BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I'm a bit confused about these stats, the "big chances" and "big chances missed" - did we not have at least a couple, Travis and Dolan? 

Meanwhile, the levels of bitterness and disillusionment are strong in this video, sheeesh:

To save anyone the chore of watching it, I lasted 10 mins:

“An opportunity missed for them - there best chance of beating us in the last 15 years, and they didn’t even try to do it. It shows a lot where the two clubs are.” 

“They didn’t come with a proactive plan to try and win the game.”

"To show such a level of dominance against them I feel they’re going to behind us for a very long time.” 

“We were totally dominant” then “but we didn’t threaten the keeper too much.” 

“Gueye didn’t look a coordinated footballer.”

“I can’t give them credit for their goal as there was some sloppiness from our defence.” 

“He could have sent the entire Blackburn team off for time-wasting.” 

Funnily no mention of the offside goal, again.

Drinking the koolaid in BB10 clearly. There's definitely a theme developing that others have mentioned, forgetting their Lord Dyche roots, that we somehow are awful and backward because we chose to defend with 10 men. Odd. I'm sorry we ruined their usual 3 points in the fixture, apologies for not rolling over. 

I need to leave it, can we not just all agree it was great to have a competitive derby again?

They'll be back to "Pace Out" soon.

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Do you think you're financially f*cked under this lot if you don't go up this season? We all hear about the general and dire situation you appear to be in, although any accurate details would be interesting to know.

Not aware of the finer details but no I don’t think we are . We’ve just raised around 120 million in sales/compensation. We’ve still got parachute payments to come as well.

A lot of people spouting because we sold a couple of players but in reality there were 3 factors feeding into that:

1. A couple of them were simply too good to keep hold off, particularly Odobert (£25m-£30m). Think he’s the genuine article. 

2. Kompany was allowed to sign a bucketload of players. I think we had 42 on the books. Clearly too many and we had to trim.

3. We had a few who were disgruntled, either by Kompany or because they only signed for Kompany and/or they didn’t want second tier football.

No doubt we wanted/needed to raise some to balance the books but I think a lot of people interpreted the sales as a firesale (which is a nonsense because the basic component of a firesale is knock down prices, we got top value for pretty much all the sales) when in reality, at least my understanding of things, it was a combination of the three things I’ve put there. Obviously we will know more when the accounts are submitted but I think (hope maybe) we are reasonably solid financially.

If we don’t go back up within 2 seasons things might well be different though.

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

forgetting their Lord Dyche roots, that we somehow are awful and backward because we chose to defend with 10 men.

Never, easily my best years as a fan, I doubt they’ll be beaten in my lifetime. Eustace isn’t fit to lace his boots but he definitely learned a few things from watching Dyche teams.

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

need to leave it, can we not just all agree it was great to have a competitive derby again?

Absolutely, that’s the whole point of them. With minimal jeopardy you get minimal excitement.

• Backroom

My apologies in advance. To the tune of Delilah…

My my Aaaaaandi Weimaaaan

Why why Aaaaaaandi Weimaaaan

Iiiiiii could see

You were well worth signing for free!

And theeeen you smashed in a volleyyyy against Burnleyyyy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

No doubt we wanted/needed to raise some to balance the books but I think a lot of people interpreted the sales as a firesale (which is a nonsense because the basic component of a firesale is knock down prices, we got top value for pretty much all the sales) when in reality, at least my understanding of things, it was a combination of the three things I’ve put there. Obviously we will know more when the accounts are submitted but I think (hope maybe) we are reasonably solid financially.

Rovers are now something like £142m in debt, mainly thanks to Venkys over 14 years of bad decisions. We've only got away with it because they are billionaires.

In 2021, Burnley were £50m to the good. 3 years later ALK have taken Burnley close to the amount of our club debt. Hence the player sales. Some are anticipating more in Jan, and even worse times if you don't look like you're going back up.

I can see why some Burnley fans don't care for him.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not aware of the finer details but no I don’t think we are . We’ve just raised around 120 million in sales/compensation. We’ve still got parachute payments to come as well.

A lot of people spouting because we sold a couple of players but in reality there were 3 factors feeding into that:

1. A couple of them were simply too good to keep hold off, particularly Odobert (£25m-£30m). Think he’s the genuine article. 

2. Kompany was allowed to sign a bucketload of players. I think we had 42 on the books. Clearly too many and we had to trim.

3. We had a few who were disgruntled, either by Kompany or because they only signed for Kompany and/or they didn’t want second tier football.

If we don’t go back up within 2 seasons things might well be different though.

Never, easily my best years as a fan, I doubt they’ll be beaten in my lifetime. Eustace isn’t fit to lace his boots but he definitely learned a few things from watching Dyche teams.

Absolutely, that’s the whole point of them. With minimal jeopardy you get minimal excitement.

Any truth in the rumours, that some Burnley players had no relegation clauses in their contracts and at least 2 are still on the books? 

Edited by Waggy76

7 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I'm a bit confused about these stats, the "big chances" and "big chances missed" - did we not have at least a couple, Travis and Dolan? 

Meanwhile, the levels of bitterness and disillusionment are strong in this video, sheeesh:

To save anyone the chore of watching it, I lasted 10 mins:

“An opportunity missed for them - there best chance of beating us in the last 15 years, and they didn’t even try to do it. It shows a lot where the two clubs are.” 

“They didn’t come with a proactive plan to try and win the game.”

"To show such a level of dominance against them I feel they’re going to behind us for a very long time.” 

“We were totally dominant” then “but we didn’t threaten the keeper too much.” 

“Gueye didn’t look a coordinated footballer.”

“I can’t give them credit for their goal as there was some sloppiness from our defence.” 

“He could have sent the entire Blackburn team off for time-wasting.” 

Funnily no mention of the offside goal, again.

Drinking the koolaid in BB10 clearly. There's definitely a theme developing that others have mentioned, forgetting their Lord Dyche roots, that we somehow are awful and backward because we chose to defend with 10 men. Odd. I'm sorry we ruined their usual 3 points in the fixture, apologies for not rolling over. 

I need to leave it, can we not just all agree it was great to have a competitive derby again?

Their entire identity as a football club and as a town is to despise us, this just demonstrates it.

It's ruined their season already, they simply cannot comprehend we don't have such a unhealthy obsession that we'd take a well earned point, with 10 men. Absolutely heads gone. 

If they believe out best chance of beating them was with 10 men against a side that's had over £100 million spent on it, whilst they are 'streets ahead' I don't know, but reality never did land well over there. Desperate for crumbs of comfort to take any form a moral victory in their tiny insular echo chamber.

These people are the same who wanted Dyche out for a new style, believe football is all about Xg and possession and box entries. At least when we've been beaten by them, we've had the half decency to slag ourselves off and recognise the realities.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, goozburger said:

They were at it in the last two weeks. Then it wasn't as bad as they thought. And it's back to "Mr. Pace" again. 😄 

That's what a 1-1 draw at home against 10 man Rovers will do for you.

It equals an easy win away at unbeaten Leeds according to some of them.

• Backroom

Shows how stats can be misleading. Somewhere in the first half Sky showed the bollocks xG of something like 0.3 for them (after their goal) but then it leaps to 0.8 at the end 

I can’t think of a single ‘big chance’ missed from them yet the Dolan and Travis ones come to mind for us, then again I can’t remember the 2 saves Pears made. Along with Baker having a half chance on his left foot I really think we created a lot more than they did second half but naturally a chunk of that was on the counter. Parker just seemed to lack any nouse on how to approach the game second half.

For me I was quite content with it, would have much preferred the bragging rights back home but I’m not going to go OTT singing from the rooftops about it because they just aren’t that important to me. However it was a really solid point against a team fancied to win the league with us having 10 men for 40 minutes.

edit - just remembered they hit the post on a corner first half so maybe that was the ‘big chance’

Edited by Tom

The "offside" Dolan goal would have been a very high xg if it had not been flagged to the point where because the xg for both sides were less than 1, it would massively change that.

Also, we had 2 big chances bur because the shot wasnt taken at the ideal time, again that xg is massively affected. Dolan should have squared for a Weimann tap in and also released Travis far sooner at the end, they were both massive openings.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The "offside" Dolan goal would have been a very high xg if it had not been flagged to the point where because the xg for both sides were less than 1, it would massively change that.

Also, we had 2 big chances bur because the shot wasnt taken at the ideal time, again that xg is massively affected. Dolan should have squared for a Weimann tap in and also released Travis far sooner at the end, they were both massive openings.

Dolan doesn't think fast enough does he?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On their forum some of them try and make out their West Yorkshire derby with Leeds is up there with us, aye ok 😅

In all fairness some on here were trying to claim our game against the non entity that is Preston North End was more important than the dingles.

No it fucking isn't.

• Like 3

It’s a geography thing, if you are a Rovers fan from south Ribble you are going to care much more about PNE than a Rover from Accy.

So yeah I suppose all those Dingles that live in the likes of Keighley will look to Leeds (guess what all their support doesn’t come from ‘a town of 80,000, highest percentage going to games in the universe’ like they try and make out).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a geography thing, if you are a Rovers fan from south Ribble you are going to care much more about PNE than a Rover from Accy.

So yeah I suppose all those Dingles that live in the likes of Keighley will look to Leeds (guess what all their support doesn’t come from ‘a town of 80,000, highest percentage going to games in the universe’ like they try and make out).

Well they can't all come from Bonlah if the population is only 80000 and their average weekly attendance is well over a quarter of a million.

• Like 1

Living in Darwen, Preston are deemed a non entity and Bolton come a close second to Burnley in the ‘banter/rivals’ thing. In our teenage years, Blackburn and Darwen were the places to go for a night out but Bolton also featured as well. 

At one time there was a bit of rivalry between lads from Darwen and Bolton and I seem to remember fisticuffs taking place at the Darwen Youth Club near the library. You think Burnley are bad in the knuckle dragging stakes but that lot from Bolton take some beating.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I was born in Blackburn but we moved to Rochdale when I was 5. I grew up watching us in the 1960’s and because of that and where we were living the rivalry with us and  the Red Rats was alway paramount for me. Most of my pals were Utd fans.  Of course for years we very rarely played them but it was great when we did start  playing them again, and beating them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was born in Blackburn but we moved to Rochdale when I was 5. I grew up watching us in the 1960’s and because of that and where we were living the rivalry with us and  the Red Rats was alway paramount for me. Most of my pals were Utd fans.  Of course for years we very rarely played them but it was great when we did start  playing them again, and beating them.

Born and brought up in Rossendale in the 70's and early 80's there was never any question that Burnley were the only true rivals. At school there were a few Bolton fans due to the catchment area of the school but Burnley fans outnumbered everyone else at the time. I don't remember many Utd or City fans - although I guess there were some. I think it was probably a bit too early for the TV ' glory hunter' supporters to have appeared.

There are rivalries with every team from the north west. It's just the nature of it. But the dingles will always be the one that matters.

On another note, you never hear teams from round our way complaining about how many derby games we have to play like all the shit London teams do.

Soft southern bastards.

• Like 1

Burnley will have plenty of new fans in the heartlands between dingleville and Leeds, loads around Skipton etc and Leeds catchement area is huge so there is bound to be some rivalry up there.

There's nowt else. 

A bit like there being a keen Rovers / PNE rivalry around Brig and Leyand, Lostock Hall etc back in the day.

Edited by tomphil

Being from the Accy area I have a lot of experience of Dingles. Worked with them, played Football against them, never had one as a mate. Summat not right about them.

When we were enjoying our halcyon days in the mid 90s I still rejoiced when they got beat. I'd get " you're in the Prem but obsessed with us" I'd reply "I'm not obsessed, I'll just always fucking hate you."

Edited by Gordon Ottershaw
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Being from the Accy area I have a lot of experience of Dingles. Worked with them, played Football against them, never had one as a mate. Summat not right about them.

When we were enjoying our halcyon days in the mid 90s I still rejoiced when they got beat. I'd get " you're in the Prem but obsessed with us" I'd reply "I'm not obsessed, I'll just always fucking hate you."

Let's face it, you've got to have some issues to support Burnley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I barely gave them a thought in the mid 90s.

• Like 1

Me neither, I always thought the ‘no nay never’ chant was a bit quaint back then talking about some lower league manager in ‘Jimmy Mullen’.

Yes, they were our local rivals, of course they were. But it was a bit like how I imagine, say, Stoke fans think about Port Vale, not really on your radar most of the time. It shows how we’ve fallen that soooooo many of our chants/our discourse now bang on about that lot.

• Like 1