BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

29 minutes ago, Butty said:

Nothing to suggest we’re going back in for him or that Brighton are even willing to loan him out again or sell him. 

Good, let's hope it 's the Rovers keeping their cards close to their chest.

It could be a signing that launches a thousand season tickets !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

Good, let's hope it 's the Rovers keeping their cards close to their chest.

It could be a signing that launches a thousand season tickets !

Not sure even Messi would get us to 10k season tickets sold 😂

It’s been an exciting few days…

At the moment in an ideal world we could be set for:

RB Brittain (1-1.5M) - Confirmed 

CB VanHecke (5-8M - Special case) - Speculative 

CM/LWB Styles  (1.5-2M) - Close

CM Morton (loan) - Close

RW/LW Bowler (2-3M) - Strong linked 

Surely would be our best set of business since big Sam?

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, TruRover said:

CM Morton (loan) - Close

Don't forget Cantwell

6 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

So a couple of days ago I said quite adamantly that Van Hecke will not be coming back. Now you lot have got me believing. Damn you all if he doesn't rock up now 😕

Wouldn’t get your hopes up on Van Hecke coming back mate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

Wouldn’t get your hopes up on Van Hecke coming back mate. 

How can you be so sure?1 year left on his deal.Webber and Dunk have 2 of the 3 spots at the back.They were in for Bassey who went to Ajax for £22 million so are in the market for a centre half and have Veltman and Duffy there aswell.

Another one of their young centre backs who had been around the block on loan was sold to Napoli for £4.2 million this summer as he asked to leave due to a lack of chances in the first team. 

Van Hecke will want to be playing every week not a bit part role,his wages are apparently 4k per week.

It's a long shot but I wouldn't say no chance of it happening,he loved his time here and no prem club is buying him and starting him at this point 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Brighton can’t surely be looking for anywhere close to that for Van Hecke when he’s out of contract next summer.

It'll come down to if anyone else fancies him who will pay more.

Quick search on google news doesn't suggest anyone with more cash than us is sniffing. If there isn't prem/serie A/La Liga interest he's going to go for £2M-£4M imo.

Spending money NOW before we (likely) sell Brereton is absolutely the competent thing to be doing.

If Barnsley, Blackpool, Oxford, Brighton  Malmo etc think we're "skint" then we're in a better negotiating position.

If we'd already gain £20m from Diaz, Callam Brittian would not have been so cheap.

Van Hecke would be outrageous. But we've sold Duffy to them and signed 2 players on loan (both played a ton), so it's feasible there is a good link there.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Is the Morton deal back on? LET reporting that it's on hold due to injuries at Liverpool end.

His quote " want to continue my development with regular game time..."..🤣🤣 Jesus look what we have become.  A boy not even played any proper games taking the piss, no respect at all. New proper players please Gregg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, TruRover said:

CM Morton (loan) - Close

josh bowler would be great,van hecke mind blowing and either the serbian malmo player or the lad from oxford brannagan,i think he`s far better than szmodics

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

His quote " want to continue my development with regular game time..."..🤣🤣 Jesus look what we have become.  A boy not even played any proper games taking the piss, no respect at all. New proper players please Gregg

Is playing 90 minutes at the San Siro last season classed as a proper game?

He clearly has talent and would be an upgrade on anyone we clearly have at the club.

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Exactly we have a proper manager now not tony 'we're a development club for up and coming youngsters' Mowbray.  We should be aiming for higher

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Spending money NOW before we (likely) sell Brereton is absolutely the competent thing to be doing.

If Barnsley, Blackpool, Oxford, Brighton  Malmo etc think we're "skint" then we're in a better negotiating position.

If we'd already gain £20m from Diaz, Callam Brittian would not have been so cheap.

Van Hecke would be outrageous. But we've sold Duffy to them and signed 2 players on loan (both played a ton), so it's feasible there is a good link there.

What if they offered us Van Hecke as part of deal with Brereton going the other way? 

I know BBDs value is high at the moment and BB could be back anytime, but I worry that’s if a massive gamble replacing his 20+ goals. Without his goals last season, we’d have been in a serious relegation battle. 

• Like 1