BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I think we all should get behind the manager... .to be fair he hasn't signed anyone yet.....Mowbray and Waggot has sent Rovers in a really bad state... Hopefully GB and JDT and his team can do wonders....

As a head coach....JDT says who he wants to GB who has to negotiate and try and ge the players in to talk to JDT.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Wilder is an experienced manager. Maybe he knows it's a smart move to have 2 quality players in as many positions as possible and is planning for injuries, suspensions, cup games, rotation. Add to the fact Ryan can cover centre back, bet if he goes there he plays alot of games. It's called having a plan, imagine that.

Precisely. The contrast couldn't be more stark between us and them.

We've now reached a point due to budget cuts and neglectful / incompetent recruitment that we are trying to convince ourselves we will be OK because our starting XI looks ok when we've no injuries or suspensions.

Of course the astute clubs and managers know this isn't a competition where a good XI wins the day, it is a squad game and you really need cover in all positions.

That gets overlooked here presumably because having depth represents too much of a cost.

One club wants promotion and will do all it can to get there, the other is just content to make up the numbers whilst the middle men cut budgets and impress their bosses.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

I think we all should get behind the manager... .to be fair he hasn't signed anyone yet.....Mowbray and Waggot has sent Rovers in a really bad state... Hopefully GB and JDT and his team can do wonders....

As a head coach....JDT says who he wants to GB who has to negotiate and try and ge the players in to talk to JDT.

Dof reminds me of Moneyball, must be because i watched it the other night

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Mowbray left a more than capable squad. Waggott is the main culprit for me and he’s still here. Letting established first team players in their mid/early twenties run down their contracts is a bad idea. 

Rothwell we probably stop from going, but along with Raya and Nyambe was mismanaged here. Received peanuts for Raya and nothing for Nyambe, Rothwell and Lenihan. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Naah, he can't jump, regularly gets skinned by any attacker with a modicum of nous and pace, often finds himself in advanced positions but without any notion of where to go or what to do with the ball, and on the odd occasion he bursts forward and gets a cross in there is no-one in the middle to do anything with it so the move breaks down.

For me, Nyambe can go and the only regret is that somehow the club contrived to miss out on a fee for his services.

He is a full back, doesn't have to be an aerial powerhouse, most arent. Can you name a few players who has skint him? Any games that spring to mind that backs up that statement? Yes there is room for improvement going forward but he is a championship full back, if he had it all he would be in the Premier League, he is the best we could have imo. Struggle to see us getting in anyone coming in that will be an upgrade. All the Nyambe sceptics hyped Zeefuick up in spite of Ryan and looked how that panned out. 

• Like 5

I think the fact that they are going to Scotland for a week after todays game means that it will be at least another week before anything happens.

I still think the season will be well under way by the time we bring anyone in.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, neophox said:

There hasn’t been any murmurs that anyone is less than 100% behind the manager 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Mowbray left a more than capable squad. Waggott is the main culprit for me and he’s still here. Letting established first team players in their mid/early twenties run down their contracts is a bad idea. 

Rothwell we probably stop from going, but along with Raya and Nyambe was mismanaged here. Received peanuts for Raya and nothing for Nyambe, Rothwell and Lenihan. 

Exactly this but as usual nobody is accountable and these plonkers continue to collect their over inflated wages whilst someone else tries to clear up the mess.

53 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Naah, he can't jump, regularly gets skinned by any attacker with a modicum of nous and pace, often finds himself in advanced positions but without any notion of where to go or what to do with the ball, and on the odd occasion he bursts forward and gets a cross in there is no-one in the middle to do anything with it so the move breaks down.

For me, Nyambe can go and the only regret is that somehow the club contrived to miss out on a fee for his services.

It's all about the replacement, all he needs to be is competent but what he's likely to be is JRC !

It's all a game of confuse the masses.

Who is responsible?

Is it Venkys?

Is it Pasha?

Is it Waggott?

Is it Broughton?

Is it Mowbray?

Is it Tomasson?

Nobody knows and yet again we are on the cusp of a season well off where we should be and nobody takes responsibility.

They know what they are doing. Keep shifting the focus and avoids anyone taking the blame.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Fantastic defender, just not great going forward. Will we replace him with better? At the minute it doesn’t look like it! 

But he isn’t a fantastic defender is he? How many times is he found wanting and out of position ? He is continually at fault for simple goals conceded and yes he isn’t alone on that score but to say he is fantastic really??

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think the fact that they are going to Scotland for a week after todays game means that it will be at least another week before anything happens.

I still think the season will be well under way by the time we bring anyone in.

That’s an inane remark it’s a tad over 200 miles away from Ewood

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Its funny, we watch the same player but reach different conclusions.

We can agree on the failure to get a fee though.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If the Chokers weren’t prepared to invest when we were sat in 2nd place after Christmas they aren’t going to invest now. I would have thought that was obvious.

Nothing is obvious.Nobody on here can predict what they what they are going to do.

It's not like they have never opened up the purse strings

• Like 1

Not that the new boss is anything like him, but I do remember the odious Coyle, using the excuse that we hadn't made our signings until late in the window, so wanted to be judged a few games in and after a poor start.

I know it isn't easy, but if we do have money to spend and are targeting certain positions, it needs to start happening now.