BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

That's a fact is it? According to who? Liar Waggott? According to him Lenihan was signing a new deal last year.

I wish I was so relaxed to be able to shrug this off as "it is what it is" whilst rivals pillage out squad. I prefer to see a reaction. At the very least heads rolling to ensure we aren't in the same situation next year.

This club can't afford what has happened today. Something needs to happen to ensure it doesn't occur again.

Can't be doing with the doom mongers lately and the team will never get anywhere if some folk are constantly looking for someone to vilify at the club, The new manager needs everyone pulling in the same direction and an air of positivity about the club otherwise he'll be gone in months and WE WILL just end up with a Simon Grayson type manager.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Can't be doing with the doom mongers lately and the team will never get anywhere if some folk are constantly looking for someone to vilify at the club, The new manager needs everyone pulling in the same direction and an air of positivity about the club otherwise he'll be gone in months and WE WILL just end up with a Simon Grayson type manager.

So a few supporters being critical on a message board might end up with the new manager leaving? I actually know some of the 'doom mongers' who very rarely miss matches and support the team. It is what it says on the tin a message board.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So a few supporters being critical on a message board might end up with the new manager leaving? I actually know some of the 'doom mongers' who very rarely miss matches and support the team. It is what it says on the tin a message board.

yes eventually! and it's not "a few" negativity spreads like a cancer if not kept in check and Tommason doesn't seem the kind to want to work in a constantly depressing workplace environment

Complain about legit things like st prices that can still be changed, but average players leaving because they want more money.... fck em, none of those players could give a toss about you or the club and they're gone now. I'm more interested in seeing who we eventually bring in to replace them

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

We didn't get fees for them, so it can't be a fact, therefore obviously it is my opinion. 

Obviously we didn't but you said 'Even if we had got fees for the three of them, we would not have seen any of it for replacements.' like you knew we wouldn't have spent it. This implied you knew for sure.

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

yes eventually! negativity spreads like a cancer if not kept in check and Tommason doesn't seem the kind to want to work in a constantly depressing workplace environment

Complain about legit things like st prices that can still be changed, but average players leaving because they want more money.... fck em, none of those players could give a toss about you or the club and they're gone now. I'm more interested in seeing who we eventually bring in to replace them

How does a message board equate to a work place environment? Despite the dross we endured under Mowbray how often was the match day environment negative? A few boos and 'Mowbray sort it out' chants? for context this is a message board of which the vast majority of Rovers fans won't be aware of let alone the new manager. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

yes eventually! and it's not "a few" negativity spreads like a cancer if not kept in check and Tommason doesn't seem the kind to want to work in a constantly depressing workplace environment

We’ve had twelve years of supporting the “ constantly depressing workplace environment “ known as Blackburn Rovers.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

but getting those deals done was tricky', 'we'll carry it over to January', players in the building to sign but terms changed at th

How can it be anything other than tricky if our wage structure doesn't allow us Tommy what others will? It would be humiliating to see players choosing the likes of Preston, Blackpool and Bolton over us.

But that's what could happen. Our new management team need to point out a few facts to our hapless owners and so-called administrators.

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Aren't the academy and pitches FFP exempt?  Shouldn't be an issue with our illustrious owners never refusing a cheque. 

I'm pretty sure they are exempt as it's not wages and transfer costs. If you remember Waggot bragged about a new Desso pitch being installed last summer at a cost of a few million which the owners reneged on leaving him red faced. As it wouldn't have impigned on P&S it threw the 'never refuse to sign a cheque' theory into serious doubt.

Disclaimer - I'm not blaming Waggott for this 😃

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Unfortunately it is a bit more serious than "we move on" and from what I have heard it is more of a complex situation than "greedy players".

To ignore and absolve the Club of any responsibility is just not acceptable IMO.

I want to see accountability and consequences to such a damaging turn of events. A shrug of the shoulders and "we move on" won't cut it. We have lost 3 key players for nothing. Unacceptable at any club but especially one where executives and fans have spent the last 5 years talking about FFP problems.

I am just waiting for the latest 'we can't spend due to FFP' article in the Telegraph. I will flip my lid when it does.

£10 million down the toilet in lost player value and at least part of that is a direct result of the way the Club has approached the issue of contracts.

The people responsible for this almighty mess need identifying, calling out and at a normal club sacking. They want fans just to shut up and accept it.

JDT is another conversation. I am optimistic about him, wish him the best and don't blame him for the mess he's walked into. But I can't just accept this. My complaints on here and in private settings will have zero impact on the team and JDTs management.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately it is a bit more serious than "we move on" and from what I have heard it is more of a complex situation than "greedy players".

To ignore and absolve the Club of any responsibility is just not acceptable IMO.

I want to see accountability and consequences to such a damaging turn of events. A shrug of the shoulders and "we move on" won't cut it. We have lost 3 key players for nothing. Unacceptable at any club but especially one where executives and fans have spent the last 5 years talking about FFP problems.

I am just waiting for the latest 'we can't spend due to FFP' article in the Telegraph. I will flip my lid when it does.

£10 million down the toilet in lost player value and at least part of that is a direct result of the way the Club has approached the issue of contracts.

The people responsible for this almighty mess need identifying, calling out and at a normal club sacking. They want fans just to shut up and accept it.

JDT is another conversation. I am optimistic about him, wish him the best and don't blame him for the mess he's walked into. But I can't just accept this. My complaints on here and in private settings will have zero impact on the team and JDTs management.

Your starting point in getting an answer is simple the players declined to take up deals offered to them Thas a pretty simple fact to get your head around.

DL and RN had offers on the table over 2 years ago and have mulled over them renegotiated and yet failed to sign them despite allegedly agreeing deals i principle. Rothwell was never going to stay he wanted out 2 yrs  ago and that is straight from the wags mouths In mankchester having had a fall out with two others at the midland!

• Like 2

The wage structure is concerning. From what I've heard previously it means that players are entitled to % increases when renewing contracts.

If our structure dictates a player can't have a dramatic increase in salary then we've shot ourselves in the foot before negotiations even begin. Its not like a normal job where you work within a pay scale. By our skewed logic, Messi could come through our academy, the entire team be totally reliant on him, yet he'd be paid less than the rest of the squad. It's no wonder there's discontent. Nyambe being paid the same as Pears and less than Davenport. To then be told, we'd love to pay you more but we can't as it would break the pay structure. What an awful excuse. And something for Waggot to hide behind.

In short our pay structure encourages the movement of players as its the only way for a player to negotiate on their terms, rather than be tied into a set of ill fitting rules.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Your starting point in getting an answer is simple the players declined to take up deals offered to them Thas a pretty simple fact to get your head around.

Its simple alright but meaningless. If the offers were too low for the players involved then of course they would reject them. and that's obviously how all 3 felt.

We've thrown 3 first-teamers away for nothing. That is failure and will cost more than nothing to replace them like for like won't it?

Looks like we'll be reliant on loans again instead of building a side.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Read the full article he was outlying underlying costs to the club!

The underlying costs for all clubs are bound to have risen over the last couple of years -  Just like they have for every single house hold in the UK.  I'm not sure why he's whinging about it. 

Perhaps replacing the pitch when they said they would -  would have been more cost effective long term🤷🏻‍♂️.

Ultimately though if the squad ends up stronger than last year by the end of the window, that's what matters. 

• Like 1

DL and RN had offers on the table over 2 years ago and have mulled over them renegotiated and yet failed to sign them despite allegedly agreeing deals i principle. 

Are you seriously saying that they took 2 years to decide on a 3 year contract extension?  Sound like it wasn't there or why not just take the pay rise...🤷‍♂️ hmm...Billy bullshit going on somewhere 

• Like 4

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Perhaps replacing the pitch when they said they would -  would have been more cost effective long term🤷🏻‍♂️.

Someone should tell them that waiting for the stands to fall down and then rebuilding them isn't cost-effective either!

• Like 4

DL and RN had offers on the table over 2 years ago and have mulled over them renegotiated and yet failed to sign them despite allegedly agreeing deals i principle. Rothwell was never going to stay he wanted out 2 yrs  ago and that is straight from the wags mouths In mankchester having had a fall out with two others at the midland!

Again, it isn't so simple. Nobody had offers on the table 2 years ago. The club did nothing on new contracts during the Covid lockdown. This is part of the issue. We were too late addressing things. 

Of course it is a simple fact the players declined the offers made to them. The issue is what offers were made, when, how were these players treated in negotiations. 

Very easy for the Club to offer 'improved' terms. But if it is too late, disrespectful or a pathetic raise then that adds another dimension to the simple situation you refer to.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If the players won't sign new contracts or what they want is beyond us then you try to sell them with 18 months or a year left on their deals.

You keep saying they had deals on the table for 2 years well why the hell didn't the club sell them then?

It's a club failing that we zero money for them.It isn't the fault of the players.

• Like 2

Really feel for Waggot sometimes.. Players playing games & yet he has to run a ship that’s leaking money ….

These 3 players had no intention to resign and have been playing the club for years now …. Even Mowbray was fed up of answering questions …..They should have been sold off but even then nobody wanted to sign them apart from Bournemouth in the last 6 years but the owners put a stop to that ….. Waggots done well with GB & jDT by hook or by crook …..

The quicker the round table gets installed at Brockhall the better we can start signing players ……

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its simple alright but meaningless. If the offers were too low for the players involved then of course they would reject them. and that's obviously how all 3 felt.

We've thrown 3 first-teamers away for nothing. That is failure and will cost more than nothing to replace them like for like won't it?

Looks like we'll be reliant on loans again instead of building a side.

Losing three players is not great. I know for a fact that both Rothwell and Lenihan have got deals between 2.5x and 4x what we can pay. It’s really as simple as that - Money!

What really should lead to the club being hauled over the coals is why this wasn’t sorted last summer.

A simple “Darragh, we’re offering X, is that enough for you or not?” 

Darragh - “No”

Us - “Right, tell your agent to find you another club please”

SOLD!!

Not selling JR at Christmas was sacrilege. SW and TM had four players including Siriki Dembele and Jed Wallace lined up on long deals which would’ve cost net Zero against the sale, only for Suhail (Venkys) to refuse the sale.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Really feel for Waggot sometimes.. Players playing games & yet he has to run a ship that’s leaking money ….

These 3 players had no intention to resign and have been playing the club for years now …. Even Mowbray was fed up of answering questions …..They should have been sold off but even then nobody wanted to sign them apart from Bournemouth in the last 6 years but the owners put a stop to that ….. Waggots done well with GB & jDT by hook or by crook …..

The quicker the round table gets installed at Brockhall the better we can start signing players ……

I'm sure his 300k a year makes up for it!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

As with most things in life, nothing happens until someone sells something......BBD has to go for JDT to put his stamp on the team....question is, has Tesco got the nous to get the best deal for him or will this be another asset which leaves the building for free.?