BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Like I said, prior to last week and Sunderland, I'm not doing any post match reports in detail as quite a few posters objected - and that's fair enough, its a Rovers board after all.

I'll say to you, as I've already said, we clearly saw very different games. I saw a game where we dominated almost every aspect inc possession, passes, shots. The one area you dominated was defensively, with 3 times more tackles won & interceptions and 4 times more clearances (44 v 10). Almost half our team had more or less never played together as well. You guys saw a different game, fair enough, We aren't going to agree, that much is clear. I thought the ref missed 2 possible red cards and a possible penalty as well - you thought he "gave us everything". I didn't think we were the finished article and we look a striker light to me as well but I did think we were much the better side. I guess we will see on the 4th of January where each side is at and how we are progressing.

Leeds away next is a tough game so lets see how we do there after, hopefully, a couple of weeks work for the new players on the training pitch.

benny glasses on 

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

nothing like a bit of

36 minutes ago, booth said:

I did think we were much the better side.

nothing like burnley logic,they`de have been saying the same if dolan actually had a football  brain and put it on a plate for weiman and if the linesman and ref actually knew the offside rule

our not so pleasant neighbours will start to go down the league imo.they`ve been sussed out,lots of possesion nothing else,the better teams in the division will have no problem defending and picking them off on the break

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I saw a game where we dominated almost every aspect inc possession, passes, shots.

The problem for you is that you didn't do a great deal with the possession. Trust us. There is absolutely no point talking about how much possession you had in this league. It's what you do with it that counts. At least you are crediting us with being an organised side, something which we haven't been since Allardyce was here.

As for shots, both goalkeepers had to make two saves each throughout the whole game. So the number of shots is irrelevant when they're mostly off target.

We were going there to make life difficult for you. I doubt any Rovers supporter would deny that because you've still got a squad that has had expenditure infinitely more than ours has. Surely you know how the game works. I just find it a little amusing that many of your lot seem to be comforting yourself with little bits of detail when, on paper, you should have been giving us an absolute pasting. And by that, I mean the stat that matters - the score.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

The problem for you is that you didn't do a great deal with the possession. Trust us. There is absolutely no point talking about how much possession you had in this league. It's what you do with it that counts. At least you are crediting us with being an organised side, something which we haven't been since Allardyce was here.

As for shots, both goalkeepers had to make two saves each throughout the whole game. So the number of shots is irrelevant when they're mostly off target.

We were going there to make life difficult for you. I doubt any Rovers supporter would deny that because you've still got a squad that has had expenditure infinitely more than ours has. Surely you know how the game works. I just find it a little amusing that many of your lot seem to be comforting yourself with little bits of detail when, on paper, you should have been giving us an absolute pasting. And by that, I mean the stat that matters - the score.

I agree, ultimately all that matters is the score.

I genuinely approached this game with more apprehension than any in the last decade and a half. We went through major upheaval in the 10/12 days leading up to this, 20 players out (plus a couple still with us who wanted out but didn’t get it) and 15 in. So all things considered I’ll take the draw and look to January and a much better performance and outcome.

In the end we can go around and around and we probably won’t agree. I now expect Parker to be able to work his new signings and existing squad into an effective team. As a club there is no excuse for anything other than a top 4 finish - I won’t say top 2 as 2 other clubs came down with us who have as much right to expect top 2 plus we have the likes of Leeds and Middlesbrough who are exceptionally well financed with strong squads. All that said I still feel we are a striker light so will need goals from midfield - though I seem to recall Flemming has a decent goals record in the Championship.

18 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'll say to you, as I've already said, we clearly saw very different games. I saw a game where we dominated almost every aspect inc possession, passes, shots. The one area you dominated was defensively, with 3 times more tackles won & interceptions and 4 times more clearances (44 v 10).

Firstly, you’re now resorting to stats that don’t sum up always what actually happened during the game. We witnessed it a lot under JDT. Last time you beat us at Turf Moor you scored all 3 goals in the second half. In that same half Rovers had 53% possession and completed about 15% more passes. So what? 

One area we did dominate was proper chances created. Watch the sky highlights and the only time it shows you attack is the goal. Not to say you didn’t move the ball to the edge of the danger area better, but like at Leeds and Leicester last season, we are prepared to do that in tough away games - defend the box and hit on the break. 

In the second half we had 4 shots / chances which were all clearer opportunities than anything you carved out against 10 men. 

You started brilliantly, but from the equaliser until the sending off I was pretty happy with the way the game was going. With what I saw, given the choice I would love to roll the dice and play the rest 11 v 11 of the game rather than take the 1-1.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Firstly, you’re now resorting to stats that don’t sum up always what actually happened during the game. We witnessed it a lot under JDT. Last time you beat us at Turf Moor you scored all 3 goals in the second half. In that same half Rovers had 53% possession and completed about 15% more passes. So what? 

One area we did dominate was proper chances created. Watch the sky highlights and the only time it shows you attack is the goal. Not to say you didn’t move the ball to the edge of the danger area better, but like at Leeds and Leicester last season, we are prepared to do that, defend the box and hit on the break. 

In the second half we had 4 shots / chances which were all clearer opportunities than anything you carved out against 10 men. 

You started brilliantly, but from the equaliser until the sending off I was pretty happy with the way the game was going. With what I saw, given the choice I would love to roll the dice and play the rest 11 v 11 of the game rather than take the 1-1.

That’s your view, the stats say otherwise. Not my stats by the way. Evidence of my own eyes also said otherwise. At the end of the day, as has been said, the only stat that mattered was it finished 1-1 so in fairness whilst you managed to stop us winning 7 in a row and also scored against us for the first time in a decade, neither side won.

IMG_2891.png

• Downvote 1

• Backroom

100's of millions spent and they're on a rival messageboard proudly displaying xG of 0.85 against ten men.

I'd have been keeping that well out of sight. 

The couple of sly digs in the final sentence screams volumes of how rattled they are.

• Like 6

On 02/09/2024 at 02:45, sabino said:

To be fair, they only gave him room the once. But it was costly. 

In the second half they were first to every cross. Really impressed watching them get it right. Credit when it I'd due.

No shot on target in the second half against 10 men a very significant stat.

Ran out of steam and ideas.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

That’s your view, the stats say otherwise. Not my stats by the way. Evidence of my own eyes also said otherwise. At the end of the day, as has been said, the only stat that mattered was it finished 1-1 so in fairness whilst you managed to stop us winning 7 in a row and also scored against us for the first time in a decade, neither side won.

IMG_2891.png

Not interested in possession. We had Mowbray for years so we know all about it.

What did you do with it?

Without a hopelessly incompetent set of officials you would have lost.

Against 10 men for half an hour!

The honours go to us, that's why we are celebrating and your lot aren't.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

'You'll never have a better chance to beat us'.

'First goal and point against us in ten years'.

'We had to integrate x amount of new players'.

All desperate attempts to deflect from them spending more than us in the last year, than us in the last ten, players that want to leave having to start and  failing to score against us for half an hour with ten men.

As we all say, they need the below.

Rattle.jfif

On 01/09/2024 at 20:00, longsiders1882 said:

Some of you guys saw a different game to me but in the end only the score line matters, and that said honours even.

You're not old enough ton have seen the greatest Cup-Tie of ail I'm guessing---Burnley v Rovers 1960, sixth round.

You were coasting at 3-0 up and we came back to draw 3-3.

Try convincing me that only the score line matters! And that honours were even.

Burnley fans on that day trudged out of Turd Moor with even longer and more miserable faces than normal.

They weren't saying, what a terrific, honourable draw! What they were saying is unprintable.

By contrast we were dancing in the streets!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

20 players out (plus a couple still with us who wanted out but didn’t get it) and 15 in. So all things considered I’ll take the draw and look to January and a much better performance and outcome.

You can blame your owner for that, but you've had Alan Pace 3 years?

We've had Venkys for 14 years. The only thing to cheer about was promotion from L1.

If you have another 11 years of Alan Pace selling all of your best players and spending 5% of their worth, and you come to a recently relegated from the PL Rovers @ Ewood Park, after we've just spent £5m on a midfielder, and we only manage a draw against 10 Burnley players. On top of that Burnley managed a perfectly legitimate, but disallowed goal. And let's not forget Alan Pace taking everything out and not putting anything in...

I'll hold my hand up and say that's an excellent result and we really should have done better. And I'd be a bit worried.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

What the last week has confirmed is how idiotic that whole fanbase is. From saying “this is the best chance you’ve had to beat us and if you don’t, you’ve bottled it” (whilst they were odds on with the bookies) to proudly showing off an xG of less than 1 on opposition fans messageboards. 

Yes they may have sold a lot of players recently but they’ve also spent more money this transfer window than any other team in the Championship. You can give me all that net spend argument (which is a fair debate) but when they’ve spent more than the rest of the league, they should have arguably the best team in the league and therefore should be battering teams with budgets like ours (like they do when they go up against City in the Prem).

And don’t even get me started on that song about them winning a 2nd division trophy at our stadium. At least sing about winning a proper trophy… oh wait…

🎶 They won the league at Ewood

but they don’t realise,

A second division trophy 

is not success in our eyes.

Champions of England

in 1995,

that last time that they won it

none of the f***ers were alive. 🎶

• Like 6

16 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

As a club there is no excuse for anything other than a top 4 finish - I won’t say top 2 as 2 other clubs came down with us who have as much right to expect top 2 plus we have the likes of Leeds and Middlesbrough who are exceptionally well financed with strong squads.

Do you think you're financially f*cked under this lot if you don't go up this season? We all hear about the general and dire situation you appear to be in, although any accurate details would be interesting to know.

15 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

IMG_2891.png

And still we drew away from home. By the way, was one of the offsides, at our disallowed goal ?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only stat that matters = 1-1. 

How many games did we lose when Mowbray was here when we had way more of the ball than the opposition ? Just having the ball is meaningless, it’s what you do with it that counts.

This was my point to @longsiders1882, really. Any game of football is about the result because that's what you take home with you. It ended in a stalemate which, for most Rovers supporters, leaves us quite happy that we stopped the rot of results against Bonlah. As for the Dingles, am I the only one seeing a bitterness about not winning? A slight fall from grace might be getting to them, hence silly words of comfort about "dominating possession".

Longsiders says they've had 10-12 days of upheaval. Try 10-12 years of it. You'll find little to no Rovers supporters were arrogant or big-headed enough to say "but, but, but..." when we weren't getting the results we wanted. As a club, Rovers deserved everything we got. You lot wanted a win. You didn't get it. You didn't break us down. That's football. Suck it up and stop being a bunch of babies with your comfort blankets because that's all I've seen in the aftermath. It was a draw, for God's sake...

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Do you think you're financially f*cked under this lot if you don't go up this season? We all hear about the general and dire situation you appear to be in, although any accurate details would be interesting to know.

I think their owners are in danger of doing a Leeds if they don't win promotion.

The impression I've got from what little notice I've paid to them is that everything seems to be mortgaged up to the eyeballs banking on them reaching the prem.

They've outspent everyone else in the division again and have appointed a manager that has already got two teams promoted. If they don't manage to go up ot will be a huge failure.

Hopefully they do fail, are completely financially fucked and fuck off back down to division four where they belong.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

IMG_2891.png

I'm a bit confused about these stats, the "big chances" and "big chances missed" - did we not have at least a couple, Travis and Dolan? 

Meanwhile, the levels of bitterness and disillusionment are strong in this video, sheeesh:

To save anyone the chore of watching it, I lasted 10 mins:

“An opportunity missed for them - there best chance of beating us in the last 15 years, and they didn’t even try to do it. It shows a lot where the two clubs are.” 

“They didn’t come with a proactive plan to try and win the game.”

"To show such a level of dominance against them I feel they’re going to behind us for a very long time.” 

“We were totally dominant” then “but we didn’t threaten the keeper too much.” 

“Gueye didn’t look a coordinated footballer.”

“I can’t give them credit for their goal as there was some sloppiness from our defence.” 

“He could have sent the entire Blackburn team off for time-wasting.” 

Funnily no mention of the offside goal, again.

Drinking the koolaid in BB10 clearly. There's definitely a theme developing that others have mentioned, forgetting their Lord Dyche roots, that we somehow are awful and backward because we chose to defend with 10 men. Odd. I'm sorry we ruined their usual 3 points in the fixture, apologies for not rolling over. 

I need to leave it, can we not just all agree it was great to have a competitive derby again?

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I'm a bit confused about these stats, the "big chances" and "big chances missed" - did we not have at least a couple, Travis and Dolan? 

Meanwhile, the levels of bitterness and disillusionment are strong in this video, sheeesh:

To save anyone the chore of watching it, I lasted 10 mins:

“An opportunity missed for them - there best chance of beating us in the last 15 years, and they didn’t even try to do it. It shows a lot where the two clubs are.” 

“They didn’t come with a proactive plan to try and win the game.”

"To show such a level of dominance against them I feel they’re going to behind us for a very long time.” 

“We were totally dominant” then “but we didn’t threaten the keeper too much.” 

“Gueye didn’t look a coordinated footballer.”

“I can’t give them credit for their goal as there was some sloppiness from our defence.” 

“He could have sent the entire Blackburn team off for time-wasting.” 

Funnily no mention of the offside goal, again.

Drinking the koolaid in BB10 clearly. There's definitely a theme developing that others have mentioned, forgetting their Lord Dyche roots, that we somehow are awful and backward because we chose to defend with 10 men. Odd. I'm sorry we ruined their usual 3 points in the fixture, apologies for not rolling over. 

I need to leave it, can we not just all agree it was great to have a competitive derby again?

Didn’t try to win it? With the same amount of shots on goal eh? Rattled lads.