BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 07/09/2024 at 13:54, Moptop1 said:

But, but, but, but… they were a new team and need time to gel. 🙄

Had this conversation the other day, good lads to be fair. They were saying about the players they'd lost. 

I said you've just spent £50 million, they said £48 million actually. 

On 10/09/2024 at 17:01, rigger said:

Leeds and Dingles draw, we win, we are above both of them. 

Dingles will get beat if they play like they did against us. They looked like a decent team struggling in the goalscoring dept. And our defence isn't great.

On 07/09/2024 at 11:53, chaddyrovers said:

to @longsiders1882 and @sympatheticclaret Please could I asked yourselves a few questions? 

1, what do you make of your transfers in and out this summer? 

2. what do you make of your squad now? is there anywhere owt you would have liked to strengthen like another striker for example? 

3. what are expectations for the season under Parker? 

4. what's your opinion on this rumour of discontent around the club since Kompany left and players wanted out

5, last question, what's your opinion on Alan Pace and the ownership there? 

Just seen this Chaddy ...

1. Happy enough ... if players don't want to be here, then go. We seem to have got good money for most of them, so a " firesale " it wasn't ..the squad was massively bloated.

2. Agree with your idea of another striker, as a minimum. 

3. Play-offs .. much will depend on injuries, Beyer's return ( February '25 ) can't come soon enough for me.

4. The players were sold the dream, and Kompany's presence & reputation as a player will have been a draw factor. You can't blame them for being unhappy at his departure. There are also mumblings about a certain agencies involvement, and also that a considerable number of these players were living in a luxury apartment block, in which VK had a financial interest ..

5. I think Alan Pace is a decent man, who is genuine in his desire to see Burnley succeed. He's relocated, his daughter is married to a local lad, and I believe his father spent a period of time in East Lancashire as a Mormon missionary in the late 60's. 

I write this after our 0-1 win away at Leeds, which is a great result, despite a less than stellar performance. This week, we have tied down Josh Cullen, Maxime Esteve and Luca Koleosho with improved 5 year contracts and signed John Egan, the Irish International centre-back on a one year deal. All good stuff, although these new 5 year deals may only be a means to maximise a Transfer fee when the time comes ..

7 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

5. I think Alan Pace is a decent man, who is genuine in his desire to see Burnley succeed. He's relocated, his daughter is married to a local lad, and I believe his father spent a period of time in East Lancashire as a Mormon missionary in the late 60's. 

Having seen the Book of Mormon, that is hilarious.  I cannot wait to see the remake where the missionaries travel to Dingleland rather than Uganda

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Having seen the Book of Mormon, that is hilarious.  I cannot wait to see the remake where the missionaries travel to Dingleland rather than Uganda

I went to see that at the “ Palace “ theatre in Manchester last week. It was brilliantly performed but not my cup of tea at all. I didn’t enjoy it. If you like “ Mrs Browns Boys “ you’ll enjoy “ The Book Of Mormon “. 

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I went to see that at the “ Palace “ theatre in Manchester last week. It was brilliantly performed but not my cup of tea at all. I didn’t enjoy it. If you like “ Mrs Browns Boys “ you’ll enjoy “ The Book Of Mormon “. 

Cant stand "Mrs Browns Boys". 

The Book of Mormon is written by the guys who created South Park, so that is probably the easiest link to make in terms of style/humour

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like you, not my cup of tea and if truth be told I couldn't wait for the bloody thing to end when I sat through it!

As for Burnley, I honestly think Parker has done a cracking job there so far.  I was talking to both a Burnley 'diehard' (who follows them home and away) and an ex Burnley player last night and both admitted they faced the season with some trepidation but are now very confident they will finish first or second.  TBH, I don't disagree.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Like you, not my cup of tea and if truth be told I couldn't wait for the bloody thing to end when I sat through it!

As for Burnley, I honestly think Parker has done a cracking job there so far.  I was talking to both a Burnley 'diehard' (who follows them home and away) and an ex Burnley player last night and both admitted they faced the season with some trepidation but are now very confident they will finish first or second.  TBH, I don't disagree.

They’re always confident mate, there must be something in the water over there.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2024 at 23:33, sympatheticclaret said:

I write this after our 0-1 win away at Leeds, which is a great result, despite a less than stellar performance. 

Notably Burnley parked the bus with eleven men away from home.

A week after Rovers fans were told what a poor team we were for parking the bus with 10 men away from home.

• Like 5