BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So it was ok for you to continually ‘piss and moan’ last season, but if someone does that this summer they are ‘negative’, ‘just like the LT comments’, ‘drama queens’ etc?

Fair enough if you now have faith we are entering a bright new dawn, and thus a new found *positive mindset*, but it’s a bit of a brass neck for you of all people (unlike someone like Mani, who to be fair to him, never sways from his life mantras) to start calling folk out, who in *their opinion*, haven’t yet seen enough (any?) evidence that we have reached these sunlit uplands…

You need to stop scim reading posts and just picking out the odd words that suit your whinging

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 hours ago, 47er said:

If ts impossible what's the point of it all? By definition, nothing can be done.

That's hysterical pessimism from you.

I want the club to do better, not for supporters to tell me its too hard. Barnsley and Luton made Top 6 in the last 2 seasons

FFS, yet we haven't in 11 seasons.

Exactly. It's Mowbray's propaganda that is being repeated by some, whether it is realised or not.

A few years back I asked Mowbray a direct question about our transfer activity when he was in the town. He was startled by the question as he clearly wasn't expecting it. He gave me something about it "being difficult" even though we were close with a few.

How many times did we hear the "It's difficult" line from him to the press? Repeated by fans constantly since.

It's still "difficult" now, though other clubs seem to manage ok.

He was banging on about how "we can't compete" to the press, so that started being the go to response of some fans, and still is.

He also said you "need a miracle" to do what Barnsley and Luton did, so some of our fans think it's unrealistic to even mention those two clubs now.

Swag gives some claptrap over tea and it gets repeated as though all is well and grand plans are in place.

Only my opinion, but we need to quit doing the club's PR for them by actually saying it how it is. This forum is the only place, from what I can see, where that happens. I don't know why that would make some fans uncomfortable. It's coming from a damn good place. Desperately wanting the club to be restored to what it was and for standards to return.

However, to see low grade operators take us further in the opposition direction, but tell us "sustainable Premier League club", like we were born yesterday, makes me quite angry.

They will deservingly be called out for it until their actions show us they want to go up. Sadly, it looks like they have just bought themselves three more years to amble along by selling us this youth project. We'll be back in L1 again before we ever get back to the Premier League (if the latter happens at all under this lot).

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

You need to stop scim reading posts and just picking out the odd words that suit your whinging

What am I ‘whinging’ about exactly? I just like to read all opinions, ‘positive’ or ‘negative’, and will engage both.

You obviously can’t see that it is you that is now ‘whinging’ about folk doing exactly what you’ve spent most of your time on here doing. 

But it looks as if you also can’t debate the actual issues without posting like a 12 year old and throwing silly insults about.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What am I ‘whinging’ about exactly?

If you can’t debate the actual issues without posting like a 12 year old and throwing silly insults about, don’t bother.

You're whinging about me whinging about you (in this instance!)

But yes you just carry on ignoring and twisting my simple points, then just reply with your arrogant belittling remarks 👏👏

I know better than to post tediously long winded posts for the likes of you who would still just cherry pick odd sentances to suit your own narrative and ignore the actual meat and bones of the post. 

You said there’s a few on here that are relentlessly negative (is that an incorrect, cherry picked interpretation, apologies if it is?) …

My response was - just like you were all last season!

If you don’t like being called out as a hypocrite… don’t be one and engage their actual points and how they are incorrect (or ignore them, don’t just whinge about ‘negativity’).

*Anyway, feel free to clean up all this, Mods!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Exactly. It's Mowbray's propaganda that is being repeated by some, whether it is realised or not.

A few years back I asked Mowbray a direct question about our transfer activity when he was in the town. He was startled by the question as he clearly wasn't expecting it. He gave me something about it "being difficult" even though we were close with a few.

How many times did we hear the "It's difficult" line from him to the press? Repeated by fans constantly since.

It's still "difficult" now, though other clubs seem to manage ok.

He was banging on about how "we can't compete" to the press, so that started being the go to response of some fans, and still is.

He also said you "need a miracle" to do what Barnsley and Luton did, so some of our fans think it's unrealistic to even mention those two clubs now.

Swag gives some claptrap over tea and it gets repeated as though all is well and grand plans are in place.

Only my opinion, but we need to quit doing the club's PR for them by actually saying it how it is. This forum is the only place, from what I can see, where that happens. I don't know why that would make some fans uncomfortable. It's coming from a damn good place. Desperately wanting the club to be restored to what it was and for standards to return.

However, to see low grade operators take us further in the opposition direction, but tell us "sustainable Premier League club", like we were born yesterday, makes me quite angry.

They will deservingly be called out for it until their actions show us they want to go up. Sadly, it looks like they have just bought themselves three more years to amble along by selling us this youth project. We'll be back in L1 again before we ever get back to the Premier League (if the latter happens at all under this lot).

The night Wigan relegated us out of the Premier League , I said " I will never see Rovers again in the Premier League " nothing as changed my mind since ....

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But yes you just carry on ignoring and twisting my simple points, then just reply with your arrogant belittling remarks 👏👏

Ahh you mean like when you replied to K-Hod with just 'That is nonsense' and no supporting argument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Makes sense to sell based on his quality but as you say, we're already light on bodies!

The thing for me is, I don't want just bodies. I want decent players.Magloire is not championship standard, so get rid.

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry i didn't realise i needed to answer to you at all really! Don't be so melodramatic 🙄

My short sentance said all i needed to say. maybe get over yourself 🤷‍♂️

Probs wouldn’t hurt to say why it’s complete nonsense though. 
Anyhow, I’ll leave it there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You said there’s a few on here that are relentlessly negative (is that an incorrect, cherry picked interpretation, apologies if it is?) …

My response was - just like you were all last season!

If you don’t like being called out as a hypocrite… don’t be one and engage their actual points and how they are incorrect (or ignore them, don’t just whinge about ‘negativity’).

*Anyway, feel free to clean up all this, Mods!

A point which I specifically responded to in my post which you either overlooked or blanked out. 

Yes whinge to the mods as well now... if they hide this for precious you then for balance at least 75%of this entire thread should be hidden also 👍

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It is, and you didn't demonstrate any.

Sorry my bad, guess I've just not articulated myself very well then. 

In my defence I am on the old autism spectrum and think in a very different way to some on here 😅 and what makes perfect sense to me can seem like jibberish to others 🤣 at least i don't take myself to seriously about it all though.

I'll leave it at that! 

Just in regards to another question i asked to no response.... Any insider gossip about the Taylor Richards link

• Like 1