BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, rickard said:

Never heard of him, but he does seem to work for one of the most tabloid like sites in Sweden, FotbollDirekt.

I have not seen that rumour anywhere else in Sweden, so I don't think there is much to it, more than a lazy link to his former club,

Ahmehodzic is a bit of a strange one imo, a few years ago he was valued around 8-10 million EUR. There are lots of rumours around him, seemed certain for Lazio if I remember correctly. In the end he leaves on loan to Bordeaux, with a clause of around EUR 4 million. I'm not sure what happened to be honest.  Would probably be a great signing for us if he would consider this leauge, but I personally think he's got his mind set on bigger leauges, maybe PL, FR or Serie A. 

From what I've read the Bordeaux loan was a mandatory fee at the end. So he's a Bordeaux player. They are financially fucked and are now in the third tier of French football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Would still mean that we got over twice our money back from the initial outlay I suppose (assuming the £7 million figure is broadly right) but it's a large enough slice to be annoying. 

I agree but after the start he had and what we could do if we got to reinvest that money. It's not too bad. Ideally we'd try for a player plus cash deal if we can't get the amount we want.

Edited by Danny O.Brien

12 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think it's like 20% sell on of any profit. I'm trying to remember back to when we signed him. Meaning if we got 20 that's 13 profit, so they would get 2.6 if my maths is right.

Seems unfair to me.

After all we were the ones who had to put up with him all that time he was crap!

We don't actually know what the arrangement was though, only that there was one.

46 minutes ago, Neal said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/antonio-colak-entices-rangers-transfer-27295001.amp

Don't be surprised to see us sign this lad. Rangers and ourselves seem to be shopping in similar markets these days too. It mentions other clubs being interested, I would imagine one of them being Rovers. This would be one of the least surprising signings to see JDT make. 

I'd love that, he was CLASS when he as on loan at Malmö FF. Granted the Swedish league is not at the top of European football (We're ranked 22nd atm I think). But still, class player.

Edited by rickard
forgot a word.

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

Seems unfair to me.

After all we were the ones who had to put up with him all that time he was crap!

We don't actually know what the arrangement was though, only that there was one.

Fairer than him walking next summer for free. Like arguably three of our best players this summer. Or paying seven million, him being as bad as the season before last and going for nothing or next to nothing haha. Just be glad he some how managed to turn it round at the begining and for moments towards the end of the season.

Edited by Danny O.Brien

42 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I agree, as we paid over the odds in the first place. All comes down to how thick a slice of the profit we have been daft enough to sign up to - 10% is usually more standard than Armstrongs 40%

In hindsight we didn't pay over the odds for him. Hopefully no more than 10%.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Fairer than him walking next summer for three arguably three of our best players this summer. Or paying seven million, him being as bad as the season before last and going for nothing or next to nothing haha. Just be glad he some how managed to turn it round at the begining and for moments towards the end of the season.

Oh yeah, fairer than any of that! Fairer than a whole set of circumstances while we're at it!

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats just another sad act in his/her room wanting to be an ITK and creating random rumours chaddy, ignore it.

18 hours ago according to that, Cheltenham were closing in on Marlon Pack, he joined Pompey yesterday. It also says that CJ Hamilton is going to join PNE for 100k, as if that would happen.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Don't agree. We paid way more than he was worth at the time.

We were taken to the cleaners and paid ten grand for a faulty car, and spent loads of money trying to put it right. Then, we found  a gold ring, worth fifteen grand, wedged in the seat. Somehow, the law said we had to give the original owner 30% of what the ring was worth....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

Don't agree. We paid way more than he was worth at the time.

The skill in profiting from player recruitment is finding players who are worth more than their asking price (regardless of how high it may seem at the time). 

credit has to go for mowbray for that, just as we’d slam mowbray for paying over the odds for someone who didn’t end up performing for us. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

The skill in profiting from player recruitment is finding players who are worth more than their asking price (regardless of how high it may seem at the time). 

credit has to go for mowbray for that, just as we’d slam mowbray for paying over the odds for someone who didn’t end up performing for us. 

Or letting contracts run down! .... Totally shameful ... Off with his head

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

100% last seasons sale of Armstrong with no replacement was criminal. There was nothing to suggest Brereton could replicate the goalscoring void Armstrong left.

Thankfully BBD, did, however his injury, said goodbye to promotion, and had we bagged a striker in the summer, then i think we'd have picked up more points than we did in 2022

It was Mowbray and the fuck up he constructed that cost us any chance of promotion 

According to Sharpe the interest in Ahmedhodzic is genuine with a loan to buy looking most likely. He has 2 years left on his deal. 

IMO this would be an incredible start to our summer business and would leave me very comfortable with our CB options for next season with Ahmedhodzic, Wharton, Carter, Ayala and Phillips fighting for 2 starting positions. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

According to Sharpe the interest in Ahmedhodzic is genuine with a loan to buy looking most likely. He has 2 years left on his deal. 

IMO this would be an incredible start to our summer business and would leave me very comfortable with our CB options for next season with Ahmedhodzic, Wharton, Carter, Ayala and Phillips fighting for 2 starting positions. 

This and the Malmo striker are the most interesting links for me so far. No prancing ponies, battle hardened players still young enough to have drive and ambition.

• Like 1

Whilst i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the 'loan to buy' route if the player in question is of good quality, it does leave me wondering when we will just 'buy'.

Sooner or later we need to invest real money into players on real contracts with us, not kicking the can down the road for another 12 months as quite soon we will end up with no assets left.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J*B said:

In a total contradiction to the above I was told Rovers are offering him out at 20M and want it done quickly. So who knows!

Sounds feasible given he has only 12 months left on his contract and is player number 4 out of 4 Waggott has failed to convince to sign a new deal but I suppose what you're being told would also be in total contradiction of what Broughton said about there being a very healthy budget.

Or whatever the exact wording it was that he employed. Would be a very bad start for him if he said one thing and the opposite was in fact the case.

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Whoever had been negotiating contracts and transfer fees should be sacked if they're still around. The B BD deal was over priced without the sell on clause, so many players have had contracts run down, and that Armstrong deal..... appalling.

Didn't Mowbray once say that Venus gets himself involved with the negotiations 

Edited by andyroversmad
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

Didn't Mowbray once say that Venus gets himself involved with the negations

Venus was supposedly in charge of negotiating transfers at one point.

Probably why we could never get any deals over the line or, if we did, why they were on such massively unfavourable terms.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Am I correct in thinking that Forest are due a cut of any transfer fee?

To use Sharpe's terminology "It is understood" there is no sell on percentage (and at the price we paid there bloody well shouldn't be) but I'm not 100% certain on that.