BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There were extenuating circumstances given our League position at the time. With hindsight, it was a gamble that didn't quite pay off not selling Rothwell to our main rivals at the time in January, but I think the owners were completely correct to take the stance they did.

It would have been at a minimum areally bad look going forward, and frankly the last straw if he'd excelled for them and fired them to promotion and we'd dropped away as we did.

That particular issue of should we/ shouldn't we have sold Rothwell isn't really relevant to how we got into the position of all three walking out for nothing however.

Lets be honest - re Rothwell - did he not run his contract down at Oxford as well ?

Nyambe was in and out of favour with Mowbray - so possibly that had an impact.

Lenihan is the strange one - with many on this board thinking he would re-sign.

One thing you can't ignore - is with the absence of a transfer fee, opposing teams can give appropriate signing on fees that make the whole package probably more than Rovers were offering.

Which ever way you look at it - keeping a sustainable wage bill with our crowds is always going to be a challenge - especially against the better supported clubs, or those with parachute payments. Luton showed it can be done - whether they maintain the same level next season will be interesting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

This has been a horrific thread since about page 87. For the love of god someone chuck a name out there, anyone seen Martyn Waghorn in the co-op on livesey branch road?? Will take anything right now 

💯

It's not even funny banter, just boring tedious,  pedantic bickering

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Which ever way you look at it - keeping a sustainable wage bill with our crowds is always going to be a challenge - especially against the better supported clubs, or those with parachute payments. Luton showed it can be done - whether they maintain the same level next season will be interesting.

We are nothing like Luton financially, why do people always ignore the £20m p.a. the owners pump into the Club on top of our existing revenue?

The Club's we should be judging ourselves against should be ones with a turnover of around £30m p.a.

• Like 2

Nepotism can work both ways that's why it gets ignored in football i presume.

Hedges looks decent enough once given a chance and a position.  The paying a needless fee for him then not using him properly when we couldn't win raises the real questions.

That was more down to what was in Mowbrays head rather than who's his family.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jaybes said:

This has been a horrific thread since about page 87. For the love of god someone chuck a name out there, anyone seen Martyn Waghorn in the co-op on livesey branch road?? Will take anything right now 

harrison read seen coming out of the fielden arms and then going into the ali raj indian takeaway,sped away in a black mercedes onto livesey branch road🤐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Are you able to name another 23-24 year old with that many league games and a RB who would be a suitable replacement?

Ayala needs selling 

Callum Brittain

James Bree

26 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Burns with 3/4 goals against Darwin.

Why he's not in Portugal I do not know

Probably cos Vale is ahead of him. 

I would look for loan move for Sam Burns. 

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

There's every chance we weren't even planning on retaining Nyambe as our first choice right back, that Zeefuik was pencilled in as stepping into his shoes. Obviously that didn't really work out because of injuries. Whether he was just unlucky or simply a crock I guess we'll never know.

Fans (on here anyway) are getting frustrated there's only 1 player through the door so far, hence this thread being 90% bollocks and bickering. 

Think about it logically. We've got a new manager and a slightly less new DOF. Reports suggest Park already had a list drawn up for potential signings. Would it be THAT ridiculous if JDT wanted some time with his current crop of players first before going through said list, or indeed finding his own targets with the help of Broughton?

I certainly wouldn't want us signing players willy nilly without input from the new gaffer.

Do people really give a shite that Burnley have signed a few players from league 1? Just my opinion but it suggests it's Pace signing them just like he did with Weghorst- look how that worked out. I find it hard to believe Kompany knows league 1 inside out.

Most of what you say is very fair. Would you not accept however there is a LOT to do before the start of the season?

Maybe the recruitment experience will be a completely different animal under Broughton ,JDT and his team to that under Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Park. I think people can be forgiven for being nervous though as it seems to me we've had immense trouble landing  players in general over the last 5 years and have been virtually unable to land "oven ready" (sorry) or off the peg experienced Championship performers.

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

https://capology.com/uk/championship/salaries/

Compare our estimates to the top salaries then delete your post 😂 

An interesting list, if accurate, of course.

For anybody who can't be bothered trawling through the pages, here are a few numbers that it claims our players are on per week:

Ayala - 15K

Gally - 14K

Kaminski - 13K

Lenihan - 12K

Dack - 11K

Pickering - 9K

Edun - 8K

Hedges - 7.5K

Brereton - 6K

Nyambe - 4.4 K

Rothwell - 4K

Pears - 3.4K

If the above is true, you can see why Nyambe and Rothwell in particular might have got cheesed off with it all. Bournemouth can easily quadruple what Rothwell is on here so we were never going to win that once they showed an interest in him. Should have been sorted much earlier with him though.

Hypothetically, offering Nyambe say, 6K a week is an increase but still not a "good offer" in the grand scheme of things. Not saying that's what the offer is, but for a penny pincher like swag any increase will seem like a good deal, it would appear not for the players concerned however.

Just for comparison's sake. Below are a few names linked to Rovers/suggested on here and the wages they are supposedly on, or were on most recently:

Mawson - 31K, Cantwell - 25K, Kipre - 22.5K, Lolley - 17.5K, Dembele - 16K, Kristian Pedersen - 15K, Obafemi - 12.8K, Maja - 12.6K.

We've really got our work cut out in attracting the better standard of Championship player due to this wage budget. It's no wonder the kids are being talked up, imo. Just got to wait and see what JDT and Broughton have lined up, I suppose. I'm confident they will have targets in mind and might even find a few bargains, but the wait isn't helpful for us as supporters right now. Need a signing as soon as possible, really, to get the ball rolling and ease some of the concern.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of what you say is very fair. Would you not accept however there is a LOT to do before the start of the season?

Maybe the recruitment experience will be a completely different animal under Broughton ,JDT and his team to that under Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Park. I think people can be forgiven for being nervous though as it seems to me we've had immense trouble landing  players in general over the last 5 years and have been virtually unable to land "oven ready" (sorry) or off the peg experienced Championship performers.

Yes there's a lot to do, but it was expected when we changed manager anyway to be honest.

And yes past transfer experience and the sluggish nature of it will haunt people, at least for now though we have to trust Broughton to pull some strings and get that side of things right. Proof will be in the pudding....

If Sharpe is right and Broughton is returning to the UK before the players, he may well have his shortlist tucked away in his suitcase and get straight down to business. Why else would he return home sooner...

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

For anybody who can't be bothered trawling through the pages, here are a few numbers that it claims our players are on per week:

Ayala - 15K

Gally - 14K

Kaminski - 13K

Lenihan - 12K

Dack - 11K

Pickering - 9K

Edun - 8K

Hedges - 7.5K

Brereton - 6K

Nyambe - 4.4 K

Rothwell - 4K

Pears - 3.4K

If the above is true, you can see why Nyambe and Rothwell in particular might have got cheesed off with it all. Bournemouth can easily quadruple what Rothwell is on here so we were never going to win that once they showed an interest in him. Should have been sorted much earlier with him though.

Hypothetically, offering Nyambe say, 6K a week is an increase but still not a "good offer" in the grand scheme of things. Not saying that's what the offer is, but for a penny pincher like swag any increase will seem like a good deal, it would appear not for the players concerned however.

Just for comparison's sake. Below are a few names linked to Rovers/suggested on here and the wages they are supposedly on, or were on most recently:

Mawson - 31K, Cantwell - 25K, Kipre - 22.5K, Lolley - 17.5K, Dembele - 16K, Kristian Pedersen - 15K, Obafemi - 12.8K, Maja - 12.6K.

We've really got our work cut out in attracting the better standard of Championship player due to this wage budget. It's no wonder the kids are being talked up, imo. Just got to wait and see what JDT and Broughton have lined up, I suppose. I'm confident they will have targets in mind and might even find a few bargains, but the wait isn't helpful for us as supporters right now. Need a signing as soon as possible, really, to get the ball rolling and ease some of the concern.

If true, but believable 

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Re Rothwell, if we’d sold him to a rival in January this M/B would have been in meltdown. Fair play to the owners for refusing good money but it went drastically wrong, now all the captain hindsight’s are saying we should have sold him, and you’re right no one knows how much we’ve offered the other 2,  so why does everyone say we didn’t  offer enough… might come out one day. I personally think Lenihan got a good offer but who knows.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There were extenuating circumstances given our League position at the time. With hindsight, it was a gamble that didn't quite pay off not selling Rothwell to our main rivals at the time in January, but I think the owners were completely correct to take the stance they did.

It would have been at a minimum areally bad look going forward, and frankly the last straw if he'd excelled for them and fired them to promotion and we'd dropped away as we did.

That particular issue of should we/ shouldn't we have sold Rothwell isn't really relevant to how we got into the position of all three walking out for nothing however.

How anyone can possibly justify owners overruling the manager they choose to employ is absolutely insane.

And how the owners intercepting a potential sale at considerable profit is "irrelevant" in the case of Rothwell is again beyond having an agenda.

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If Sharpe is right and Broughton is returning to the UK before the players, he may well have his shortlist tucked away in his suitcase and get straight down to business. Why else would he return home sooner...

Well, hopefully. That's why I was concerned about him being in Portugal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Ayala - 15K

Gally - 14K

Kaminski - 13K

Lenihan - 12K

Dack - 11K

Pickering - 9K

Edun - 8K

Hedges - 7.5K

Brereton - 6K

Nyambe - 4.4 K

Rothwell - 4K

Pears - 3.4K

There's no way Dack is only on 11k, which puts the veracity of the rest of the list in doubt.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i know for a fact that dack is on 18k a week and he`s the top earner,gally,ayala and the rest of the senior pro`s won`t be to far behind i guess

That's the number iv'e seen mentioned before, can earn up to 25k with goal, win bonuses etc 

Sounds plausible.