BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Backroom

It wasn't a fair result, as we were disallowed a perfectly legitimate goal. Everyone except Burnley fans acknowledges this. With competent officials it's a completely different game.

And for the record, in terms of "fair result" it can be balanced to either side. Maybe if we go 2-1 up the Burnley players fire up and pull it back to 3-2. Maybe they collapse and it ends 3 or 4-1 to Rovers. We'll never know, but it should have been 2-1 before half time, so 1-1 is not a fair result.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

The ref? Seemed fairly standard to me. Thought you got away with a couple of bad challenges. The red was stupid but it is a rule about bookings for waving imaginary cards so when you’ve already had a card, harsh or not, you should be careful . I also thought Hannibal got lucky, he seemed to be berating the Lino and he already had a card. Thought we had a penalty shout as well but haven’t seen it back yet so not certain. Also on the disallowed goal, I don’t think it was offside but I did think Esteve was fouled in the build up - again haven’t seen it back yet. Overall I thought the ref was about what I expect.

Pretty sure you’re just going fishing here but I’ll indulge you.

The ref gave everything to your lot (most of whom spent 50% of the game rolling on the floor). Whilst Gueye was stupid with what he did, the ref was desperate to get his red out. Late on I thought he was actively trying to gift you a goal with the 2 free kicks in stoppage time.

Re the “offside”, if anything your fella fouled Hedges anyway, not sure what you’re watching.

I’d be quite worried as a dingle tbh. No shots on target in last hour. 35 mins of that played with a 2 man advantage.

Also an incredibly poor atmosphere, maybe the drummer mentioned above is needed after all…

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Also an incredibly poor atmosphere, maybe the drummer mentioned above is needed after all…

Agreed. On all previous visits they’ve been loud and clearly well up for it, but the atmosphere in the home ends was abysmal yesterday.  Even after the goal it just muted down quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Really important Waggott (if still involved) puts all 31,000 seats on sale for the return at Ewood on 4 January.

I’d make it £15 a ticket and split the Darwen End.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, philipl said:

Really important Waggott (if still involved) puts all 31,000 seats on sale for the return at Ewood on 4 January.

20 quid a pop and 5k for them.

Easily 22/24k will rock up as long as we have been doing reasonably ok.

The cup game years ago was a near full house at a discounted rate and not much bother made the headlines.  Ewood was redeveloped for games like this it's what the big ground is all about but under his tenure there has been a constant reluctance to take advantage of big games/local games and try and fill it up.

His lack effort on pushing this has been abysmal, same with the PNE  game. 

What's changed in the 20 years since that cup tie apart from them being better than us and us being the ones desperate to pull in the crowds again ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Some of you guys saw a different game to me but in the end only the score line matters, and that said honours even.

We featured 3 players who’d only been at the club 24 hours and another 2 who played once for us before so no huge surprise at times we were a little disjointed. Just on unrest and players leaving, we’ve shipped out those that we needed to/were agitating for moves. Surprised Trafford didn’t go, think he will in January & if Koleosho plays as he can imagine someone will come for him in Jan as well. So i do agree we now need to see if Parker can blend them into a team or not. We were much better than I had expected after recent results and all the turmoil.

As for your performance - it was so different to the home game last season. You put up a proper fight - and that goal was top drawer. In the end it was a fair result IMO as despite having all the possession etc we didn’t really create a lot of big chances and I think you defended really well, especially with 10 men, kept us to shots from outside the box. 

Didn't Benson not want to go? 

Also have many players wanted to leave cos Kompany left or cos they signed for PL football? 

What did you think Parker's tactics yesterday after we went down to Ten men? Would you have done anything different? 

We were very well organised and defending well is down to different head coach and Eustace deserves praise for it aswell as the players. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was just two players coming together on the the Dolan “ goal “. I don’t think either player was properly aware of the other, so you had a collision. Play on for me. Nobody was catching Dolan anyway.

Play on or a red card for the last man taking out the attacker - I'll let you pick your poison.

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

The ref? Seemed fairly standard to me. Thought you got away with a couple of bad challenges. The red was stupid but it is a rule about bookings for waving imaginary cards so when you’ve already had a card, harsh or not, you should be careful . I also thought Hannibal got lucky, he seemed to be berating the Lino and he already had a card. Thought we had a penalty shout as well but haven’t seen it back yet so not certain. Also on the disallowed goal, I don’t think it was offside but I did think Esteve was fouled in the build up - again haven’t seen it back yet. Overall I thought the ref was about what I expect.

Disagree. Although maybe his approach to some calls are becoming more standard in the prem, which is regrettable. 

I honestly couldn't believe some of the yellows given yesterday, for both sides. There were plenty of physical challenges - and thank God after our last trip to your place! - but I don't remember much in the way of leniency with 50/50 calls. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think Burnley have some very good players at Championship level.

Parker is not the idiot some on here make out - he's got 2 teams up from the Championship already.

I think Burnley will secure an automatic promotion and providing we secure the other automatic spot, I wouldn't mind.

I understand the Rovers / Burnley rivalry having lived through it and experienced it for 60+ years but Ì do think some fans on both sides go overboard.

My two ongoing hopes - Rovers finish higher than Burnley in the league pyramid every year and when we do play them, at the very worse we draw.

Edited by Mercer

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Parker is not the idiot some on here make out - he's got 2 teams up from the Championship already.

with a massive pile of money he has ,burnley are going the other way in getting rid of all their good players,january will be interesting,there could be another car boot sale down at turd morgue

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I think Burnley have some very good players at Championship level.

I think Burnley will secure an automatic promotion and providing we secure the other automatic spot, I wouldn't mind.

I understand the Rovers / Burnley rivalry having lived and experienced it for 60+ years but Ì do think some fans on both sides go overboard.

My two ongoing hopes - Rovers finish higher than Burnley in the league pyramid every year and when we do play them, at the worse we draw.

We'll see where their goals come from. His other promoted teams had Mitrovic and Solanke, who were vital. Foster's goal was good yesterday, but his record isn't great generally. If can step up then I'd have them as likely to go up. Otherwise I struggle to see who else would be able to do that. It definitely seems beyond Rodriguez these days. 

57 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We'll see where their goals come from. His other promoted teams had Mitrovic and Solanke, who were vital. Foster's goal was good yesterday, but his record isn't great generally. If can step up then I'd have them as likely to go up. Otherwise I struggle to see who else would be able to do that. It definitely seems beyond Rodriguez these days. 

Foster won't be up against the likes of Brittain and Hyam every week. They made it easy pickings for an average striker who looked visibly out of shape.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Foster was lucky not to get two yellows. If anything Esteve fouled Hedges in that incident and hopefully given you seem to be fair minded you will see that. The offside is a bread and butter decision which is clearly wrong. Some of the free kicks he gave you particularly late on (when the pressure was ramped up) were unfathomable. The game was too big for him and him and at times he was losing control.

At least 2….

For a ref so keen on the rules why didn’t he book him for his celebration?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

At least 2….

For a ref so keen on the rules why didn’t he book him for his celebration?

He deliberately pulled back one of our players denying us the chance to move into an advantageous position in the first half. His four or five roll reaction in the second half in our penalty area was embarrassing and simulation of the highest order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

Foster won't be up against the likes of Brittain and Hyam every week. They made it easy pickings for an average striker who looked visibly out of shape.

To be fair, they only gave him room the once. But it was costly. 

In the second half they were first to every cross. Really impressed watching them get it right. Credit when it I'd due.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sabino said:

To be fair, they only gave him room the once. But it was costly. 

In the second half they were first to every cross. Really impressed watching them get it right. Credit when it I'd due.

I watched the second half through earlier. On the ground you tend not to notice Hyam much, but he was first to head away a lot of balls played into the box in that half. Yes they were at him and were poor deliveries, but being in right position when they come in is half the battle.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

This is absolutely delusional.

That was one of the most one sided referee performances I've seen in years. It was like watching us play at old Trafford in the 90s and 2000s. He was absolutely desperate to give you a goal but in the end failed. In the end 10 man Rovers were held to a 1-1 draw by 14 man Burnley.

I still think you'll easily win the league, there's some really good players in the squad. I think the problem you'll have is that a lot of those players looked like they think playing for Burnley in the second tier is beneath them. They looked like they will bottle it when it comes to the crunch IMO, however not every team is going to fight the way Rovers did so I think you'll steam roll most of the teams in this division.

I do enjoy your post match reports but I'd appreciate if you remain consistent with posting them, I noticed that you missed last week's game.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

That was one of the most one sided referee performances I've seen in years. It was like watching us play at old Trafford in the 90s and 2000s. He was absolutely desperate to give you a goal but in the end failed. In the end 10 man Rovers were held to a 1-1 draw by 14 man Burnley.

I still think you'll easily win the league, there's some really good players in the squad. I think the problem you'll have is that a lot of those players looked like they think playing for Burnley in the second tier is beneath them. They looked like they will bottle it when it comes to the crunch IMO, however not every team is going to fight the way Rovers did so I think you'll steam roll most of the teams in this division.

I'd appreciate that that you remain consistent with your post match reviews, I noticed that you missed last week's game.

If teams can deal with Burnley's pace out wide they'll stifle their attack. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 21:08, Upside Down said:

I do enjoy your post match reports but I'd appreciate if you remain consistent with posting them, I noticed that you missed last week's game.

Like I said, prior to last week and Sunderland, I'm not doing any post match reports in detail as quite a few posters objected - and that's fair enough, its a Rovers board after all.

I'll say to you, as I've already said, we clearly saw very different games. I saw a game where we dominated almost every aspect inc possession, passes, shots. The one area you dominated was defensively, with 3 times more tackles won & interceptions and 4 times more clearances (44 v 10). Almost half our team had more or less never played together as well. You guys saw a different game, fair enough, We aren't going to agree, that much is clear. I thought the ref missed 2 possible red cards and a possible penalty as well - you thought he "gave us everything". I didn't think we were the finished article and we look a striker light to me as well but I did think we were much the better side. I guess we will see on the 4th of January where each side is at and how we are progressing.

Leeds away next is a tough game so lets see how we do there after, hopefully, a couple of weeks work for the new players on the training pitch.

• Downvote 5