if Koleosho plays as he can imagine someone will come for him in Jan as well. So i do agree we now need to see if Parker can blend them into a team or not. We were much better than I had expected after recent results and all the turmoil.

As for your performance - it was so different to the home game last season. You put up a proper fight - and that goal was top drawer. In the end it was a fair result IMO as despite having all the possession etc we didn’t really create a lot of big chances and I think you defended really well, especially with 10 men, kept us to shots from outside the box. 

Your last paragraph is pretty accurate and particularly the fight we showed which is what pleased us greatly. I notice you didn't mention the referee though.

• Like 2

What was really significant yesterday was our ability  to defend and play on the break.

2nd half, Burnley has 84% pressure and had 6 shots with 0 on target. Rovers had 16% with 7 shots and 2 on target and most of that with 10 men!

To me, there was only one team likely to score a winner yesterday.

Although, the ref and assistant would probably have found some way to say it wasn't a goal.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I haven't watched it, and not sure I could bring myself to watch season 1, but season 2 sounds like comedy gold.  I am sure that I can pick it up from there and fill in the blanks from memory

I wouldn’t dream of watching season 1, but I can confirm season 2 is comedy gold. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Your last paragraph is pretty accurate and particularly the fight we showed which is what pleased us greatly. I notice you didn't mention the referee though.

The ref? Seemed fairly standard to me. Thought you got away with a couple of bad challenges. The red was stupid but it is a rule about bookings for waving imaginary cards so when you’ve already had a card, harsh or not, you should be careful . I also thought Hannibal got lucky, he seemed to be berating the Lino and he already had a card. Thought we had a penalty shout as well but haven’t seen it back yet so not certain. Also on the disallowed goal, I don’t think it was offside but I did think Esteve was fouled in the build up - again haven’t seen it back yet. Overall I thought the ref was about what I expect.

• Downvote 13

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The ref? Seemed fairly standard to me. Thought you got away with a couple of bad challenges. The red was stupid but it is a rule about bookings for waving imaginary cards so when you’ve already had a card, harsh or not, you should be careful . I also thought Hannibal got lucky, he seemed to be berating the Lino and he already had a card. Thought we had a penalty shout as well but haven’t seen it back yet so not certain. Also on the disallowed goal, I don’t think it was offside but I did think Esteve was fouled in the build up - again haven’t seen it back yet. Overall I thought the ref was about what I expect.

It was just two players coming together on the the Dolan “ goal “. I don’t think either player was properly aware of the other, so you had a collision. Play on for me. Nobody was catching Dolan anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Esteve did the fouling and Dolan was clearly onside.

You got away with against 10 men, with a squad that cost 10x what ours cost, and with the ref and lineman on your side.

Must be a bit worrying really. Lots of financial pressure on the manager to get it right.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Foster was lucky not to get two yellows. If anything Esteve fouled Hedges in that incident and hopefully given you seem to be fair minded you will see that. The offside is a bread and butter decision which is clearly wrong. Some of the free kicks he gave you particularly late on (when the pressure was ramped up) were unfathomable. The game was too big for him and him and at times he was losing control.

• Like 7

Anyone up for an East Lancs play-off battle? That would be fun wouldn't it? 🤣

(I want to caveat this by saying I think anything above mid table is a good season for us in the circumstances, but we can all dream, not getting carried away - our small squad will put paid to any of that)

27 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The ref was a real “Homer” and gave you a free kick every time one of your players went down, which they did regularly to con the ref. Foster in particular was an embarrassment, a proper cheating bas***d. Your players were rolling over and over trying to get our players booked ( Travis also tried the same one time) and succeeded. Dolan “goal” was definitely not offside and whilst I take your point about your player being impeded, it was a clash rather than being deliberate and if you knew Hedges you would realise that. That being said if exactly the same had happened at the other end ie by you, it would dry have been given. 
However, in retrospect it was a good game to watch. 

• Like 1