BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Don't forget the stupid pants down deal they did for Poveda, were Rovers ended up still having to pay his 11 grand a week wage contribution whilst he was injured and back at Leeds.

Is there any surprise whatsoever the contract situations often end in farce when you look at that.  Just who agreed to that and signed it off ?   Did they even know what they'd agreed too ?

Shocking but unsurprising so unless Leeds are literally giving him to us for nowt then forget it. 

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Welcome Callum

And tbf! That was a pretty nifty little promo vid from the media team👏 props where it's due👏

A lot of those videos they put on twitter are very good.

Except the shirt promo where they were proudly showing off the rotting carcass of the Riverside. 

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

An excellent signing on the face of it, good age, lots of championship expereience and a real engine.

We may lose on the defensive front, but his end product in the final third will add much more than we've had since Emerton departed.

Think this is great business

From the bit I’ve read on him his final ball seems to be his biggest weakness

One big problem addressed, in my opinion at least 5 more needed before we can consider ourselves as strong or stronger than last season.

We will see whether he is an upgrade on Nyambe in time to come. I am pleased we have got some business done at last, pleased there is at least some willingness to invest and pleased that we are actually addressing things with proper contracts.

I am baffled. Baffled that we are willing and able to pay a reported 7 figure transfer fee on this lad and hand him a 4 year deal yet not willing or able to retain Lenihan or Nyambe, the cost of both peanuts in comparison to this outlay.

My interpretation is that a combination of Covid, Venkys going silent for a couple of years and a vacuum at the top of the club with Mowbray's power gone meant nobody was in a position to sort those contracts out, and by the time we were it was just too late - those players had had interest from elsewhere, bridges were burned and heads were turned.

I am hoping that things are different now, but this is only a small start. Much more is needed and quite quickly, although the most pressing area has been dealt with.

I think the most impressive element of the deal is the professionalism of it. To have an actual Director of Football talking about the background to the deal, the logic behind it and even thanking Barnsley for their part in it just suggests to me a lot more of a professional structure in place. Don't need to hear from JDT on this - Broughton can handle it

• Like 5