BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Scott Wharton was out with Covid same as Davenport I believe. 

Nyambe was set to start but complained about tight hamstring injury. 

Really poor performance? really? even tho we were the only team that like winning that game until 60 mins

We were winning that game all day long until Pears had a nightmare. But he will recover from this. His 3 performances in the league shows he is decent keeper but still very young and need more regular football IMO to develop his game maybe

For 60 mins we were a little bit better than an awful Wigan from the 3rd Division. That is all we were. Then it went Pearshaped.

4 hours ago, rock steady said:

Gotta be one of the worst attempts to punch a cross I have ever seen. Zero conviction.

He tries to punch that with one hand, his left.

He's a Boro academy product?

FFS. Beyond pathetic.

Look I have thought about this a lot. At the mediocre level I played at I never ever played with a keeper as suspect as Pears. Ever. Not even at school.

We give this piece of crap what 4 year deal on decent wages. Football fecks with my brain

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really poor performance? really? even tho we were the only team that like winning that game until 60 mins

We were winning that game all day long until Pears had a nightmare. But he will recover from this. His 3 performances in the league shows he is decent keeper but still very young and need more regular football IMO to develop his game maybe

He is as far from a decent keeper as you can be,if his name was Jones or Smith he'd be nowhere near the first team.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, den9112 said:

I witnessed some flares being set off ,I also witnessed one fan being booked by the police for attempting to take a flare in,he was not allowed in the ground after.

I seen 1 set off when we scored but thats was it, 

I didn't spend any time in the concourse myself. 

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For 60 mins we were a little bit better than an awful Wigan from the 3rd Division. That is all we were. Then it went Pearshaped.

we will the better team and we never give them much at all

It went very pear shaped after we put together our best passing move of the game. 

Even at 2-2 we had chance to get to extra time and win it then. But we couldn't keep it tight for 5 mins. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

we will the better team and we never give them much at all

It went very pear shaped after we put together our best passing move of the game. 

Even at 2-2 we had chance to get to extra time and win it then. But we couldn't keep it tight for 5 mins. 

I really thought we were back in at 2-2.

Even thinking a pen shootout would give Pears a chance to redeem himself

The commentator on the stream I watched was critical of Ayala's  header. Idiot. Ayala did absolutely the right thing heading in down. 

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I really thought we were back in at 2-2.

Even thinking a pen shootout would give Pears a chance to redeem himself

The commentator on the stream I watched was critical of Ayala's  header. Idiot. Ayala did absolutely the right thing heading in down. 

I agree with the first 2 points. 

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He tries to punch that with one hand, his left.

He's a Boro academy product?

FFS. Beyond pathetic.

Look I have thought about this a lot. At the mediocre level I played at I never ever played with a keeper as suspect as Pears. Ever. Not even at school.

We give this piece of crap what 4 year deal on decent wages. Football fecks with my brain

The lad was excellent against Preston at home and Bournemouth away, where we took 6 points, did you have the same opinion then Asia? 

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Did the header go in ?

Of course. A bounce makes it so difficult for a keeper to judge the angles.

If close in a downwards header is the way to go or it was accordinging to one of my coaches, an ex pro striker with Southport and Tranmere.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

5 hours ago, Scutdog said:

Couldn’t agree more! I was embarrassed to seats being smashed up - don’t know what goes through someone’s head to do that. I didn’t enjoy the game one bit, mostly because I was thinking about whether I’d want to bring my lad to an away game to watch a game with that sort of nonsense going on. 

I know all clubs have this mindless element but it seems to be increasing at Rovers away matches (as been mentioned more prevalent at local matches - which is all the more annoying as for a lot of supporters those are some of the only away games you can get to and should be enjoyable!). 

This last 2 or 3 seasons, the behaviour of these morons has got worse as was evidenced yesterday.  The numbers of those involved has increased and I’ve been determined that these scumbags will not spoil my Saturday afternoons entertainment. However, at 67 years of age, and after yesterday, I’m beginning to think that I can’t be bothered with all the hassle associated with these away matches.

Things is these dickheads will go one step too far and will pick on the wrong person or group and end up in Blackburn Royal having had a good tanking. I’ve seen it so many times over the years.

My take was that we were the better side in the first half, and probably should have got ourselves ahead with a few good chances missed, although Wigan themselves went close on a couple of occasions. As the half went on I thought the game deteriorated.

Second half I thought Wigan stepped it up and the game became more aggressive and bad tempered. I thought they ended up the better side after we were forced into changes.

The concern for me was that after equalising we did the old habit of surrendering any momentum or initiative from the goal to the opposition. I would expect having equalised so late in the game to be the side pushing for a winner yet after Ayala scored it was like a switch had been pressed and Wigan seized the initiative, pressured us and went and got the winner.

Only one side looked like winning it after we made it 2-2. This is something that has happened frequently before this season under Mowbray - we press for and get an equaliser and then once we've scored we look like a different side - seemingly switching off or losing momentum having scored. Whether that is thinking it is 'job done' or not being able to cope with the opposition responding to a goal I don't know.

I've seen a few people saying that we were in total control, should have won comfortably but for Pears' errors and can't agree. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My take was that we were the better side in the first half, and probably should have got ourselves ahead with a few good chances missed, although Wigan themselves went close on a couple of occasions. As the half went on I thought the game deteriorated.

Second half I thought Wigan stepped it up and the game became more aggressive and bad tempered. I thought they ended up the better side after we were forced into changes.

The concern for me was that after equalising we did the old habit of surrendering any momentum or initiative from the goal to the opposition. I would expect having equalised so late in the game to be the side pushing for a winner yet after Ayala scored it was like a switch had been pressed and Wigan seized the initiative, pressured us and went and got the winner.

Only one side looked like winning it after we made it 2-2. This is something that has happened frequently before this season under Mowbray - we press for and get an equaliser and then once we've scored we look like a different side - seemingly switching off or losing momentum having scored. Whether that is thinking it is 'job done' or not being able to cope with the opposition responding to a goal I don't know.

I've seen a few people saying that we were in total control, should have won comfortably but for Pears' errors and can't agree. 

Take Pears mistakes out of the equation we win simple...not too sure why you cant see that JH. Regardless of team formation managers instructions ...substitutions ...its a done deal.

Individual mistakes on the day cost us ..end of.

Now ..if we want to question Pears actually playing ..thats certainly a different opoint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they are all spotty teenagers who think they are hard,any serious trouble and i`ll guarantee they run off quickly,couple of seasons ago at bolton,there were 20 of them acting like p****s all match,after the game  outside a  few bolton fans who were proper blokes chased them all the way to horwich parkway station,😊,they wer`nt so tough when it came to having a real fight

See it all the time it happened at Wolves once the were giving it the c'mon all game from yards of seats away to blokes 2 or 3 times their age.  Outside afterwards about 3 of them had a go when the proper thugs came after them the rest scattered like flies.

Absolute mugs they are pretty much opposite to the old Rovers little firm who kept quiet but didn't run.

Not that i'm condoning it.

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

The lad was excellent against Preston at home and Bournemouth away, where we took 6 points, did you have the same opinion then Asia? 

He was not exposed to much but coped quite well. Excellent? well ok, but really just doing his job.

He made 4 major errors yesterday in one match. 4. 

3 resulted in goals and he got incredibly lucky on the other.

Have you seen similar before in professional football?

I haven't.

I don't have to be all Rah Rah when crap is blatantly obvious.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He was not exposed to much but coped quite well. Excellent? well ok, but really just doing his job.

He made 4 major errors yesterday in one match. 4. 

3 resulted in goals and he got incredibly lucky on the other.

Have you seen similar before in professional football?

I haven't.

David De Gae FA Cup Semi Final last season I think it was against Chelsea and he’s one of the best keepers in the world.

Young keepers make mistakes it's all part of the learning curve that's why they should be playing week in week in out somewhere else lower down to learn their trade. It did Raya no favours here sat on the bench every week for a few seasons instead of being loaned out.

Pears has shown good and bad attributes in his brief stints but that's pretty much standard for an inexperienced average keeper. It is however very worrying when you see one completely lose his head when hes put under a bit of pressure the way he did yesterday. Jake Kean springs to mind, a couple of Brad like performances followed by inexplicable wobbles that finished his first team career here.

Yesterday, a blip or a big red flag ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Of course. A bounce makes it so difficult for a keeper to judge the angles.

If close in a downwards header is the way to go or it was accordinging to one of my coaches, an ex pro striker with Southport and Tranmere.

If it went In what’s the problem ? I was taught to head down to hit the goal line.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Scott Wharton is out with Covid, then he’s been a naughty boy, as he pulled up alongside me at the traffic lights on the way into Clitheroe this morning….

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If Scott Wharton is out with Covid, then he’s been a naughty boy, as he pulled up alongside me at the traffic lights on the way into Clitheroe this morning….

Well we have to see. But if not covid or Injury then he should have been on bench tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it went In what’s the problem ? I was taught to head down to hit the goal line.

OK I will make it easier.

1. We are singing from the same hymn sheet.

2. The match commentator criticised Ayala's header, not me.

3. As I have already stated, and before you did, I was also taught to head downwards.

4. I really hope that clears it up.

• Like 1