BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Here's Shane Long's stats.

There's no doubt he runs a lot and is probably a nice lad, but in terms of scoring goals, he's always been absolutely horrific.

Most defenders score more.

We'd not just be scraping the barrel if we'd signed him, we might as well re-sign Simon Garner and play him up top instead - £10 bet on him scoring more over the season than Long.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 20.24.44.png

Quick, sign him up!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Here's Shane Long's stats.

There's no doubt he runs a lot and is probably a nice lad, but in terms of scoring goals, he's always been absolutely horrific.

Most defenders score more.

We'd not just be scraping the barrel if we'd signed him, we might as well re-sign Simon Garner and play him up top instead - £10 bet on him scoring more over the season than Long.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 20.24.44.png

it would be close,though garns is 63,so you`de have to excuse his slow start while he caught up,still got more striker nous at his age than some players i can mention 😊

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JonJonTheDon said:

Send me your details, there’s no chance that happens

I have to assume that by 'outscoring anyone' he really meant 'anyone' rather than 'everyone'. And yeh there's a small chance he would outscore Kaminski.

• Like 1

Shane Long my arse, as previously suggested a slightly younger, more prolific, out of contract Lewis Grabban would be a far better option.

The only potential stumbling block could be wages, 25k a week at forest but at this stage of his career would surely lower expectations and join on am incentive based deal.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, neophox said:

Diaz going IF not signing a new deal.

wheres the bids? And has Diaz been offered a new deal?

Would love him to stay if we have the funds to get a few players In too. He is so hot commercially at the moment but Rovers have not seemed to tap in on it. Even if it was a 2 year deal it would see this season out and still have a re sale value next summer. That would be a win win for us in my opinion. 
On the whole transfer/ manager front I would be very surprised, even with the mis management of our club for years, that the new set up with JDT, Remy, Ben etc would have been put in place without a promise of backing.  I know it’s been mentioned about Lambert before and that’s a fact, wasn’t given the backing promised but I think lessons will have been learnt (hope 🙏🏻). 
I will probably get slated but I got a feeling of Kenny and Ray again when JDT and Remy signed, just got that new beginning feeling again. Might be right or might be wrong, only time will tell. 
I am staying optimistic and will judge when the window is closed and have seen his first few games/ results/ performances. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think this is a bit of a non issue...

But out of curiosity really which of our other CBs are left footed? 

Wharton.

2 left footed centre backs are a very rare combination so I would feel a bit uneasy about it personally.

I do rate Davies as a Championship centre back but the fact that our reliable CB that remains is also left footed is a big concern should any interest be genuine and materialise.

I am not convinced that we will go for him though anyway, especially as a potential loan with a fee if there is any truth in that.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Time to spend again after last seasons cheapy ideas after deciding to save it for the next manager.

The idea that Venkys temporarily refrained from investing because they didn't trust the manager yet kept him anyway is as far-fetched as it is illogical.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wharton.

2 left footed centre backs are a very rare combination so I would feel a bit uneasy about it personally.

I do rate Davies as a Championship centre back but the fact that our reliable CB that remains is also left footed is a big concern should any interest be genuine and materialise.

I am not convinced that we will go for him though anyway, especially as a potential loan with a fee if there is any truth in that.

The idea that Venkys temporarily refrained from investing because they didn't trust the manager yet kept him anyway is as far-fetched as it is illogical.

in swagchester and venkyland nothing is illogical or far fetched😪

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Westspam seem to looking elsewhere at a foreign striker and are hoping to get Lingard on a free, sort of rules them out splashing £20m on BBD, leaves Leeds United as his only Premiership option unless forest come and get him

If it comes to that, which I hope it doesn't bearing in mind our lack of activity elsewhere so far, Leeds would be able to massively outbid West Ham having just sold 2 players for c £110 m.

Knowing the way they operate West'aaaammm would probably want him for a packet of jelly babies and a half eaten Mars Bar.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just watch all the games in a mirror.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Galz said:

Would love him to stay if we have the funds to get a few players In too. He is so hot commercially at the moment but Rovers have not seemed to tap in on it. Even if it was a 2 year deal it would see this season out and still have a re sale value next summer. That would be a win win for us in my opinion. 
On the whole transfer/ manager front I would be very surprised, even with the mis management of our club for years, that the new set up with JDT, Remy, Ben etc would have been put in place without a promise of backing.  I know it’s been mentioned about Lambert before and that’s a fact, wasn’t given the backing promised but I think lessons will have been learnt (hope 🙏🏻). 
I will probably get slated but I got a feeling of Kenny and Ray again when JDT and Remy signed, just got that new beginning feeling again. Might be right or might be wrong, only time will tell. 
I am staying optimistic and will judge when the window is closed and have seen his first few games/ results/ performances. 

Best post on here for a while and the most sense spoken about BBD as well.

Whilst we need a number of quality additions in like yesterday, I do feel everyone is going slightly overboard with the pessimism and the "We can't compete" narrative.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Westspam seem to looking elsewhere at a foreign striker and are hoping to get Lingard on a free, sort of rules them out splashing £20m on BBD, leaves Leeds United as his only Premiership option unless forest come and get him

But, he is a foreign striker, he's Chilean! 😂

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is a reason why very few teams have central defensive partnerships of 2 left footers, it just tends to seem particularly imbalanced.

But what the difference between 2 right footed centre back and 2 left footed centre back?

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would you willingly accept players that you personally concede aren't "ideal" for the role we need them to play? Why make do? Surely we should sign someone perfectly suited to what we want. Not settle with "not ideal but fine."

Cos JDT is happy enough to sign a left footed centre back to play with either Ayala or Wharton then so be it. Plus adds to competition for the centre back position. 

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-late-interest-emerges-as-middlesbrough-look-to-strike-deal-for-ex-blackburn-rovers-man/

Two French clubs looking to hijack Nyambe's move to Boro. I'd certainly prefer he moved leagues, strengthening a rival for free with one (or two in Boro's case) of our academy products is particularly galling.

I think he would be better going to France then boro to be fair. 

• Like 2